Who's the best leader in Civ5 and why is it Boudicca?

Who's the best leader in Civ5 and why is it Boudicca?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg
youtube.com/watch?v=suiyMkrHbBU
youtube.com/watch?v=p4stSQXgfuY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lq8NeEFlIXg
youtube.com/watch?v=_Kr4Fc54Bws
youtube.com/watch?v=aX2CcrsxLcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>open civ v
>ok lets not play ottoman this time
>play ottoman again

fugging perfect soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg

Hello peasants.

youtube.com/watch?v=suiyMkrHbBU

Finland is clearly the best country

My keshik hordes laid waste to those pitiful dogs Rome and England

>le meme warrior queen
pls no

what did you say about my waifu you piece of shit

>his country is depectied as a bunch of savages

Speaking of Teddy Roosevelt. What do you think about him being the American leader in Civ6?

Great. Plan on raping Spain time and time again. Just like ol' times.

nice.

Alexander and Genghis are the best

Catherine is hot

>Using your outdated rifleman against my superior modern armour

Y'all niggas still haven't reached info era at 1901 AD lmao

This. Babylon is undisputedly the goat Civ.

Ramses is the best

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, rest of you is wrong, that's a fact

Why is she always depicted as scottish looking, her tribe were from south east england

Seljuq empire civ instead of ottoman when?

was boudicca real, did she really led battles, or she was just a legend?

u wot. celts are a shit-tier civ (without mods that make religion not worthless at least)

best for fun is montezuma, because of huge incentive to go and murder everyone in sight

I'm pretty sure she was real. She wasn't anything special iirc, and essentially only exists to fit a gender quota for the game. She's cute tho.

That community patch mod thing is pretty neat I gotta say. Giving it a go now, still gonna take a bit to used to.

I reckon Genghis Khan is most fun if warmongering. Kesheks move fast and make good use of hit and run tactics.

Yeah it looks like a whole different game in lots of ways. I can't be bothered to get into it though.

The NQ mod is pretty fun compromise between mixing it up and keeping it familiar. It can be OP but it lets you try out all sorts of different paths without the certainty of gimping yourself.

Keshiks always break my heart by upgrading to fucking Cavalry. A melee unit with like 10 unusable ranged promotions. So stupid.

>raping

>not playing as the Vermont Republic with mods
lel fuck off

>She's cute tho
t. low-test Abbo
She's a fucking ironing board with the face of a bridge troll

Best music, too.

babylonia?

assyria you nigger

Is there any better feeling than being the first to get nukes and making everyone else fear your great might?

Using the nukes.

This guy knows what's up

I've stuck with Civ IV for years.

Is Civ V worth it, or should I wait for VI?

I'll probably buy it rather than pirate it FWIW.

civ 5 is on sale right now

CIv 5 with all its expansions is better than 4, but not without them.

>tfw the civs you find most fun to play as aren't actually any good

Netherlands, Denmark, and the Incans are my top 3 fun civs

this absolutely, get everything or nothing at all

>civ 5
>not v2
>not ck2
>not eu4
>not hoi3

wrong

Plebs, all of you.
youtube.com/watch?v=p4stSQXgfuY
Traître à la Patrie.

>shitty girl who got her ass kicked by the romans
>couldnt even beat a roman army she outnumbered 20:1

Darius I of persia because I explode laughing cuz the way he speaks sounds like backwards Arabic

tho in terms of favourite character Napoleon is the best
even in gameplay he's always the best

why would they use her at all?
she's not exactly a shining example of leadership or military ability
she's a tribal woman, just tossing her in as a token/novelty would be my bet

napoleon doesn't make sense, everything about him should be military related, but his UA is about tourism. disgusting

he's really militaristic in my games
and usually like paradox games France is the final boss
a great blue blob

I like Khan and Napoleon, though I often pick England just to avoid the constant chirps about trade agreements

>Boudicca
>leader of the celts
Embarrassing as fuck. It'd be insulting as a leader of the britons, since her only achievement was getting herself and her daughters raped and her whole tribe genocided, but as leader/representative of celts as a whole? Jesus Christ. Did they never hear of Brennus or Vercingetorix? Even among the britons alone you'd have much worthier representatives like Caratacus.

