What is the Detroit of your country?

What is the Detroit of your country?
Criteria:
>used to be the jewel of your country, a model for success, industry, wealthy and good citizenry
>used to have a very high standard of living when compared to the rest of the country
>now in a near post-apocalyptic state of dilapidation, population decline and useless social services
>crime, namely murdered corpses, being it's greatest export
>the butt of jokes in your country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D-_0f8qSrCU
auctions.buildingdetroit.org/Home
youtube.com/watch?v=GqfAzpTGPGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yubari City is the Japanese version of Detroit.
The city used to be succeeded by mining industry, but it was gone already. The city was already bankrupted because of high population decreasing.
No body wants to move there, so there are only old people who are too poor to move somewhere else.

Detroit

Odessa, Kharkov, Novgorod, Tver.

literally any city under 500000ppl big

We don't really have a Detroit-tier city. What about a region?
I'd say Appalachia since it fits all those categories.

>implying any city in Russia has ever been a model for success
>implying that Russia has ever had good citizenry

Having been to Detroit as well as having traveled extensively globally I can safely say there is nowhere quite like Detroit. A global spectacle of urban decay on an unprecedented level. 100,000s of abandoned buildings and lots. A municipal government and school board that have been on the verge of bankruptcy constantly since the 70s, and have gone bust numerous times. Massive unemployment nearing 50%, massive crime rate. Pine Knob is the single redeeming feature of the metro area.

Seriously. I've lived in PR China and traveled around India and nothing I saw in either country remotely compares to the desperate situation in Detroit.

We just have a litttle bit longer history.

In my honest opinion, detroit needs to be converted to farm land.

Detroit sounds scarier and crappier than the shittiest French suburbs

Charleroi

youtube.com/watch?v=D-_0f8qSrCU

Łódź, sort of, known as that ugly street from that one copypasta about Poland.
It used to be the center of a fuckhuge textile industry that made it grow from a tiny village to a 500k city within a century. Then it all died overnight.

Pure savagery.

I'd rather just give it to Canada.

The French founded it. What went so wrong?
>fire department doesn't even have boots
>hasn't elected a conservative mayor in half a century
>went from 95% white and full of European immigrants but now has half of it's population and is 80% black and has a suburb full of jihadist Muslims.
>had the highest quality of life in the entire world after WW2

Łódź will be another polish phoenix after Warsaw. The centre of the city is a one big construction site. Łódź and Warsaw will form a duopolis.together, it was some kind of a Detroid, but won't be anymore.

So why exactly hasn’t it been purged?

the entire south

Oh look, it is this meme again

What's wrong with Novgorod? Last time I checked it was just a small city with a lot of historical places to visit.

>Tver
This

Its a region called ruhrpott

Where's my gangstas and all my thugs?
Throw them hands up and show some love and uhh
Welcome to Detroit City
I said welcome to Detroit City
Every place everywhere we go
Man we deep everywhere we roll
Ask around and they all know Tricky
That's whats good man they all say Tricky

We don't have one because we're a developed first world nation

Don't you have New Zealand?

>used to be the jewel of your country, a model for success, industry, wealthy and good citizenry

nope

Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Nezahualcoyotl, Chalco, Ecatepec

I find old, run down places to be max comfy. They have character.

Genoa comes closest, but it wasn't nearly as good to begin with and it's not nearly as bad now.

*tips chai latte and kale*

Malmö, with Gothenburg and Stockholm on their way their.

cordoba

Huh

How many Koreans?

Salo lost alot of jobs because of Nokia, but its still a nice city. So yeah, we dont have one.

It is the effect of an 80% black population.

What? There aren't many Koreans, I guess.
Are you a Korean descendant?

Das isd Rassisdisch!

Pretty much any city which has seen major immigration.

Birmingham, Hull, Stoke-on-Trent, etc.

Detroit is 80% black (our scapegoat minority) so since Koreans are the scapegoat minority in Japan I'd assume they'd fill up Yubari.

Everything apart from villages, hamlets and farms.

Glasgow Tbh is about as close as it gets.

There are nice parts of detroit. Its mostly shit but there are still the good parts. Its suburbs are nice.

Classical correlative equals causative factor fallacy. I'll appreciate racist arguments once they conform to logic

Rio de Janeiro. Fucking degenerates

Glasgow.

*Downtown*
These days the actually populated parts are pretty great. It's when you get out of downtown/midtown/Jefferson Ave. that it turns into ghetto shit. I maintain that downtown Detroit has some of the best architecture the US has to offer

Blacks are objectively shit.

