Was it ever "Great" ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Texas
donaldjtrump.com/positions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

>Was it ever "Great" ?
I dont remember Chile landing on the moon
Or blowing another country out so fucking hard that they create anime.

By historical standards it's a great Empire, but it won't be for long.

America was great before Obama, he ruined everything you have no idea.

I'd say Bill fucked everything up

Ah yes duterte is coming for us

You literally owe your existence to us, filibeaner, shut the fuck up

How did he ruin everything?

Not him but two things I think he fucked up on

1. Our society, he's playing identity politics and I've never seen this kind of racial/class division and anger, it's crazy and like we're going back in time
2. Foreign affairs, he fucked up Libya and Syria and left Iraq too quickly (against warnings), letting ISIS grow and terrorism/refugees to spread. Even Bush's bullshit was contained and managed at least.

carter era matey

>great = 1980's, 1950's, 1945 just 1945, 1776, & the 1920's
>not great = everything else

While you may be memeing there are people that actually believe this

Its stopped being great in 1788

it was great before everyone was fat and retarded

Did he make anything good?

Mexico is making America great.

>You literally owe your existence to us

kek chicanos ladies and gents

Yeah that time in the 90's when the economy was doing great, business was expanding, everyone was buying houses with their stock options they got from their high tech jobs?
Yeah, that was a terrible time.

>Even Bush's bullshit was contained and managed at least.
lol what, they invaded iraq in 2003, it just took more than 4 years to infect other parts of the region

Didnt we kick the fuck outta you when you tried to annex panama?

It was great in the imaginations white Baby Boomers who remember being kids and worrying about less stuff, but now they are old and (especially with modern communication) are exposed to the troubles and anxieties of the world (which is as it always has been), but they can't comprehend that their childhood Christmasland was the product of sheltering.

>Did he make anything good?

Duh.

>making a speech in front of La Raza saying Mexicans were here first (bullshit)
>stirring the black mob any chance he gets
>putting gay pride colors on the White House

Do you think this stuff helps bring people together or do you think it ticks them off and sets them further against each other? I would definitely say the latter, which of course is exactly what Obama and George Soros want to happen.

No thanks to anything Bill Clinton did, however he did wipe out one million US manufacturing jobs through free trade agreements.

whats la raza

>Not Slick Willy or Dubya

Mexicans/Mestizos were in Texas/Arizona/California/New Mexico before the U.S. gained them from Mexico
This isn't opinion this is fact what are you saying

A brown supremacist group. Let's just leave it at that.

Lovely, the Mexico is White troll is back and he got a US proxy.

I already kicked your ass in two threads. Give up already, Pablo.

Where did I say mexico was white lmao they're brown. Mexicans were in the Southwest before it was part of the U.S. buddy

Sit fucking down. We've fucked your country in the ass more times than I can count.

As I already went through before, Mexico had only 7 million people in 1848 and about 90% of those were concentrated in the old Aztec heartland. The part we annexed was largely an empty wilderness.

And take off the proxy, Paco. You're not fooling anyone.

Are you fucking retarded?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Texas

How cute, he thinks Spain=Mexico.

No sorry, try all you want, but your mud skin will never be white.

Okay but there were still natives/mestizos and ranchers living in the southwestern united states. They became American citizens when the land was annexed
Lrn2History

Those guys were descended from Spanish settlers, they didn't have any cultural connection to Mexico, and in fact were in a state of rebellion against Mexico which couldn't settle or administer the place.

Not that it matters because we can go over this 20x in a row and it still won't stop you from making this same thread every 2 days.

How adorable. He went and made another one.

From the interviews on the street, the answers I hear about when it was "Great" were during the eras of native extermination and slavery, and before the civil rights movement.

Basically America was "Great" according to these people when the only individuals with any real agency in life were white protestant men.

>Basically America was "Great" according to these people when the only individuals with any real agency in life were white protestant men.

So, actual humans? :^)

REAGAN HAD FUCKING ALZHEIMER'S IN OFFICE. HE FUCKING LIED ABOUT IRAN-CONTRA, YOU FOOLS.

Kek

but but cucks?

In my experience, no, not really human at all.

