Why is it so hard for europeans to unite?

I have always wondered why is it so hard for europeans to unite?

I live in the USA and united very easily earlier on in our history. Europe is old as fuck and STILL they have shitting contests with their neighbors.

Now, in more recent years, its kind of understandable when places like germany and sweden are taking a fat dump on the whole continent. But in the past.. how the fuck did you guys not unite? Could you imagine a united europe allied with a united united states!? Think of the fucking glory.

But now, you guys went full retard over blood feuds of ancient history. Polish people STILL don't like germans. Talk about holding a grudge. You think people in the north east of the united states have always liked people in the south? No, but we got over it and now we kick ass in one united conglomerate.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING EUROPE!?

>I have always wondered why is it so hard for europeans to unite?
They're all historically and modernly individual nations with vibrantly different cultures, languages, religious beliefs, and other circumstantial differences between them.

>I live in the USA and united very easily earlier on in our history. Europe is old as fuck and STILL they have shitting contests with their neighbors.
I think you're confusing the 13 colonies with individual nation states, which at times they somewhat were, but all were British territories occupied and upheld by (mostly) British diaspora. Sure, states differed, but not vastly.

>Now, in more recent years, its kind of understandable when places like germany and sweden are taking a fat dump on the whole continent. But in the past.. how the fuck did you guys not unite? Could you imagine a united europe allied with a united united states!? Think of the fucking glory.
They did have such a thing at times, kinda (ie the crusades, when Christians united against common enemies en masse). You're also forgetting the historical divisions and differences once again.

>But now, you guys went full retard over blood feuds of ancient history. Polish people STILL don't like germans. Talk about holding a grudge. You think people in the north east of the united states have always liked people in the south? No, but we got over it and now we kick ass in one united conglomerate.
Most Poles I know don't think badly of Germans at all actually. Sup Forums Poles probably do, because they're generally miserable pieces of shit anyway.

>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING EUROPE!?
Realizing that the EU was made to thwart communism, and now there's no neighbouring and threatening communism so the EU needn't exist.

>...Europe is old as fuck and

This, lot of different backgrounds, even if we basically share the same world view on human rights and so on, there are always those 800 year old conflicts or whatnot in the background.

USA is such a young nation, which was sparked from Europe less than 300 years ago.

Of course it would be nice if southern euros would get their shit together, but I guess it's too late for that.

I thought your flag was greek for a second. I would have went off on you. You are lucky.

You're retarded.

>I live in the USA and united very easily earlier on in our history.
do you actually believe that it's the same to compare a country with an entire continent full of different cultures?

Global Boker Face

>Realizing that the EU was made to thwart communism, and now there's no neighbouring and threatening communism so the EU needn't exist.

The EU is still needed though.

>full of different cultures
When will this meme die?
The cultural difference between Texas and New York is greater than between any two European countries.

Well at least we tried.

1/2

>I have always wondered why is it so hard for europeans to unite?

How come when the europeans arrived in america the native americans were not united?

Why the inca, the aztecs, the maya people were not united by that time instead of joining forces with the europeans against their neighbours?

Why didnt they unite against the european colonization instead of being genocided by them?

>I live in the USA and united very easily earlier on in our history.

If you can answer properly my previous questions, you will see right away that america was not united at all. You have a "common culture" because the europeans that have colonized america had left their former traditions in order to created a common tradition among the new population in the new settlement they have been granted to settle, but it doesnt mean you're united. How come the laws in texas are so different from the laws of the state of nevada?

That's because you're a federation of different autonomous states. You can seem unified, but by the law you are just independent states living among each other withing a common federation. You even have different kinds of taxes depending on which state you live.

>No, but we got over it and now we kick ass in one united conglomerate.
Because Ireland and its sovereignty and culture means more to me than becoming a shitty fucking state equivalent to the US, our culture being wiped away by British or French or German "culture" - and I'm quite sure other Europeans feel the same way about theirs.

I don't give a fuck whether Washington calls the shots on the world stage. I don't give a shite whether some faggot cunt in fucking Riga thinks Europe needs to unite to "make our own policy independent of USA" because ultimately Ireland is only going to be trading one cock for another, and I'd prefer the Yanks.

The Yanks just want to dick us for money. The Germans want to dick us for both money and our culture.

How so?

Man you're retarded as hell. Not everybody wants to be one giant mixing pot. Fuck off.

>The cultural difference between Texas and New York is greater than between any two European countries
Retard

2/2
>Europe is old as fuck and STILL they have shitting contests with their neighbors.

That was the drive that made us look for ways to come to america in the first place, if it weren't for that maybe we would still be living by the feudal system

>Now, in more recent years, its kind of understandable when places like germany and sweden are taking a fat dump on the whole continent. But in the past.. how the fuck did you guys not unite? Could you imagine a united europe allied with a united united states!? Think of the fucking glory.

Are you really comparing "recent years" to 3 thousand years of conflict and struggle? I mean, things were'nt just handed down like america had it from england in old europe, things had to be created since the times of shields and swords till the this time and age.

Didn't you realize when america was colonized england was already a major nation and you have inherited almost everything they had on knowledge material because you were its colony in the first place?

Have you ever read about the holy roman empire, the roman empire, the utmost attempts europe went through throughout its history trying to unite, and had the final conclusion that the local cultures and ethnicities and etc never gave up autonomy and they never let themselves and their will to be independent fade out?

Would you like to have the the same state laws of nevada if you lived in hawaii? Every place has its history and ancient people are not willing to let its identity be vanished.

> But now, you guys went full retard over blood feuds of ancient history. Polish people STILL don't like germans. Talk about holding a grudge. You think people in the north east of the united states have always liked people in the south? No, but we got over it and now we kick ass in one united conglomerate.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING EUROPE!?

> Burgers, I have no words for you

Look at how polarised the US is at the moment. If things continue to get worse, people may start to not want to live with each other anymore and thus break apart. It's real possibility, I think

>The cultural difference between Texas and New York is greater than between any two European countries

>canadian education

lol no shit was much worse in the past.

>400 hundred years of culture and inmigration
>different
you realise Europe doesn't even have an unified language
manners and culture are extremelly different from country to country
in UK they even eat some crappy bread that they call Loaf or something, and put senationalist gossip instead of news on the newspapers

>The cultural difference between Texas and New York is greater than between any two European countries.
This.

>This
... is a joke.

Like? The changing demographics is something unique

Do you really believe this? The UK is very different compared to Moldova. We have more in common with the US than Moldova