We should revive Latin and make it an inter-European language. English is unfit, it became too globalized and leftist

We should revive Latin and make it an inter-European language. English is unfit, it became too globalized and leftist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1g7TrcIlpMk
la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_Latina_per_se_illustrata
lingualatina.dk/wp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Globalism may have failed but I still like the idea of English as a universal language.

That would literally just result in more Latinized translations of words like "cisgendered", "triggered" and "mansplaning". The gayness is already out of control and language isn't the problem.

How can a language become leftist?

Latin died because it was too inefficient

With so many people this is doubly so

I support this motion.

Do you learn it?

Maybe lefties will consider Latin a manifestation of eurocentrism (which it is) and even white privilege, who knows

I am going to learn it. I think it's very cool and all those cases and conjunctions are what separates the plebs from the rest

Its heritage is tremendous. I've found thousands of books in Latin online. Also, all modern terms are translatable because of word-building.

Yeah. Good taste. What textbook will you use? I have already started with Kolotovkin's textbook. Inflection makes the language a little harder.
But it's nice to learn an Indo-European language that hasn't lost its inflection.

sedeo - sižu
sedes - sidiš
sedet - sidit
sedemus - sidim
sedetis - sidite
sedent - sidjat

Sorry but I've already demanded Irish become the lingua franca. GO RAIBH MAITH AGAIBH

As a latin teacher I'm going to have to say
No

I don't know yet, but I have some experience in learning languages (most were failed attempts, but still). Be kind and continue spreading the idea of reviving Latin while I take some preparations...

Greek is perfectly fine and not a dead language

Latin survived for nearly 2 thousand years as a second language nobody grew up with, it died because plebs started becoming educated en masse

Come on, Medieval Latin was already "spoiled" in terms of deviating from the Roman standard. People almost replicated their native languages in Latin manuscripts. And that is sorta cool.

>amerifat education

Ever heard of Romanic languages? It didn't die, it evolved.

First, make a clear writing and its pronunciation, man. It seems, Irish is difficult to read.

koine is fucking dead and buried

Romance* language you plumber

I heard you have 3 different dialects.. And that Irish phonology bears some similarities with Russian

Only if you consider modern Russian spoiled because it's not medieval Russian m8

>koine is fucking dead and buried
its not dead, at all, just slowly and organically evolved through the millennia, and surprisingly less than other languages over such periods if I may add.

I'm not talking about Vulgar Latin, but Medieval Latin, used in manuscripts. I have some information that it deviated from Classical Latin and is more simplified. Just in case if you're afraid that mass use of Latin would "spoil" the language.

yeah, evolved into Byzantine Greek

guess what happened to Constantinopolis

>Constantinopolis
we're going to liberate it at some point
axaxa trust me

>english
>too globalized and leftist
>russian poster
Who would have guessed

bh is Sup Forums
bhf is Sup Forums
mh is Sup Forums
v is Sup Forums

sh is /h/
th is /h/

á, ái, eá and eái are all the same sound
aí, aío, í, ío, oí, oío, uí, uío are all the same sound

Who romanised this shit?

I heard that there are deep reasons for that bizarre orthography: they have three main dialects, and the pronunciation of each dialect can be inferred from the single orthography

>Mexican
>French
>Brazilian
>Romanian
Latin evolved into shit.

>mexican and brazilian language
american education, folks

>brazilian

You seem to be confusing nations and their languages with states.

To further inform you on the evolution of greek, here's an example, the first sentences from the new testament, and my translation in today's greek.

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, kαὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος. οὗτος ἦν ἐν ἀρχῇ πρὸς τὸν θεόν. πάντα δι᾽ αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο, kαὶ χωρὶς αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο οὐδὲ ἕν. ὃ γέγονεν. ἐν αὐτῷ ζωὴ ἦν, kαὶ ἡ ζωὴ ἦν τὸ φῶς τῶν ἀνθρώπων. kαὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σkοτίᾳ φαίνει, kαὶ ἡ σkοτία αὐτὸ οὐ kατέλαβεν.

Στην αρχή είναι ο λόγος, kαι ο λόγος ήταν προς τον θεό, kαι θεός ήταν ο λόγος, αυτός ήταν στην αρχή προς τον θεό. τα πάντα δι' αυτού εγένετο, kαι χωρίς αυτόν ουδέν έγινε, όσων έγιναν. μέσα σ'αυτόν ήταν ζωή, kαι η ζωή ήταν το φως των ανθρώπων. kαι το φως εντός στο σkοτάδι φέγγει kαι το σkοτάδι δεν το kατέλαβε

Suffice to say that the similarities are stunning, passage is almost perfectly understood still and if you spoke like that in greece today they'd just think of you as a stuck up old fart but still understand you.
This is millennia of evolution I should remind you

Thanks. I guess, that's because Irish phonetics has strongly changed from the time when Irish acquired its writing form. English is a good example.

