Can Chinese read Japanese texts? Can Japanese read Chinese texts?

Can Chinese read Japanese texts? Can Japanese read Chinese texts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHC3i6N9Wvk
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-H9XUarv8
brighthubeducation.com/learning-chinese/38403-nine-methods-of-simplifying-chinese-characters/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjitai
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course..

Chinese and Japanese is the equivalent of English and Spanish from my understanding.

A Japanese can probably understand a few Chinese characters, but I don't think a Chinese could understand Japanese characters.

肯定吗?

很肯定 日本汉字(和制汉字) 中国人一眼就看出来

Not really.

Chinese and Japanese are equivalent to English and Arabic. Chinese and Japanese are not even the same family of languages. English and Spanish are at least related to indo-european languages.

The thing is that their languages are pictographic, meaning that when they look at a character, they grasp a concept, instead of Spanish and English, where by looking at a character you only grasp a basic sound.

Though Chinese language might have influenced the development of Japanese language over time.

現在之中国汉字大概日本的汉字

youtube.com/watch?v=aHC3i6N9Wvk

手紙

我在Sup Forums从来没遇过内地的中国用户。

I currently have almost zero knowledge on Chinese but I'm pretty confident If I was given 2 weeks to learn Chinese I would easily master it to the level where I would have little difficulty traveling across China alone, at least its grammar and Hanzi vocabulary.
I guess many Japanese not just me are feeling the same.

我不話中国語

>Chinese and Japanese are equivalent to English and Arabic. Chinese and Japanese are not even the same family of languages.
(Citation needed)

I know you have no citation because I study language.
t. Linguist

predictable but no in most cases. but both were already able to talk to each other with paper and chinese characters/kanjis 2000 years ago

if you know chinese and katakana you can literally read japanese, half is stolen chinese words the other half is stolen english words

I was at a hotel in japan and was amazed how much I could read just sounding out the kana and realizing it's japified english, p. fun.

You can learn it in an afternoon

>stolen
pls Chang

and too many modern chink words have been "stolen" from japanese according to your rhetoric, e.g their country name

Traditional Chinese and (traditional) Japanese Kanji share enormous similarities.

I've seen some of the educated Japanese here understand most of the Chinese characters (Kanji) written.

>stolen

Not him.

In no way were they stolen, but a lot of written Japanese is Chinese loanwords.

Spoken Japanese shares far fewer similarities with Mandarin/Cantonese than with traditional Chinese written language.

Also
>their country name
(Citation needed)

擦!擦!擦!

> cant read chink alphabet
ching chong ming wang

Simplified Chinese characters are retarded.

There is some consistency on these though so they both could be able to understand each other with a bit of practice.

are you drunken?

He's right, and don't claim to be a linguist if you don't even know that.

I think he's referring to the name of the PRC. I'm not sure about renmin, and Zhonghua is certainly native Chinese, but gongheguo (republic) was a 19th century Japanese coinage (a Chinese word made in Japan, just like a lot of Greek words were made in Britain) to translate the European concept.

They got a point though, Japanese script and Chinese scripts are in the same script family.
That's fair enough 2bh

Languages near each other tend to borrow wards.
Look at western Europe. It's a clusterfuck of latin and germanic languages borrowing from each other. French and English are prime examples.

yeah and Europeans use the world xocolatl straight from the Nauhatl language, I'm sure we should be able to comprehend simple texts written in Nauhatl

bash your head against something and don't soil linguists' reputation

>話
Haven't learned 说 yet, Hiro?

你们好

Hangul is the best writing system invented.

我日本人
我望旅行露西亜

yes and this "stolen" arguments are ludicrous. it had been always in a mutual effect. i just made fun of his argument of that.

koreans are more influenced by japanese though, whereas japan doesnt care. they still have imported a certain number of words from japan.

>2016
>not knowing how to read hanja
Look at this pleb

>露西亜
中国語でロシヤは《俄罗斯》です。

hangul is retarded
they must update because it doesn't represent nowadays korean language nor pronunciation.

latin is the best writing system ever invented

>he's right
(Citation needed)

Arabic and English don't even share a written script. Japanese and Chinese do.

