Duolingo

Is pic related actually any good or just another "learn languages fast!" scam?

Good for the very basics, but you won't get to an advanced level thanks to it.

How can it be a scam? It's absolutely free

Ah, shit.

I took it as a game and got the very basics of german, I am on german classes while posting this and I recommend that (not browsing 4chin while in class) but to first practice in Duolingo and see if you like the language, then invest in real classes

can i actually learn to hold a conversation in a language with duolingo?

It can't help but at some point you will need real books with grammar and exercices to understand what's going on.

Not Duolingo exclusively

Second.
Nope. I already knew spanish, it only helped me. And the grammar is lacking too as well. The one thing I hate is that it often leaves pronouns in sentences,and sometimes marks you off for not having it, even when you rarely use them except for ambiguity.

Absolutely not, for the most part due to Duolingo's approach to grammar. In every lesson there's notes which explain grammar and shit but they are all skippable, which means you could complete the entire tree without being able to form your own sentences and only repeating what Duolingo tells you. This also leads to many people asking the same questions over and over again in the forums when they could just read the fucking notes instead
The other point is that Duolingo teaches you only a very small part of a language (I'd say A1/Lower A2)
All in all, learn grammar and use other sources

You won't be fluent by just doing the Duolingo course, but it is a good, free, fun and easy introduction to the language.

Those who claim it to be a good way to learn the basics are fucking retards. Duolingo teaches absolutely nothing - no conjugations, no vocabulary, no tenses, not even a fucking alphabet. Duolingo quizzes will help you to be good at only one thing - passing duolingo quizzes.

Nice meme dude
If you do it like me and actually write down the vocabulary from the lessons and put them into anki it's breddy good
>No conjugations
It teaches you them, but like I explained earlier, the grammar notes are skippable

You can hammer nails with a microscope too and it'll work but it doesn't mean that's the way to do it.

what

Basically your mum is a whore.

Aгa, вcё пoнтянo ceйчac, cпacибo, тoвapищ

It's good for getting a framework in the language, and also good for review. Once you get to A2-ish, you need to start using other resources since duolingo is not meant to make you an expert. You can continue using duolingo until you're fluent, but as a secondary resource, not a primary one.

Its nice additional material. Not more.

He means just because you can do it one way and it may somewhat work, does not mean that it is the most efficient way. He is saying they could have implemented it better.

It's actually pretty good even though it does not go in-depth.
I suggest using the websites over the app as the exercises in the app are easier for some reason. The web version often forces you to manually type the translation.
I suggest you get a look to Clozermaster also.

They're not visible on mobile

Use your mobile browser you retard. Did Jamal literally fuck your brains out?

It's pretty bad, desu. It can be good for starting the language, but you won't remember anything valuable after weeks of using it. The only things you will remember are the phrases that they drill into your head, which can't be used much in reality. I'm fluent in spanish, and the Spanish program is trash. It told me I'm "50% fluent" after I took the placement test and then put me in a spot to learn present subjunctive, something very simple. I started Russian with this program, and I can tell you I've learned more from 5 days of a work book than I learned from weeks of duolingo.

Don't bother about the placement test. I tried my native language and it told me I was only 60% fluent.
Besides this, I pretty much disagree. Duolingo actually helped me a lot and I do not think there is a better starting resource out there for learning a language.

Duolingo is better than Rosetta Stone. That program is a huge waste of time and money

Why is Rosetta Stone a waste of time and money?

It only teaches pronunciation, there is basically no grammar and it costs too much.

You can't rely on Rosetta Stone to teach you everything

Whoa, how did you get notes to show up in the mobile version?