Mars

What will happen here once we colonize it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator
youtube.com/watch?v=qTms5jpsfP8
youtube.com/watch?v=jTL_sJycQAA
youtube.com/watch?v=TRL7o2kPqw0
youtube.com/watch?v=yB4GnuNxL2w
youtube.com/watch?v=fkDZhLitsNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They'll import Muslims and then they'll flip their shit when they don't know which direction to pray.

we will then try to colonize another planet

We won't. It's basically a dead planet. Fixing it a little bit would take tons of resources and it'd go away really fast.
Unless you wanna die from cancer or suffocation or dehydration...

It will be a small colony for scientists and maybe a few mining colonies. Mars will never have cities.

%100 obesity rate in mars

>Unless you wanna die from cancer or suffocation or dehydration...
That's why you bring air and water then stay indoors.

>Mars will never have cities.
Why do you say that?

>That's why you bring air and water then stay indoors.
Americans, ladies and gentlemen.

Right.

It would be easier and more useful to colonize Antarctica.

this, space exploration and colonization is a meme

we will sooner become immortal ais than to set foot to another planet to colonize it

there's really no point in it

we will sooner be able to build space stations and live around the solar system than to have use for a dead rock other than to mine it with robots

planetary colonization will never ever happen

it's all fiction

WE NEED TO BUILD A PIPE

What's the alternative?

>cars will never replace horses

Easier to live on a dead rock with a little atmosphere and mine solar system with robots. Gravity wells are pretty comfy desu

It could happen if we ever make it to another star and ofcourse said planet have very favorable conditions.

More likely to happen within the solar system. Exoplanets are too far away

maybe we'll eventually learn how to convert various atoms into water molecules cheaply with a more advanced form of nuclear power

To take care of our own planet and try to figure out how to evacuate this place (with a space station) before the sun gets big enough to "eat us".

This:

Cancer happens. Or mole people.

Earth has a literal shitload of iron in it and is basically a giant magnet, so we're protected from solar radiation. Also, continental drift and hot planet core, yo. Mars does not have nearly enough iron and it's core is dormant. We're better off colonizing the bottom of the ocean.

Unless you wanna live indoors or underground all your life, there's no hood solution.

I thought Mars was red because it had so much iron

>tfw Mexicans sneak through it

No it won't happen here because Earth is too close. The only time it would be reasonable to establish a huge selfsustaining colony would be if Earth is very very far away or completely destroyed.

magents are small enough to carry on your person tho

>multitasking

What about for doing strange research that can benefit people on Earth? I'm sure different environments could help spawn innovations.

Iron oxides on the surface. No spinning iron core though

>The only time it would be reasonable to establish a huge selfsustaining colony would be if Earth is very very far away
Humans won't be leaving the solar system anytime soon. Mars is the best option for human colonization.

>completely destroyed.
Not at all likely. Might get really fucked up but certainly not destroyed

Sprinkles on the surface. But the core? Small and unimpressive. Actually, Earth has so much iron in it, that it's a bit of a freak in the solar system. Probably 'cause during the final days of forming another half baked planet crashed into us and doubled the amount. Also if I'm not mistaken, the space ejected rocks and remains from the collision formed the moon, explaining why it's rocks are so similar to Earth's rocks.

>tfw no space age molecular assembler

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator
I think this will explain you.

we will split for 3 teams and will fight for energy and nanites there

What are the teams?

>ywn live long enough to convert your shit into morphine

am I reading a Douglass Adams novel in the form of a wikipedia article

>Mars is the best option for human colonization.
Mars is a basically a dead a planet and when the sun gets bigger, it'd have the same problem as us here.

With the technology we have or will have in the next couple hundred years it's out best option. We aren't going to find a way to jet off to some far away star system in the near future.

forget there is no oxygen and die

republic, rebels and users of alien technologies

see

>it's out best option.
Mars will have the same fate as us: get engulfed by the Sun or get too close to be toasted by it.
We'd be just spending limited resources that we could be using to build something else.

That's about some elevator not me

Ha

Just orbit it with a space station colony and then send robots down to gather resources

Like what? Olympic stadiums in third world countries?

Humans are better off living on a planet with gravity. Easier to mine asteroids with robots

>coal-fueled steamcars will never replace horse-drawn carriages

Also, I know that the sun expansion would take billions of years to happen, but still it'd be a really bad idea to leave a dead planet (Earth) to populate another one (Mars).

Rude. I don't know, m8.
We'll figure it out some day.

Mars doesn't have the same gravity as Earth does though. That's the only thing.

Why would anyone go there and bother with the harsh conditions when we can have automated and radio-controlled mining stations and even factories without people actually living where it'd be extremely hard to maintain habitable zones.

>Humans won't be leaving the solar system anytime soon
I know. What i'm saying is there won't be ANY large colony before we leave.

More importantly, when we get to the point of leaving the solar system we'll nothing like this.

Mortal, carbon-based life forms.

We can't even fathom at this point the needs and aspirations of a civilization so radically different from us.

Space colonization won't happen to humanity. We'll cease being humans long before we could conquer space and make use of other solar systems.

youtube.com/watch?v=qTms5jpsfP8
Doom ancient portals to hell, demons and robot cyberdemon. Mars is a planet of war.