Now go fucking off yourself.

Are you literate?

>Simplified Chinese characters are retarded.

Is "more efficient and easier to learn" equal to "retarded" on Sup Forums?

Okay? So 1/3 of the name is a Japanese creation. How is that meaningful?

IIRC Japan's name in Europe "Japan" and further back "Cipongo" is a Chinese creation.

?

Europeans do? We don't use that word here.

No it is not.

I agree. You could tell from his post that he was a Sup Forumstard or underage.

There's no "stealing" language. Japan and China and Korea have a lot of linguistic connections. All "stole" from each other.

> "more efficient and easier to learn"
Actually it's somewhat similar to Newspeak.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-H9XUarv8

>Europeans do? We don't use that word here.
I'd say Americans use it a lot more than people with a normal BMI.
Simplified characters are ugly, and in the end well-educated Chinese still learn both character sets.
>removing radicals from character limits free thought
wew

Simplified Chinese characters are 40% more information efficient than traditional Chinese characters (as a writing system).

Mandarin's efficiency is harder to determine, but its decreased number of tones and fewer colloquialisms make it 10-20% more efficient than Cantonese/Wenzhounese/Fujianese.

I am using "information density" to rank the languages "efficiency". You can agree or disagree with this, but I believe it is the most objective way to determine the efficiency of languages.

>Simplified characters are ugly
>my subjective opinion determines that Simplified characters are objectively ugly

>"more efficient and easier to learn"
they have little to no sense, it's like a rushed propaganda like "we worry about the people and let them write easier characters" most of them have obscure etymologies and seem to be "randomly simplified"

>removing some radicals from the characters limits free thought

Is this bait?

Oh wait
>"China uncensored" on youtube
Yep. The guy who doesn't even know how to read Chinese or speak any Chinese can determine how language "limits free thought."

>they have little to no sense

I can tell that you do not know Chinese.
To end a pointless shitposting battle with an ignorant user, I'll instead post the facts.

>Simplified Chinese characters may be referred to by their official name above or colloquially (简体字) Strictly, the latter refers to simplifications of character "structure" or "body", character forms that have existed for thousands of years alongside regular, more complicated forms. On the other hand, the official name refers to the modern systematically simplified character set, that (as stated by Mao Zedong in 1952) includes not only structural simplification but also substantial reduction in the total number of standardized Chinese characters.[3]

>Simplified character forms were created by decreasing the number of strokes and simplifying the forms of a sizable proportion of traditional Chinese characters. Some simplifications were based on popular cursive forms embodying graphic or phonetic simplifications of the traditional forms. Some characters were simplified by applying regular rules, for example, by replacing all occurrences of a certain component with a simplified version of the component. Variant characters with the same pronunciation and identical meaning were reduced to a single standardized character, usually the simplest amongst all variants in form. Finally, many characters were left untouched by simplification, and are thus identical between the traditional and simplified Chinese orthographies.

>Some simplified characters are very dissimilar to and unpredictably different from traditional characters, especially in those where a component is replaced by an arbitrary simple symbol.[4] This often leads opponents not well-versed in the method of simplification to conclude that the 'overall process' of character simplification is also arbitrary.[5][original research?] In reality, the methods and rules of simplification are few and internally consistent.[6]

>>Some simplified characters are very dissimilar to and unpredictably different from traditional characters, especially in those where a component is replaced by an arbitrary simple symbol.[4] This often leads opponents not well-versed in the method of simplification to conclude that the 'overall process' of character simplification is also arbitrary.[5][original research?] In reality, the methods and rules of simplification are few and internally consistent.[6]

What are those methods then?

是 我会講中文。
六四天安門 我愛中国共産党 愛国無罪造反有理

Google is your amigo

brighthubeducation.com/learning-chinese/38403-nine-methods-of-simplifying-chinese-characters/

Also, if you are criticizing simplified Chinese then will you criticize Japanese?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjitai

This system bothers Nips to this day.

Simplified chinese characters are fucking disgusting