Should I learn Swedish or Norwegian?

Should I learn Swedish or Norwegian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cY1gf11_IzU
youtube.com/watch?v=TK1wC7boShk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally no difference so swedish since material is easier to come by

I don't understand... Why would anyone want to learn either of these languages? Even if you moved there, literally everyone speaks English. There's basically no content made in this language that's interesting enough to want to consume, basically all business is done in English, theres really literally no point

>Even if you moved there, literally everyone speaks English.
if he moved there he'd have to learn the language
it's perfectly possible to survive in Scandinavia for years without learning a word in Scandinavian but you'll never fit in and you'll have a lot of trouble socializing in any group setting since people won't switch to English just because there's a single foreigner there

The governments force you to learn the local language or GTFO after 3 months. Saying "I can get by with just english" won't do anything.

Basically what this Icelander said; swedish and norwegian are almost just like diaclects, danish takes a bit effort but is doable after a little while.

Might be hard to learn to speak the language since most people will automatically switch to english after you open your mouth.
Why would you want to learn either language tho?

Well, the Icelander already said it all.
Why would you move to Scandinavia tho?

I would never get out of this country, then why did I learn English? Because it's fun, most English speakers don't know the fun of learning another language.

imo norwegian orthography makes more sense but desu you can learn either and essentially learn both

Norwegian Östlandet dialects are sexy af

>imo norwegian orthography makes more sense
norwegian orthography is pretty bad since it's just danish
ironically danish orthography probably makes more sense for modern norwegian than modern danish though

err, so can someone redpill on nynorsk and bokmål? So NRK.no is in bokmål, right?

Seems like they write in both

bokmål orthography is danish with a handful of localizations
the vocabulary differs a little too

nynorsk is based more on west norwegian dialects and makes more sense for most dialects of Norwegian, especially western and southern ones but Norwegian is so dialectical it's not absolute
nynorsk also uses a slightly different vocabulary than bokmål since it's not only a question of orthography but 2 complete written standards

because nynorsk is a meme nrk.no and almost everything else you find in Norwegian is in bokmål
bokmål is the standard of choice for something like 90% of the country

I can speak chinese fluently, plus even Hokkien dialect, wouldn't see anything different if i didn't learn Chinese

I tought norwegian is more closely related to swedish than danish? Then again, of course Sweden has it's own share of dialects as well, and I'm mostly used to the Stockholm's swedish, which seems to be very different, compared to skåne or Göteborg.

norwegians speak swedish but write danish
all three languages have a lot of dialects but norwegian especially so but in general norwegian and swedish are extremely similar
norwegian write danish because they were ruled by denmark for hundreds of years and the only written language was danish and so when they gained independence they changed a handful of letter combinations and called it norwegian

this is also why nynorsk was made up later because they recognized that bokmål didn't represent norwegian particularly well

Okay, makes sense why it's easier to read danish than understand the spoken language.

I'm having fun with Norsk so far as an American. It seems pretty intuitive with an English/French background but I'm not too far into it.

the problem with danish is also that the spoken language is just going to hell
if you watch danish shows from the late 70's or earlier (Matador, etc.) it's a lot more understandable
now Danes don't really understand the concept of a consonant and everything melts together in one incomprehensible vowel soup where it's impossible to tell one sound from another since Danish has like 20 vowels most of which sound the same

>Even if you moved there, literally everyone speaks English.
>not assimilating
literally a sandnigger

I THINK YOU MEAN BERGEN youtube.com/watch?v=cY1gf11_IzU

Yeah you should probably kill yourself

Just learn both, it'll be easy.

Its sexy af I tell ya

yeah no

Danish has a ton of "accents/dialects". Sönderjysk (South jutlandish) and Bornholmsk (east Danish) are some of the more incomprehensible ones. Meanwhile, Copenhagenish is a lot more comprehensible unless you speak with whitetrash or immigrants.

Relatively comprehensible, but it still sounds pretty terrible.

>user is a rapefugee with an american proxy.

I know basic swedish for some reason I don't even know

People talk Swedish more than Norwegian. And other north lands can also often speak Swedish.

KAMELÅSÅ
A
M
E
L
Å
S
Å

But Swedish is for faggots

HJYLKAT

Neither

MIN MOR HAR EN STOR VANDMELON HÖVEL

*arabs and niggers
FTFY

Arabs, niggers, and faggots.
Learn Faroese.

haha okay inbred fuck

You mean danish?

Same shit 2bh

Better than bred with Somali immigrants, Sven.

>t. Abdullah "my parents are cousins" Nassar

Faroese is closer to Icelandic by far. Though, they still learn Danish in schools.

Thanks lad

You should learn Somali if you intend on going to Sweden.

The eternal Swede is the true enemy.

Both swedes and danes can understand norwegian.

with the added benefit that you can talk to canada's much larger somali population
>76.7% European
>14.2% Asian
>4.3% Aboriginal
>2.9% Black
>1.2% Latin American
>0.5% multiracial
>0.3% other

Swedish = can be spoken in Norway and Sweden

Danish = can be spoken in Norway and Denmark

Norwegian = can be spoken in Norway, Denmark and Sweden

Maybe like alot of your countrymen you have been here kindly asking locals for money and selling a certain magazine

If you understand Norwegian you get this package
>Fully understand spoken Swedish
>Fully understand written Danish

If you learn Swedish you get Swedish only, based on personal experience; Swedes lack understanding to some level and prefer to talk english if they meet norwegians sometimes. It's retarded.

why don't you unify your languages?
You are such small nations individually that otherwise english will eventually wipe it out.

Bullshit. Don't bully minorities languages/dialects, that's such a French thing to do.

Never heard a Swede speaking English to a Norwegian. Swedes who don't come from the south don't understand Danish though so they speak English. Funny thing is though that poeple from the south (Scania) understand Danish but Danes don't understand the Scaninan dialect

Ayy my danish friend, we have a common enemy

youtube.com/watch?v=TK1wC7boShk

Soon.

Isn't Sweden much more populous and relevant than all other nordics combined ?

I think Norway is more relevant, Sweden is just cancerous

dumb ass nigger. people there talk with their mother tongue

I need to know your reasoning. Don't say oil.

Swedish can also be spoken in Finland.

Why doesn't norwegians just speak swedish

They do

That fucking video

Isn't Faroese the one that lets you understand pretty much everything else?

That's Norwegian. They're the middle one in the Scandinavian language family

Faroese are close to Icelandic, which is almost the same language in which the Vikings wrote their Sagas.

Neither. Stick to Old Norse. There is more quality literature in ON than in all Scandinavian languages combined.

>chinese fluently, plus even Hokkien dialect
>chinese and hokkien
Are you some mainland commie?

danish, a danish guy in /brit/ said swedish is harder but all three all basically the same (ikr wtf)

No, a nation once again!

You can speak Swedish also in Finland. It's another official language here.