>this will be blown up by isis
youtube.com/watch?v=1g7TrcIlpMk

now consider pronunciation

spelling rarely differs as much as pronunciation does, cardinal examples are English, French or even Polish to some extent

>Revive latin
Nah, look what happened last time Latin was a language. The normie poor people turned it in to plebspeek aka the Romance languages.

the change in pronounciation occurred largely while koine greek was spoken, in the beginning it was much closer to classical, in the end much closer to todays.
As I said, organically. Nothing died was forced or buried.

it was the monks who done it innit

Don't know why people sperge over the use of consonant+'h' in Irish when English has very similar digraphs. In Irish they represent lenition of the consonant. That used to be represented by a dot over the consonant instead but the lack of accomodation for this on typewriters made this difficult so they changed it. I wish it would be changed back because it's a bit excessive and computers can handle the characters.

'bhf' is an example of an initial consonant mutation called the eclipsis. The first consonant of the word is modified under certain grammatical conditions. Irish represents this by placing the 'modified' by still writing the original consonant (so you can see the original word), but preceding it with the new consonant 'bh'.

e.g. fuil -> "an bhfuil", the f is not pronounced in the latter form.

Only in daily speech.. Written Latin remained the same language, with a slightly more simplified syntax and grammar

>Greek is perfectly fine

1. Modern Greek is artificial, Greek nationalists in the 19th century excised Turkish and Albanian words that made up half the Greek vocabulary and replaced them with stilted Greek neologisms

2. Only non-Whites speak modern Greek

>italian: language of music
>french: language of love
>spanish: language of conquest

quid picardia!

sublime

>Irish represents this by placing the 'modified' by still writing the original consonant
I think I had a stroke

I like Esperanto better.

Latin is shit 2bh.

English is a retarded tribal Anglo-Saxon language. I rather have a historical, ancient, and scientific language like Latin or Sanskrit

I don't know much about Latin but English is definitely a stupid fucking language.

An Irish that actually speaks Irish. I'm impressed

>deviated
>simplified

Happened to every language, my point stands.

Noli dubitare, amicum meum. Feminas coes, ergo es. Pax vobiscum! Et quod bonum, faustum, felix fortunatumque! Bene vertat! Vive valeque!

This is horrible

Feminas coes

ayyum lmaos

Scribere latine potesne?
Invidus sum, ufs (ut fidelis sim).

Yeah no shit cause its your mother tongue. English is primitive and totally boring language

>Russki wants to be part of Europe
Hahaha yarak çük sik.

This is also horrible

Pls stop

Warum sollte es schrecklich sein?
Begründe.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

a bit rude lad

first time I see you posting from this flag, is israel the new infestation trend here after poland and finland?

ITT: People who resent English, but use it anyway.

I will only accept German as the inter-European language!

Laetum sum se aufero, amicum. Ayy.

Miehms

So what? Its universal world language. It sounds dead and like made for robots but is useful to know

But it was correct, and to be honest is essential when posting on Sup Forums.
Meanwhile, this seems wrong beyond saving.
>amicum

Even Muslims, Africans and Jews are part of Europe now.. Everybody can be European nowadays

Aww, man. I used nouns in neuter. But look at ANONYMOUS. It's neuter too :^)

No, you used amicus in accusative, but you should have used vocative instead.

Lingua latine wäre wohl ohne vorherige Erwähnung deinerseits besser

I agree

Ignore the faggot, there's so much wrong with everything you've written and the missing vocative is the least if your problems

>Lingua latine
Shouldn't it be latina?
Wegen der KNG-Kongruenz.
"latine" is an adverb.

You're right. My bad. Thanks for the correction, amicus!

>amicus!
As I said, vocative, dude.
Well, doesn't really matter in English I guess.

Everyone interested in Latin in this thread should check out the book "Lingua latina per se Illustrata". It's a book written in Latin, for learning Latin as if it were a natural language.

Tippfehler
Ich hab aber auch latina gelesen, wollte wohl sehen was ich im Kopf habe und dachte einfach du hättest das als ellipse weggelassen

English is a neutral language, almost everything is neutral, sometimes even too neutral.

