Cursive

Do you still use cursive?

In my opinion, cursive has been obsolete since the introduction of the ball pen, but I write in it anyway because of habit. It's good for keeping a journal.

It looks nice, and it might be a little thing that makes you look good to girls. I remember it, though I'm slow at writing it; I've wanted to default to it again just because but I write in all caps so often for work that that's usually what I end up defaulting to.

No, but I can't remember the last time I physically had to write stuff down.

Yes
It's faster I think

Yep. I use it for Russian, English, French.

I wonder if non-latin-alphabet-native users like russians or japs can read it

I remember learning it in elementary school, but aside from the letters in my signature I can't write in it. I wish they pushed it on us more

>It's good for keeping a journal.
You sound like a teenaged girl or a homosexual.

It's the fastest and most good looking way to write and it's also pretty much the only way I know how to write after writing in it throughout school.

I was taught cursive in school, so it was what I used before basically switching to keyboard. I found out recently that I enjoy writing thoughts down on paper, so I've been working on my calligraphy, and I have to say I'm glad I have the muscle memory from my childhood to write cursive quickly.

I found out that fountain pen is better than ballpoint pen because fountain pen pretty much makes you default to cursive; cursive feels optimised for that kind of writing tool. Ballpoint is whatever, might as well write in print with it, hence why I don't like it as much for cursive.

I do have autism, yeah. But a job too, so you can't complain.

This. It's comfier
Check'd

I totally can read OP image.

My handwriting is a mixture of cursive and printing

Yeah, since it's faster

Cursive is outdated. You only think that because Eastern Europe is still stuck in the Soviet era with dinosaur equipment like typewriters.

Typical decadent American basing his world knowledge off silly movie stereotypes. Typewriters are obsolete here since the 90s.

Neat cursive.

Very neat cursive.

I use cursive, sometimes I substitute letters of the alphabet with symbols of my choosing, because I feel like writing them makes it easier to roll through writing the world than actually spelling it as I should, so my cursive is more of a bastard synthetics.

If you were born before 1990 you use cursive. If you were born later, you do not.

>you right now

مرحبا، اخوي

What this say?

ألف مرحبا

It's just a nice little prayer for Trayvon user don't worry about it

ماذا تفعل سوى تصفح فورتشان؟

I do because that's what I learnt in school. My handwriting is horrendous though, even to the point where I can't read some of my own stuff.

No, Eastern Europe is poor and backwards.

Nobody here uses cursive after elementary school, you Soviet peasant.

استغرق بالقرائة, مشاهدة التلفاز أو المشي: إن لم يكن هناك عمل

I suppose americoons get shot because they deserve it, then.

I write cursive slower...

Here's a question: do you think more of cursive as an art (that has to be perfected) than a means (to writing faster)? I think people are hindered thinking that there's a right way to make loopdeloops.

بالإضافة: كيف العمل؟

you're supposed to use cursive 24/7

children are ridiculed for failing to master it very early

The former but I started to learn cursive only because I am interested in calligraphy.

Using cursive it's just being mean to whoever has to read the stuff you write. Most people here just write the normal way, like it's supposed to be.

The trick is to learn to command before you invent. Calligraphy isn't the last step, there's lots that can be had on paper.

Everybody here except 2 years old uses it.

>children are ridiculed for failing to master it very early
Good

at least back in my days

nowadays children are whiny faggots

I am still learning perhaps that is why it is going a bit slow. But it is kind of fun.

I met a French girl and she had a notebook with her with handwritten notebook with beautiful cursive. I showed her my problems I had with writing "f". She is the only Frenchie I have ever met.

I was taught Russian at school

cursive cyrillic is literally secret code tier

:^(

are you some kind of american scientist?

I legitimately thought it was just scribbles as a joke, and then I actually looked up Russian cursive.

What the fuck.

I have seen that shit and I don't understand how anyone could think it was a good idea.

I write in it exclusively. Why would you switch to slower and uglier version?

Only uneducated Americans and Canadians can't into cursive.

Also, look into phonetically transcribed alphabets and shorthand. Here's an obscure one, the obsolete Eclectic Shorthand.

Everybody writes in cursive here, it's mandatory in elementary school (1-7th grade) so everyone sticks to it all the way to college. It's slowly being replaced by keyboards though.

No. Only autistic people still use cursive.

my cursive has always been ugly as fuck even when I practiced it daily, nowadays I almost only use keyboards to communicate. I need to write some exam essays every 6 months though and I'm always wondering how the fuck the professors can read that shit. Literally no point in learning this for anyone who is born now.

I actually have a friend who taught himself shorthand to help with note taking in our freshman year of college with a book from the library. The last time it was checked out before him was like, the 1970s.

i was taught to write in cursive so yes

Don't you just love topics covered in dirt?