Of 28 member states of the EU, only one member state gave their populace a referendum on EU membership...

Of 28 member states of the EU, only one member state gave their populace a referendum on EU membership, everyone else is held in against their will

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuH563jh7ZM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Referendums_related_to_European_Union_accession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_European_Constitution_referendum,_2005
youtube.com/watch?v=i4VfMhJc9RI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_public_debt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate
marketwatch.com/story/greece-beats-target-with-25-bln-budget-surplus-2016-07-19
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Must feel good to finally be free of those shackles

and it turned out great didn't it

ah yes, very good UK

HOWEVER

economic """"""catastrophe""""""

seems more like the eu is harmed...

I don't get it, if your leaders wanted out so much, why is every brexit leader avoiding responsibility so much? Also, why postpone carrying out the article 50?

it's my understanding that the May government wants to have most things in place like trade deals before invoking article 50

just because the leaders of the referendum were successful does not mean they suddenly control all British foreign policy

Right, so why were most of them running in hide crestfallen?

Yes, sure, they may debate that, but my view is they have made a 360 turn and come out with way worse terms than before.

Did you hear Farages speak in EU council right after Brexit? Not what I'd call diplomatic. Here it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuH563jh7ZM

The Aussies and Kiwis at least have been on the blower in anticipation in doing free-trade deals with the UK as soon as possible. Brought a tear to me eye.

>leave EU
>membership dues not going to the NHS
>worse trade deals compared to being in the EU
>pound value plummeted

Britcucks, everyone

but muh indy pen dance day

But Norway was smart enough to hold a referendum before they even enter the union.

idiot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Referendums_related_to_European_Union_accession

>tfw 3rd time in the last century that you save the world from Germany

That picture is retarded because france was the one behind the EU, to get a grip on our coal and steel, and to keep us down. Too bad it didn't work out for them, I mean the people here just made the best of the situation, you can't really blame us. Same with the euro.

France are very eurosceptic and will probably leave within 5 years. Same with the Dutch.

Well, The Netherlands and France voted about the European Constitution.

That's nice for them, but shows their level of retardation too.

Hello communist.

LMAO BUTTHURT KRAUT

61.54% voted NO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_European_Constitution_referendum,_2005

How am I a communist for saying that it's retarded to force shit up on germany and then leave because everything the french tried to keep us down backfired?
I don't care for the EU, neither do I care for the french.

Did you know the Dutch Prime Minister said he would never allow a Nexit referendum here. Because he already knows what would happen.

Our government is too scared to give us a vote

We would probably leave too if we got the chance

Will he be reelected, or will Geert become the new president? And what does the royal family say about all this?

Currently our country is ruled by the VVD (right wing classic liberals) and the PvdA (Labour Party).
In the polls for the last year or so Wilders his party (right wing conservative) has been larger than the two ruling parties combined.
Currently it looks inevitable that Wilders is going to win the elections.

But he'll need two parties to rule along with him.
The second biggest party in the poll is the VVD and the third biggest party in the poll is the CDA (center right Christians).
So in the polls the biggest, second biggest and third biggest parties are right wing. So the chance we're getting a full right wing coalition is pretty big.

But there is one problem. The VVD and CDA don't like Wilders speaking out of his turn. Because in the Netherlands the government isn't allowed to disagree with itself. Plus the VVD and CDA are against the referendum. So it's all up to Wilders - if he's willing to make concessions - if he will be able to rule or not.

The King strongly believes in the EU in public. But he says he would always follow the Dutch democratic votes. What his real opinion is is unknown. He certainly won't make any comments about any referendum.
Wilders and the King do sometimes have opposing interests. For example Wilders wants him to pay taxes.

That's pretty interesting. I don't know anything about the system of the netherlands so I learned something new today. It's kind of sad that I never took the time to learn about your country, eventhough I live close to it.