A third of Earth's gravity is probably much healthier than microgravity in a space station. Also it doesn't make a lot of sense to mine stuff in a gravity well just to launch it into space. Asteroids are already floating around. No need for building rockets to launch rocks into orbit.

there are 2 things that can save this planet

1. colonization of other planets,current economical systems rely on infinite growth on finite materials and fabricated economy crises,colonization of other planets is the only way humanity can survive living like this generation

2. Total nuclear/chemical/biological war that kills off 90 % humanity and gives the ecosystem a new start.

>A third of Earth's gravity is probably much healthier than microgravity in a space station.
Astronauts have machines to exercise in the space stations. That's not really the problem.
The problem is the radiation and the kids that would grow up there (they would probably be born with a lot of health problems. Also, even with spacesuits, the level of radiation is still high enough to cause problems in a large period of time).
youtube.com/watch?v=jTL_sJycQAA (>inb4 hurr durr vsauce is shit)
youtube.com/watch?v=TRL7o2kPqw0 (try to find the part that he talks about the space station).

gravity is needed for organisms, but not for computers and consciousness in computers.

As long as humanity is in flesh form we can mine around and utilize the solar system with automated systems, no need to leave the planet we're living on.

And when we are ready to strike out, third of the gravity won't matter at all.

Space colonization with humans is the steamcar dream, the interstep in progress that'll never be realized.

We want Indepence and shit.
Literally more country.
Shouldn't colonize that place until the whole world become one (with probably a lot of genocide).

2. Total nuclear/chemical/biological war that kills off 90 % humanity and gives the ecosystem a new start.
No ecosystem after that, because of cracking Earth in little pieces. Modern nukes can kill the planet.

>Shouldn't colonize that place until the whole world become one
Agreed, but that'll never happen.

Yes, and Mars doesn't have a magnetic field to keep out the radiation either.

Earth was the cradle and will be the grave of humanity. We'll be reborn as something else before we'll finally leave it behind.

>Astronauts have machines to exercise in the space stations. That's not really the problem.
Astronauts have machines to exercise in the space stations. That's not really the problem.

But it is. Exercise might help prevent muscle atrophy but it doesn't prevent bone density loss in microgravity

>Modern nukes can kill the planet.

Not really. But it's theoretically possible to build a nuke that could destroy a planet, though.

Have you not seen the plans we have in store for colonization of mars?

>Not really. But it's theoretically possible to build a nuke that could destroy a planet, though.
Already builded.

>Total nuclear/chemical/biological war that kills off 90 % humanity
I agree with your first point but this would just leave us in a worse situation.

I'd rather live locked up in a bubble on Mars than here on Earth where I know Brazilians also live.

youtube.com/watch?v=yB4GnuNxL2w
Teleport

We were born to survive in an environment with the Earth's gravity. We'd be screwed in Mars too.

Probably but still it'd be much better than a space station

We evolved*

Nuclear.
One country goes to Space, nuke the rest.
Maybe cruel, but it will help a more stable future for humanity.
Or one country wins a deadly war and rule the people with an iron fist but implying anyone dare to do that.

Which country goes to space?

>Already

Could you post an evidience? Such object would've had a giant size, it's impossible to hide construction of such a device from the rest of the world.

>builded

Oh, i see. No proofs needed, just have nice summer holidays, schoolboy.

better be careful, don't want to piss him off, he could be some sort of russian nuclear boy scout

Literally, you.
And your country should do that and let those low DNA stay.
And if you somehow become the only one do that, nuke China first and then Nuke us.

We should just colonize Africa. Many profits will be had.

I'd rather stay here, where at least we have a magnetic field, normal gravity and some knowledge about the environment than a planet that we know nothing about and is as dead as ours (or maybe more).

>A lot of ameriburgers or poor russians in the space of future.
youtube.com/watch?v=fkDZhLitsNg
Dune the battle for Arrakis theme.

You guys already tried that.

Interplanetary shitposting

>Back to >>>/erf/

Well, Mars does have ice, and lots of it of recent findings are to be believed.

So you just use that for water, and do some electrolysis to get oxygen.

Maybe do some gardening to convert some of the Carbon Dioxide into Oxygen with the power of plants.

Combine a few Tsar bombs and Tridens all together in the ocean rift. Boom! And no more Earth.

And it was a succes. Although this time I'd clean up the because human capital is becoming less valuable.

It needs to be in the core, and more importantly the core needs to be active. Earth's core is spinning around like a giant sea of iron while Mars's is dead.

*clean up the wildlife

What if nuked core of the Mars.

>poor russians in the space of future
russia is great at space stuff. take mir for example

That's not how plate tectonics work.

You'd at best trigger an earthquake.

the moon will certainly be colonized. its just a 3 day trip after all

only problem is the fine sand. the moon should be glassed so the surface becomes less dirt and more porcelain

Space race again.
>Convert some of the Carbon Dioxide
Mar's Air very low though.
Also you need Carbon Dioxide to make it warmer.
You can find better source of C and O in the surface.

And massive volcanic eruptions and Big tsunamis.

there's carbon dioxide frozen on Mars' surface. Melt that and release it into atmosphere?

I fucking hope they take volunteers
I want out of here

why would i want to be one with rabid monkeys? or faty fuck burgers?

fuck off. how its gonna happen: a few private companies will fund their enterprises in outerspace, there will be competition for resources and intergalctic conflicts. these will cede from earth obligations and start their own sovereign "space states" in order to be able to attack each other

humanity will neve rbe united. its a libtard fag meme. countries will split up even more: there will be city states, space states and seasteading colonies. people dont want to be ruled by big governments.

>tsunamis
Perhaps tsunami but most of the energy would end up boiling off the water. Interesting to see if there'd be an effect on the weather

Yes, melt it will easier than wait some plant.
Bombard Mars maybe help.

The Earth would still be there.

Nah man, without an electromagnetic field the atmosphere would just boil off into space.

Slowly, but fast enough to be a problem for us.

>humanity will neve rbe united
I could see it happening in the distant future when we are basically immortal gods or something

>electromagnetic field the atmosphere would just boil off into space
wut?

>Slowly, but fast enough to be a problem for us.
Mars' atmosphere outgassing would take centuries. It happens but just over a very long time.