SWEDEN

YES
E
S

I'd say Americas most recent "golden age" was WWII and post war up to but not including the 60s. Strong family values. National pride. Etc. Etc.
Fucking degenerate hippies should have fucking offed themselves at Woodstock.

pls go back to Sup Forums

You're only proving my point.

America started tanking after Nixon and when Manufacturing Went to shit. That combined with being cucked by the financial sector (Reagan the OG """" capitalist """" is responsible for one of the biggest Bank bailouts) and its deregulations fucked the middle class. There were flashes of greatness in the 90s and the years before the recession, so I'd say there's still hope.

Bush Sr fucked it all up and then W fucked it up even further to where it was easy pickings for Obama to come in and shit on what was left.

The only reason it didn't happen sooner was because Clinton had to work with Gingrich. Obama on the other hand has had no problem working around chickenshits like Boehner, McConnell, and Ryan, who are all the same sort of Bush neoconservative who initially fuck everything up.

Reagan did drop the ball on amnesty though, something which Trump hopefully has learned from.

Clinton did sneak in NAFTA during his first two years with a Democrat Congress, so he did fuck things up long term.

Except for how all of Reagan's doctors said he didn't have dementia until the 90s?

I think Clinton got rid of more bank regs than Reagan. For one, Glass-Steagal.

>country flying planes into their own buildings
>great

Sup Forums is just an annex of Sup Forums anyway.

>Reagan did drop the ball on amnesty though
Or, well, the Tip O'Neill Congress anyway.

America was never great. It was a failure from its original ideological underpinnings. Treating liberty and equality as the highest values leads to inevitable social isolation and ethnic and religious strife. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution set America's history in stone: the Civil War, feminism, racial desegregation, and open borders are all part of America's ideological vector. America can not be saved, and it should not be saved.

It's context you have to look at here.
In the 80's, Carter was leading, and lots of people viewed him as a weak leader who kind of turned the democratic party into the more liberal party it is now. Remember, in the '76 election, Jimmy Carter won the entire southern part of the U.S., but by the 1990's the south was voting primarily GOP.
Reagan was a very strong figure who knew how to talk to people, be charismatic, and wanted to bring America to a "classical conservative" platform, attracting people young and old.
Then, the U.S. got three strings of relatively weak presidents. Bill Clinton, while he was very highly favored when he left office, is today seen by many to have caused the 2008 housing bubbles by encouraging wall street sell these sub-prime mortgages and fuck over the American people. Bush was unpopular, and was seen by many as rather dumb and clueless to his situation given the war on terror. Then, Obama came in and now is seen as very weak, PC, phony, etc. by many republicans. Even despite this, many people like his personality and demeanor much more than Clinton, and Clinton is even shaping up to be another term of Obama.
Now we have Trump, who, hearkening back to the era of Reagan, wants to be a strong figure who wants to work for the American people. That's how he wants to make America Great AGAIN.

>In the 80's, Carter was leading, and lots of people viewed him as a weak leader who kind of turned the democratic party into the more liberal party it is now
The Democrat Party has been leftist since Wilson desu.

maybe economically, but lots of social democrats moved parties because its platform gradually changed. that's why you see a lot of old republicans who used to be democrat, and why the south voted blue so much before the 90s

>that's why you see a lot of old republicans who used to be democrat, and why the south voted blue so much before the 90s
The South flipped red because of gradual socioeconomic changes after WWII, in particular the gradual development of industry and a middle class.

America is still pretty great. U americans are just retarded. Come to russia to see what means not being great

Because of hippies you don't have conscription.

Modern-style armies don't need conscription though.
It's called First World Problems.

>Bill Clinton, while he was very highly favored when he left office
Clinton was never a popular president, don't be fooled.

I guess that's true.
But really, they could have accomplished that without all the degeneracy.

Reagan fell off a horse and sustained a head injury in the summer of 1989. That's probably what triggered it.

>When did it stop at being "Great" ?
January 20, 2009.

*January 20, 2001

This legitimately

can't Americans take a joke? do they always have to get triggered and go MUH GREAT NATION IS BETTA DAN U whenever someone mentions them?

Why does American politics seemed kind of divorced from reality? Instead of voting on the basis of policy people seem to support candidates based on their PR-molded persona; it feels like a reality TV show. Can someone name a Trump policy other than the Wall and banning muslims (neither of which will realistically happen)?