Why don't you demand it? Have rallies for it, raise awareness. You are two of the coutrys that are the most vulnerable and cucked by the EU imo

This is what the King thinks of the EU. Speech begins at 4:20. About Europe 8:40 and on.
Excuse the terrible English voice over. I this his speech was in Dutch.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4VfMhJc9RI

No problem. Thanks for the video I'll watch it now.

>Falklands

>Imposing poverty on Greece

How many Brits fell for this maymay? Greece went to shit because EU wasn't eager to check where the gibs were going or if the country was really ready for introducing euro.

>France are very eurosceptic and will probably leave within 5 years. Same with the Dutch.

Hahahahaha no.

Their politicians are well-aware that there is little prize to be found in leaving EU and UK might be a perfect testing ground to dissuade other dissenters.

Don't forget that Greeks faked their own statistics just to join Euro fast.

>nigel trying to divide and conquer

fuck off retard

Stop pretending they were hiding from responsibility, shill. It's an argument based on ignorance and repeating it isn't the same as proving it.

As you saw, voting in EUSSR is useless. EU is completely undemocratic when they feel like pushing federalization further like with the EU constitution.

I still don't understand why there are shills who shill for breaking up the EU. Who is paying them?

I really appreciate the sacrifice you made, Britain
Seeing how UK goes to shit and balkanizes will show the population of rest EU that leaving is not a good idea

Why do you hate democracy () and regurgitate dishonest memes about the Leave campaign? Seems like something a paid EU-shill would do.

>Seeing how UK goes to shit and balkanizes
I wonder if Germans actually believe this or if they just want it to happen.

Almost every piece of German media has been negative on Brexit though, so I guess that's why.

BUT MUH SOVEREIGNTY???

IT'S FUNNY ISN'T IT

>you will live in a time where the European countries are just England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Norway, Switzerland and The EU

Do you really think an independant Scotland is something that couldn't possibly happen?

There's no way that's going to happen

SNP wants to hold a referendum next year.

The last Scottish referndum was pretty close, and a big argument for staying was that it wasnt guaranteed Scotland could stay in EU after leaving. But now, the situation is reversed, the only possibility of staying in the EU is by leaving UK.

>Article 50

didnt spain say it would veto

I know they want to but they won't.

Even if they did once people realise that we'd have to join the Euro and that we can't keep the Pound there's no way it would pass.

Only if Scotland separates from UK illegaly.
If Britain accepts the results of Scottish referendum, there would be no reason for Spain to veto Scotland joining the EU

EU is shit at negotiating trade deals with countries

Whats so bad about Euro, compared with Pound?

>didnt spain say it would veto

Spain does what Germany tells us to do. The government just said that for their voters.

>Only if Scotland separates from UK illegaly.
they said the same thing last time though, when we had a legal vote.

>Argentina calling Britain's economy bad

>article 50

Yeah, about that...

why not? Scotland has a private note currency pegged on the pound, I thought it wouldnt matter?

>Spanish Prime Minister also stated that an independent Scotland would become a "third country" outside the EU and would require the consent of all 28 EU states to rejoin the EU, but that he would not seek to block an independent Scotland's entry

because eu-politicians are bought by companies.

the euro is heavily influenced by mediterranean and eastern euro economies, which are shit and can go down any minute.

that's most I would say, though outright bribery may not be involved as such, rather than just the EU ones. The British parties are all purchased in one way or another once they have a seat or two.

It hasn't worked out so well in many countries, also it's not very wise to adopt a currency you have no control over

Scotland uses the pound, it was a pretty big issue in the scottish independence referendum

good thing the pound is such a strong and stable currency

Do Scots have any control over the British Pound?

The same amount that Americans have over the USD

If Scotland were to leave the UK, they would have no control of the Pound

>force greece to use a currency based on the germany economy when the greek economy goes tits up
>force them to accept bailouts they knew the greeks couldn't pay back
>the eu totally didn't cause poverty in greece guys !!!

Ironically you don't have even that as your queen is the owner of the issue.