>europe filling up with muslims
>adopt Latin
>Latin speaking muslims turn it into Italian again

Everyone who fluently speaks latin is a massive nerd and a faggot who has probably never seen pussy in his entire life

Seconded. Very much this. Only beginning with it, but can see it is brilliant, a labor of love.

la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_Latina_per_se_illustrata

English is the best language to emerge from the ashes of the ancient Germanic tribes

Dutch sounds like ass and German is autistic as fuck

Plus we have a tremendous vocabulary thanks to a French cucking on top of our traditional language along with literature achievements such as Shakespeare shaking things up, top tier efficiency in terms of word count and speaking speed, it can be beautiful to the ear e.g "cellar door", due to large vocabulary it lends itself well to literature for descriptions and music for rhymes, it doesn't sound like absolute ass like Chinese and Spanish when spoken fast, and, most importantly, everyone already speaks it.

There's plenty of Latin words already thrown in the mix too which give English a regal vibe without being autustically inefficient. Celestial for example. Inferno. What beautiful words

kill yourself plz

Oh yeah, here's the man's homepage.
lingualatina.dk/wp/

The link in Wikipedia was broken.

>English is the best language to emerge from the ashes of the ancient Germanic tribes
Do you speak another Germanic language fluently?
I guess not, otherwise you wouldn't claim this.
English is ugly as fuck.
It's inflexible and dumbed down.

in french with still use a fair amount of latin expressions in the language like casus belli, de facto, quiproquo or ex-nihilo

Its very flexible and can be very complicated, only american english is easy

>a lingua franca is "too globalized"
>a leftist language

>English is the best language to emerge from the ashes of the ancient Germanic tribes

>english
>germanic
You have no cases, no genders no aggregated words, no germanic pronunciation and half your vocabulary is litteraly french how can you claim to have a "germanic" language?

>it's ugly as fuck
I don't think so, as I illustrated in my post

>its dumbed down
Why does a language need to be intricate and overly complicated? What's the point of genders for example? This is just elitism, pure and simple.

>English is inflexible
You literally have Ebonics negroes butchering the language and it still makes sense.

Don't get my wrong, I actually like German, and French too. But the amount of hate that English gets on here, for all kinds of reasons, it's just asinine. It's one of the great languages of the world, no doubt. It must be jealousy.

What tutorials do you use to learn Latin?

Specifically what makes Latin so important are words like "specific", that come from scholastic and Aristotelian traditions.

It's funny to read stuff like TIbetan and Indian Buddhist logic translated into English, and it maps pretty neatly to the scholastitic conceptual machinery.

I mean, to learn the basis.

>Its very flexible
No.
It doesn't inflect nouns beyond numerus.
It lost it's cases, even the objective case of "who" ("whom") is dying out.
It doesn't inflect verbs in person (except for 3rd person singular simple present).
You can't put subject and objects anywhere you like without fucking up the meaning of the sentence.
For example:
The dog kills the man.
Canis necat virum.
In Latin you can put those three words anywhere you like without changing the meaning, because of the wondrous nature that are cases.
Virum necat canis.
Canis virum necat.
Virum Canis necat.

Now try this in English:
The man kills the dog.
As you see, you changed the meaning, and fucked the sentence.
inb4
>The man is killed by the dog.
This is passive voice, which is possible in Latin too, and as such Latin is even better and has even more ways to express something.
German and Icelandic too have cases. As such we can conclude they are superior to English.
>What's the point of genders for example?
When using relational pronouns, you know exactly what noun it is referring to.
>Ebonics negroes butchering the language and it still makes sense.
No, it doesn't generally makes sense and Ebonics is unintelligible to me and I believe to have a firm grasp on the English language.

English is definitely a Germanic language, most of the words have the same roots as Modern Germanic from the old Germanic tribes that emigrated here and we began evolving our own language.

>Half of English is French
French is not as prevalent in English as you think.

Besides, I don't mind the French words. Or the latin ones. Or the Greek influences. They have given this language a vibrant flavour and we have anglicized them anyway.

English is going to be around for the foreseeable future, and it deserves to be so.

Finnish is as hard to everyone, and nobody has grudges against finland :^)

you're a retard if you don't realize that french got fucked by the germanic languages to the same extent as english by romance

It starts really simple, if you're smart (we're all smart here) all you really need to learn from outside is pronunciation, that a vowel with a bar on top is pronounced long, a C always like K, and so on.

Like a bootstrapping process.

Really grasping at straws here mate, especially the bottom two responses.

spanish is the best language for lingua franca:

closest to latin
more reasonable than english pronunciations
2nd most spoken language
most beautiful language (not gay like french, not pretentious like italian) its just right

You can't disprove them, I presume.
I'm tired of writing the same text over and over and over and over and over again.
This is not the first time we had this thread after all.
And best of all, spanish has the most arabic influences. :^)