Why do Americans and Canadians have such big homes and personal property? If we are ancestors of Europeans...

Why do Americans and Canadians have such big homes and personal property? If we are ancestors of Europeans, why didn't we follow European architecture? Where did things change?

Actuall life space may have something to do with it,
Flats in Netherlands proove me right.

A lost appreciation for aesthetics

"Small is cute" doesn't apply to flats, I live in 26 sq meters one, I know that

Flats are basically a commie invention. Doesn't count

I live in early XIXc building, your argument is invalid.

Why would you want to live in such an old house?

I couldn't afford anything bigger or younger. But besides the size its age is actually a pro. German engeenering, good work.

Where will the kids play if not in the yard?

They made big houses becuase they had a lot more room

Space? Even Russia has more space than Canada and still shitty homes. What about Norway? They have similar homes and lots of space but they're still more crowded

>26 sq. meter flat
Do you live in a commieblock?

>Size
More space
>Architecture
We built efficiently, and quickly.

Didn't have time or money for fancy bullshit

Really?

>American "architecture" began with small wooden buildings (see old western towns)

>Over time, more structurally stable and advanced buildings were coming along (see NYC in the 1800s)

>For some reason, we go back to building wooden boxes for homes while commercial buildings started using steel and glass.

What went wrong? Why are our homes so far behind our commercial buildings?

Money

North America is a lot bigger than Europe, is entirely divided between three countries, and has a lot less people living in it. We have a lot more room, and had even more back in the old days.

Because Pakis come and buy lots with old brick houses and tear them down to build pastel cardboard fuckhuge "homes" to house 5 families and claim them as one for tax purposes.

>steel and glass

Explain

That doesn't explain why such crowded cities like NYC still have massive suburbs

I think it has far more to do with modern regulations in Europe. Look at the headquarters of some massive European companies compared to Asian or American companies. They're small not because they don't have the money but because of regulations regarding height, building material, etc.

I think I read somewhere that there was a conference held after WWII to establish a "distinct European culture" to ensure they wouldn't fall into Americanisation by regulating everything from architecture to language and media. Not sure if it's true though.

Cars, mate. Its fuckloads of land and His Holiness Ford.

Europe don't possess enough space, while Russia was and is damn poor for such culture to be born.

Not excatly. This is my building (door behind red opel combi).

Beautiful building.

>Names his folders in English

t-that's the only one ( ._.)

People don't want to live in apartments user.

Not really mate

We should be living in this by now.

>Mom-Son

Cheers man. It could get some renovation on front wall, tho. Our renovation funds wouldn't cover it probably, plus there is few more urgent issues, so not soon

>I think I read somewhere that there was a conference held after WWII to establish a "distinct European culture" to ensure they wouldn't fall into Americanisation by regulating everything from architecture to language and media. Not sure if it's true though.
I'm tired of cunts resisting americanization

I should take a look or two on that pic before I posted it I guess :^)

Ew no
Sometimes I wish I was alive when Alvar Aalto was a kid just so that I could've murdered him in his sleep
That butt ugly shit is all his fault

where are all the cars jeremi

>cars in Europe

Superior public transportation

Basically Suburbia after WW2. It was heavily subsidized by the government to kickstart the economy for a generation that would have otherwise been too financially cautious after the Great Depression and the war. Also, land is plentiful and cheap in the US. As for Canada, I assume Yankee culture must have just spread across the border.

now that's a good question actually (fueled by satan, too). Street is usually pretty packed, Mayby googles took pics during holidays or something.

Google street cars usually go out during working hours or on days when no one would be out partying like monday.