Only constitutional monarchies and republics possesses own sovereignty

Yeh but the scottish pound exists as a currency, if it stayed pegged then as long as they have note for note on what they can deposit though i am not sure i understand the intricacies of it.

Also 11th June this year.

One audience member asked her if an independent Scotland would look to join the Euro as well as the EU after a Brexit, Sturgeon replied: “The pound is Scotland’s currency as much as it is England’s currency. That’s the currency I think all parts of the UK should use and it’s the one I’d want Scotland to use. “Scotland uses the pound. It’s our currency just as it is your currency, and that’s the currency I think we should continue to use.”

So she must (i assume) be moving along the pegged currency path in her mind?

It wasn't that close - No had over a 10% lead on Yes.

Besides, once it's made clear that an independent couldn't can't join the EU, there's no reason for them to leave.

I don't think Slovak and Estonian economies can go down any minute.

That's my point exactly, it would be idiotic to even have another referendum

excuse me, who forced Greece to join the EU or Eurozone?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate

>having more decision making power over your own affairs is a bad thing

>Besides, once it's made clear that an independent couldn't can't join the EU
I dont think this will be the case. It is in the best interest of EU to see Britain balkanized, to discourage other member states from leaving

>if the same situation was imposed upon let's say Estonia Brits woudl be cheering Germany up for keeping the slav down.

There's no such thing as the Scottish pound, GBP is used in Scotland just like the rest of the UK

>“The pound is Scotland’s currency as much as it is England’s currency. That’s the currency I think all parts of the UK should use and it’s the one I’d want Scotland to use. “Scotland uses the pound. It’s our currency just as it is your currency, and that’s the currency I think we should continue to use.”

>So she must (i assume) be moving along the pegged currency path in her mind?

She's full of shit, any new country joining the EU has to commit to joining the Euro and as to whether the pound is "Scottish" or "English" is irrelevant, it's the currency of the UK and if we leave the UK we leave its currency too

excuse me, who forced greece to continue using the euro when it was obvious it was causing more harm than good?

why do you think that?

>estonia
>slavic
>implying we like germans over slavs

No idea
Mr. Schäuble actually wanted Greece out of Eurozone

Good for Exporters, actually.

Article 50 hasn't been invoked yet you bongs. And it won't. The referendum isn't legally binding.

You're just gonna get EEA and be even more cucked anyway.

>Uk
>export

Good one pal, especially without cheap Polish labour
Be ready for some Paki guest workers if you want an export economy

yet the vast majority of your politicians wanted greece to remain in the euro

It is well known that you consider greeks to be part of the west, while we are the oriental other.

So?
Its not like we forced them or anything. They even had a referendum, but their politicians decided to ignore it.

>europhile politicians decide to ignore the eurosceptic referendum result
gee whiz i wonder why they would do that hans haha lol!!! x x

Talk to yourself, Neil. We had to work hard before we got accepted in the UE. We're not a Murrican Troyan Horse nor a Jews straw man as Brexitland

I still don't understand why the Brits wanted to leave so badly
I feel like it's mostly old fags who want some sort of empire back or something
looks to me like the most retarded move in history and even if UK does better on its own you just destroyed the EU and brought back Europe a hundred years back with everyone being hostile to each other again

cause they are not as retarded as brits and didnt want to kill off their economy?

>Poles
>making anything we can export
Unless the demand is there for a clean toilet

Jokes on you, we have tons of Pakis.

our economy is doing better than it was before the referendum whereas greece is permanently in a state of hell thanks to you. how the fuck is not joining the euro and leaving the eu ruining our economy when portugal, spain have gone tits up and italy is on standby to go tits up?

It happened because everyone already is hostile again. The economic downturn, war, and immigration has everyone really pissed at everyone.
Also because of the bottomless charisma of this man.

>our economy is doing better than it was before the referendum
see >whereas greece is permanently in a state of hell
marketwatch.com/story/greece-beats-target-with-25-bln-budget-surplus-2016-07-19