What are Trump voters actually voting for?

it's a meme

it's never been greater than it is today

it's all an attempt to scare people so they vote for trump

donaldjtrump.com/positions
Have fun

He wants to bring back the manufacturing jobs Bill Clinton signed away with NAFTA.

Get off of Sup Forums, Justin Trudeau.

Trump has taken the Paulist position that social issues aren't Washington's business and should be left at the state and local levels.

freaking wonderful. now redneck shitholes like Tennessee can deny American citizens basic human rights because they're not a white heterosexual male who believes in some magic sky man.

At this point it basically is a reality TV show. A lot of it now is basically about theatrics and party tribalism.

Anyway, a lot of Trump's success is due to distrust of the government. My mother's planning on voting for him essentially because he isn't a politician, he's a political outsider and not part of the corrupt Washington elite. You'd be surprised just how much we dislike and distrust our government. It's been growing since the Nixon era, started to get really noticeable during the Bush years, and has only gotten worse. That's why Obama got in, because he was a political outsider, not part of the establishment, and promised change.

Me, personally, I don't like Trump or Hillary. It's unfortunate that they're the only two realistic options; I'd vote for Jill Stein if I thought she had even the slightest chance of winning.

Hey we've been kind of sensitive lately.

t. bernout

And what human rights pray tell would those be? And no, gay wedding cakes are not a human right.

No, just empty slogans like every election

and every 4 years retards get all psyched up about them

But Americans have never trusted the government, user-san. Our entire system was built on preventing an all-powerful despotic government. It was only a few fluke decades in the 20th century when we embraced statism and accepted whatever the government/corporations/media told us without question.

Oh, I dunno.

>the right to use recreational drugs
>the right for same sex couples to express their love or adopt and raise children without harassment or persecution
>the right to not be harassed or persecuted because you don't believe in Bronze Age storybooks
>the right of women to terminate their pregnancy instead of having to raise a rapist's baby
>the right of black people to use the same public facilities as everyone else

Libertards are functionally insane. They want to return all this to the state level. Which is fine when we're talking a progressive-minded state like Massachusetts or Minnesota, but when it comes to Rethuglican redneck shitholes like the South, I swear you're gonna see a return to literal lynchings of gays and black people in a few years.

The Bill of Rights was designed to...well, protect the minority from the tyranny of the masses.

t. enlightened university student

hold on, he's going for the big b8

Then those places will suffer from people leaving, yeah? And eventually they'll be forced to modernize if they don't want to fall behind terribly in development.

I'm pretty sure the richest states in the us are the modern ones where being gay is ok.

>Instead of voting on the basis of policy people seem to support candidates based on their PR-molded persona; it feels like a reality TV show

Because that is exactly what it is. Look at their people "explaining politics". They all parrot the slogan language they see on tv, they usually ca,n't say anything more than "[insert name] fucked up". It's a show of bullshit.

>I'm pretty sure the richest states in the us are the modern ones where being gay is ok.
California is actually going bankrupt and people/businesses are fleeing the state because of insane Democrat policies.

>>the right to not be harassed or persecuted because you don't believe in Bronze Age storybooks

What bronze age storybooks? You mean late iron age?

I see, rip gommiefornia.

A whole crapton of Democrat states are sinkholes like CA, Michigan, Illinois, and New J00sey. Sure, Minnesota is nice, but they're like 90% white.

America was great in the 50's when they had accumulated a massive advantage over every other modern economy who were all destroyed by two world wars, while the US had become rich from selling them guns.

Not to mention that in the 50's the US still had labour unions and a 90% top income rate which payed for social services and made sure they didn't get in debt.

Unions were an effect rather than a cause of prosperity and actually that 90% tax rate resulted in a decade of extremely sluggish growth and three recessions.

Most people didn't actually pay that 90% tax desu

People always give too much credit to the government for anything.

It has been pretty much confirmed that luck has more to do with a nations prosperity than any action taken by the executive branch.

We did a pretty good job in World War II, up until all that "Japan" stuff.

just like most of them dont pay tax currently ? :^)

Shut up Bernie

America has won cold war.
/thread

Post ww2 it was bretty good if we are to listen to our forefathers

and they made the nicest looking cars as well.