Dutch is the easiest language for an English speaker to learn

>Dutch is the easiest language for an English speaker to learn
Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4ugn1kRp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yaas yoou juust haaf toooo tiype een Eenglieesch weeth ekstra vouweels

Bump bump I'm very interested in this.

Bump. I'm also very good in German. I'm not perfekt but I have been learning German for 7 years. Also I'm a new user.

Dutch is great because it's kind of like what English would be like if the Norman Invasion hadn't happened.

It is hella easy. When learning some sentences come out 80% english.
Word order can be tricky but once you know the roolz you'll be golden. I got to conversational levels in 2 months with weekly lessons, online aides, and living in Flanders.

my brother is learning Dutch because he plays Overwatch with a few kids from the Netherlands.

Is your brother autistic, user?

Afrikaans is easier because it's simplified Dutch with more English orthography.

yeah but when are you ever going to need Afrikaans
At least Dutch has some vague semblance of relevance

Dutch is english with extra flem

French is probably still easier though

I want to learn Dutch because I want to learn another language and it's easy but it's not widely spoken at all (as oppose to something like German)

its easier for a German speaker.

Sure it's very easy but it has like 30 million speakers worldwide so it's not worth the trouble at all.

In what world is French easier for a Germanic speaker than Dutch?

still, by nominal GDP, you have bigger economy than over 70 mln. Turks

not to mention the fact that basically everyone in the netherlands speaks english

I don't really see what the point would be, unless you really like being in the Netherlands

Still, I'd say Turkish has at least 100 million speakers, which is a more important metric than GDP per capita. We also have high rates of English fluency.
Exactly. I would learn German instead, at least that language has many speakers, about 200 million, of which half or so are native.

What language has the best ease of learning:utility ratio for English speakers?

Spanish and French, always. Followed by German.

probably spanish, it's really easy

German

Is it true they show cp in sex ed classes in the Netherlands?

No. German is hard and has no utility because almost all Germans speak English

Wait, you don't?

But all Spanish speaking countries are shitholes that I wouldn't spend any time in outside of all-inclusive resorts where everyone speaks English.

No :(

Then learn French or German.

You're thinking of Frisian. Dutch has quite a few French loanwords as well.

German isn't that hard. It also feels a lot more natural than Romance languages.

It´s bastardized dutch, but it´s still bestdutch

No, American is.

Dunno if it's true, but don't expect it to be easy. It's still a foreign language, with different grammar and words. So like any language, it's a pain in the ass to learn.

Wenn du schon Deutsch sprichst solltest du es einfach lernen können. Ich kann nicht mal Niederländisch aber verstehe trotzdem ziemlich viel davon.

Well, Dutch is probably the closest language after Frisian. And it's not a difficult language.

But Afrikaans is a simplified version of Dutch, so that's probably easier.
Norwegian and Swedish are also easier in terms of grammar rules. And they are still very close to English.
And some languages like Spanish are easy in general.

I can read this perfectly but i can't speak german.
My tongue just wont do it.

The word order of Dutch and English is different. And in Dutch you use a lot of very archaic English. And in English you use a lot of archaic Dutch. So it's easy to miss what the other is saying.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4ugn1kRp0

fpbp

The answer is obviously yes, why bother asking? There are languages that are even easier, but they're artificially created, like Esperanto

>Dutch can't make German sounds

Wtf

Mm examples of us using archaic Dutch and you using archaic English pls

Dutch sounds very similar to English. MOST similar, I would say, especially when spoken fast. When I opened a video in Dutch, it's only after 5-7 seconds that I realized in was not in English

Ik lust wel een ijsje.

Pure gibberish. Then you add a translation.
I lust well an icey.

Do you also lust for icecream in English? Do you lust it well?

En het kindje on de bus zegt ik wil en ijsje

Well Kek anyway no we don't lust for icecream

Wot

Do you will an icecream instead? I will it!

That's not something English people would say, despite that the words are the same.

I'm probably going to go with Spanish desu. The only useful language in Australia is Chinese (and fuck that), but if I travel any more I'll be going to places where English is a primary or at least common language. I doubt I'll ever use Spanish but the same can be said of any other language that I'm going to try and learn so that's how it is.

German doesn't sounds very pleasant. Not that Dutch sounds good. They should make belgian dutch (south dutch) an official form in the Netherlands

*sound

I like this, I find it very interesting.

Do you have any the other way around? Where we use archaic Dutch?

>no gender
>no cases
>tons of shared grammar lexicon
Yes.

>I find it very interesting.
It's almost like the two languages evolved from a common ancestor

I know that mate. That doesn't prevent it from being interesting seeing this stuff.

I'm just being a snarky cunt, friend. I'm sure you've seen plenty on this website already.

No this is my first day on Sup Forums what is this

I know I come across it constantly, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I do know Dutch is a very archaic way to refer to Netherlandish.

Dutch has genders. It's just not very important. There is no real difference between male and female, but if something is neuter you use it instead of the.

The man, the woman, it house.

In English you have a wife.

In Dutch wijf is a derogatory term for woman. If you say this is my wive it sounds a bit like this is my bitch.

No, German is. But Dutch is close to German, so it's still easy.

lolno

This is what I've heard too.

>tfw no English-Dutch gf

afrikaans is best dutch senpai, the words are so fun sounding like lekker and moffie

Extremely shit taste

Lekker is the most abused word in Dutch.
Moffen is slang for Germans.

Anglo's really don't have a clue about languages. It's like hearing a caveman talking about space travel.

>moffen
silly käsköppe, that sounds cute :3

It's an old word for mittens because supposedly Germans wore mittens in the winter during the war.

Now it just means Germans.

godverdomme waarom heeft de nederdraad een wieb plaatje en een russische vlag en is de nl vlag draad gemaakt door een canadees en spreekt iedereen hier kanker

de terreur is doorgedrongen tot int

>Nederdraad
Alleen autisten posten daar.