WYMYN POWER XD

She was real, it's unlikely she "led" any battles considering briton generals were expected to command from the frontlines.
Even if she did lead anything, she has nothing to be proud of, the whole uprising was downright embarrassing and it ended in a battle in which 230k britons were routed by 10k romans.

CIV was best due to Karl der Große and Gilgamesh.

>Not playing hyper perfidious sea-jews.

In Civ 2 the Celtic leaders were Cunobeline and Boudica. In Civ 3 and 4 it was Brennus, and in the 2nd expansion Boudica was added. You wouldn't be so assblasted if you remembered the franchise history.

It gets shitty when you can't expand on your own, it makes for boring starts.
It's also ridiculous, Venice was an expansionist country that actively tried to expand its presence abroad. They might not have founded cities, but then neither did many other civs in the game.

I don't see how the previous editions being better make up for the current one being worse, frankly.

I've never played Civ 5, can you explain how Venice with its limit to just 1 city doesn't get totally assblasted? Does it just makes a huge ton of money off trade and buys city-states?
You clearly meant Charlemagne, bosche.

As much as I hate roaches this is one of the best war themes. I always get so pumped and ready to fight when I hear it. The civ is actually worth playing in the Community Patch.

When I play them I always make Judaism my religion and pay off the other powers to fight each other while I watch. I always make sure to get the Great Wall too for extra comfy/safety while I subvert the world.

You start with 4 trade routs and you can buy city states.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Well, it essentially comes down to mythology. All this romanticist shite spawned by Victorian Englishmen made her a recognizable figure. It's not like feminist sentiments play a big fiddle here - Civ is notorious for choosing questionable leaders solely on the basis of their familiarity with the general audiences (see Montezuma II, Joan of Arc, Stalin, Mao Zedong etc).

In this regard, the perceived image of Boudica as a badass warrior leader makes her no more realistic or grounded than a half-fictional Gilgamesh.

I'm fine with it, Teddy was a pretty good president, there's a reason he was put on Mount Rushmore.

Damn, that is a sick-ass war theme.

He actually was present in Civ1 as a modern age defense advisor for republican/democratic governments.

Is Boudicca really anymore well known than Brennus or Vercingetorix? I don't fucking think so, especially outside of Britain. Not to mention, who the fuck thinks of the britons rather than the gauls when considering the celts as a whole?
They just wanted to put another woman as a ruler.

>use Commerce and Patronage trees to make loads of money and buy off all the city states
>whenever another civ tries to take them from you, send them another 1000 gold
>keep a lock on these city-states until you get elected World Leader
how2venice.txt

Civ5 with expansion is solid, it still shits on beyond earth which was a joke of a game

vanilla civ5 is unbalanced as fuck and plain so make sure you get gods and kings and brave new world

incas are fucking op if you ask me, units ignore hills penalties and no maintenance cost if you build on them

Wouldn't it make more sense to just choose one of the kings of Scotland? Idk, maybe Robert the Bruce?

>choose one of the kings of Scotland
>for the celts
Dude. We're talking pic related, not kilts and bagpipes.

He has nothing to do with Celts.
Yeah, it's retarded when an ancient leader leads an amalgam of modern Irish and Welsh cities.

Best soundtrack comes in.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lq8NeEFlIXg

Whoops, sorry. I don't play much civ, and I forgot that Boudicca is the Celtic faction leader. For some reason, I was thinking of Scotland.
My bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kr4Fc54Bws

Best theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=aX2CcrsxLcQ

This better be a joke

>see flag
>ameriburger

Yeah, it's not.

>tfw we will forever be represented by some foreign leader who's only notable for fighting the Romans

Considering that for some reason the celtic cities are the likes of Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow, which weren't exactly celtic power centres, it's an understandable mistake.
The fuck was wrong with using Lutetia, Gergovia, and the likes?

Yeah the irish should get a different civ from mainline celts. You were rather different after all.

>country

>was boudicca real

Yes.

Fugger :DD :DDDDD :D :D

Would you like a trade agreement with England?

You have so much money that you can buy a ton of units to defend yourself, and/or pay big guys to protect you from bullies.

Highly debatable, there are barely any primary sources on Boudicca, her existence relies almost entirely on the writings of Tacitus and Dio Cassius.

>playing shit games

give me one example of good game according to you; so I can shit on them.

>Civ5
>not Civ4

i agree

I liked it better when we were just a city state