Technically Danzig, Konigsberg, Stettin etc

Any land you guys lost to Russia/Poland

Choibalsan

After the steel mills shut down it's a shithole

That sounds similar to what I've been told. I only said that because when my gf was young she lived in Grosse Point and visited the nice parts of Detroit often

Downtown Detroit does have beautiful architecture but literally the only things to do downtown are photograph the art deco era towers, eat a coney island dog, shop at the biggest used book store in MI, and get the fuck back to the suburbs before dusk.

São Paulo.

Charleroi, that town and its inhabitants should get nuked several times

Was crime still high back then?

nice, looks like an old LA I know from LA Noire

Is there any good movie or documentary about Detroit?

Robocop.

>Charleroi has 200.000 inhabitants

Looks better

>Living in Charleroi in the 21th century

8 mile

>even nice buildings are slowly becoming ruins

Detroit Rock City

>21th

I guess it was a mininng town?

It was much safer back then.

Where did it all go so wrong?

>even Charleroi's higher income suburbs look like depressing ruins

I'm drunk tbqh

I'm guessing it's full of terrorists too?

kek no.

yes

Well it's full of blacks in the metro, to the point that nobody uses it. But funnily enough the muslim problem isn't big in Charleroi, since they came much after the high point of the town. Up to this day it's a city full of Italians

Get in Boys auctions.buildingdetroit.org/Home

Banks aren't required to bulldoze condemned buildings on foreclosed property. They'd just assume sell it as is and let the new owners deal with it.

actually it was very very good

youtube.com/watch?v=GqfAzpTGPGo

>Failure to bring a property up to code within 6 months will result in forfeiture of property
Does this mean they are free?

Glöm att Stockholm och Göteborg är på väg mot samma håll som Malmö. Det stora antalet invandrare är bara en av anledningarna till att Malmö är ett sånt jävla rövhål till stad. Malmö stad är en den mest inkompetenta kommunen i Sverige som har slängt pengar på helt obegripliga projekt i årtionden nu. Dessutom har Malmö inte lyckats övergå från industristad till en mer tjänste- och serviceinriktad ekonomi som till exempel Stockholm.

2bh some of these are good for their price, ignoring shit like the neighborhood and school districys and shit like that.

I think you have to spend extra on renovations.

Plus don't they have huge hidden costs (aside from renovations) and taxes? I saw a documentary on this a while ago, if something seems too good to be true it probably is.

Its still 3100$, unless I'm missing something you could probably just find a good spot, get you and your buddies to move down there, tear everything down, and just build nice houses in your own gated community. Michigan has good gun laws so you could also arm yourself to protect yourself from the undoubtable hordes of guys trying to break into houses

>What went so wrong?

Unions drove out the industry

Blacks certainly don't help the dire situation of Detroit, the decay of Detroit was caused by American industrial decline, but the blacks who still live there certainly don't help the condition of the city.

Too bad there's no fiber

But there's no shops, no garbage collection, no amenities in many cases (even running water, power), no public transport (although that's normal for you). Not exactly a great place to live.

That guy is partially right. Most of those blacks are poor blacks and statistically areas with a lot of poor blacks have high crime. Where he is wrong is that Detroit being 80% isn't a cause of it being (mostly) shit, its a symptom of its failure. When the white families moved the industry and business from Detroit to its suburbs, they left behind the blacks who were too poor to follow them.

Just imagine it as colonization, Detroit is the new frontier. Once it recieves a proper tax base those will come in time but in the mean time the colonizers will just have to live a bit of a tough life

M A L M Ö

Realistically, the most economic way to revitalise these areas would be for a developer to buy up an entire neighbourhood and provide all these currently lacking amenities, as well as new housing and a secure environment protected from the surrounding areas. Bit by bit you can reclaim it.

Thats the idea

Ruhrpottschelle inc

Btw are these neighbourhoods currently completely abandoned, or are there gangs/hobos etc living in the old houses?

Narva i guess.

I'm pretty sure they are just sparsely populated but without a doubt there are definitely stretches that are completely abandoned. Any hobos you can just evict and you could probably pay anybody who is still living there to just move, and buy their house for a generous (but still cheap) amount.

CARACAS CITY MARRAFACKA

>Detroit
>posts a picture of the Bronx

I've been to Detroit once. Just passing through it south to go to Texas.

Anyways, Downtown was pretty fucking cool. There a fuck load of nice architecture there.

>French where there would be English now

Even banlieues shitholes have a shitton of special polices forces and social services/schools.

I'd say Northern Marseille.