1. Your cunt

1. Your cunt
2. How well known and popular is the Old West in your cunt? What is your favorite movie, book, etc. about the Wild West?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfKgLX9aU10
youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo#t=0m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DJI0pTJIha0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumgp

Any countries were they're not well-known? Some books about old America were popular in USSR because they were a part of the school programme. This and some movies made Wild West theme popular among kids. There were tons of movies on TV in 90s. Now it's irrelevant.

tucoposting is the best meme

Friendly reminder that the wild west movie set is located in Almería, Spain.

>mfw the American Western Frontier was lawless and shit
>mfw the Canadian Western Frontier was relatively orderly and peaceful

The more things change the more they stay the same

i want to stick my finger in its nose

lawless doesnt mean violent
the old west was the most peaceful period in american history

everyone knows this
its made by italians after all

Weren't people killing each other for a mug of beer like ten times a day?

Anarcholibertarian detected
That said, the gun violence of the old west was an abberation for the most part. The most successful gangs realised quickly that the trick is _not_ to kill the train guard. That way the railway company is less likely to hire private detectives to fuck your shot up.

no thats just how it was portrayed in movies
IRL almost no one got murdered

>Anarcholibertarian
kek no, kaczynskist actually

1. Mexico
2. It used to be very popular. Manga: Steel Ball Run

John Wayne had a ranch in my state because a lot of western movies were filmed here.

Westerns are rather popular here. More or less. At least new movies are always in top of theaters charts down here.
Historically Russia always had some kind of wild/fronteer regions and most of the westerns' themes are rather familiar.

True Grit would be mine favourite book 2bh. Movie was ok too.

The movies are known, though not as popular as they used to be. Beyond that people know they're a thing, but I don't think most people here realise that it's mostly lies and made up culture.

Are australian westerns popular? Is there a nice movie about that one dude who welded together armor for himself and went berserk?

1polan
2. Pretty much everyone is aweare that there was such thing some time ago. Most of people has some idealised image of it based on western movies.

My faw is Good, Bad and Ugly but there was few others cool movies (Blazing Sadles, 3:10 to Yuma, 7 cool guys (I kno, I forgot the title.), I saw remake of True Grit lately it was bretty gud too. Or "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" -cool movie, despite bit retardet title.
I read only "Winetou" series and "Dancing with wolves" books about it, so by tko "Dancing..." is the winner. Winetou has nothing to do with wild west actually

youtube.com/watch?v=BfKgLX9aU10

I don't know that popular is the right word, but we've got a pretty fucked film industry anyway. But anyway, Ned Kelly? Yeah, Heath Ledger played him in a movie years ago. I think it was literally just called "Kelly" or some shit like that. Not the best movie, but honestly a lot better than I expected it to be. The closest thing Australia has to a western would probably be The Proposition. It gets a bit rough to be a run of the mill, feel good western though.

Yeah, I loved this movie from the very first shoot. (When Jessie is walking on some field and guy talks about him, and some music plays on background).

I'll add those two to my list, thanks.

He's right, first cause of death in the West was people being dragged by their own horses because a foot got caught in a stirrup...

Mad Max was pretty much western, just a little bit s-f.

No worries. Honestly, The Proposition is by far the better of the two movies. A bunch of good actors from here and the British Isles, plus Nick Cave surprised the shit out of everybody by showing that he could write such a good story when everyone thought he was just a singer and songwriter.

I really do not see why people love those movies so much. I must be missing something.

THE NIGHTRIDER

I kinda liked it, but I was early teenager when I saw them. As far as I remember they were just "cool" and brought a lot of simple einteirtaiment. That's still enough for me, but I dunno if I'd had the same feelings about it/

I really like the classics like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly or Once upon a Time in the West but some more recent films, like the remake of 3:10 to Tuma or Unforgiven I think were just as good. I really like some of the old ranchero films as well, La Oveja Negra and Dos Tipos de Cuidado, very different in tone but good samples of our equivalent for the genre.

*3:10 to Yuma

If you were ever going to watch Australian Sci-Fi, Farscape was better. Although admittedly I didn't watch much of that, either.

That was never the plan, but on the other hand I wouldn't turn good movie or show back, without at least checking what's up.

>La Oveja Negra
it's on youtube but no subtitles ;_;

From what I remember it wasn't that great, just better than Mad Max.

I'll pass then. I'm suprised that you don't like Mad Max. Here whoever I talked with about this movie, had some warm feelings about it. No one claims its everlasting masterpiece or shit, it's just nice piece of unspoiled entertaiment. At least this is how I remember it.

I'm probably worse because here we do have a cult following for the franchise. Which makes even less sense desu. Star Trek fanatics are the only fanatics that get a free pass in my book.

If we polans ever made a movie with this much noise made all over the world, I'd join some sect of its followers myself.

tl;dr - that by no means makes you any retarded

Last time I checked your biggest cultural export was death metal. Are you into that at all?

witcher 3 beat that if we include game industry. If no, thing are as they were before

Okay so join a Witcher fan club?

It ain't movie. Man has to have his rules you know.

Maybe they will make a Witcher movie

Okay so watch Season of the Witch and then dedicate your life to shitty movies and overacting.

Most of those posting under the US flag on Sup Forums, are self-hating whites and progressive millennials of the following type:

youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw

That is a period of history they wish to be erased.

Ogniem i Mieczem is well-known internationally and has a large following.

They did actually ( ._.)

youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo#t=0m30s

No worries that I'll need to do shit very soon
wat?
Well, I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really comparable with Mad Max trilogy. By box office or something like that.

>no english subtitles

You guys have some pretty good death metal bands though. Honestly I'd stick with that really.

I just wanted to show that GG CGI dragon, as it pretty much tell everything about the quality of the movie. I'd never guess that someone is gonna watch it whole .

very well known and still very popular.

those stories are told here in germany since the late 19th century.

western spaghetti were dope

>mfw the best western ever was directed and written by an italian and shot in Spain

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DJI0pTJIha0
The two best.

Cunts could say Sam Peckinpah or John Ford.
Why do you have an African woman representing Spain?

1. Austria
2. Pretty much only Spaghetti Westerns are known

Everyone likes Clint. Also Cormack McCarthy is the best living American author and blood meridian is a masterpiece

was super popular, mainly Vinnetou