Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDb303T-B1w
youtube.com/watch?v=vMcaRMSjk70
youtube.com/watch?v=jAzoc9wijm0
youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M
powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/10/moscow-1963.php
youtube.com/watch?v=xMn4qiaSsew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

India will be a super power by 1980, get ready white servant.

some of you are ok. Don't go to Dallas tomorrow.

>tfw 175cm masterrace

How's it feel down there, manlets?

Back in 1963 LSD was still legal

Why isnt Franco dead yet?
Fuck..

Kennedy won't stand a chance next year. Looks like Goldwater's our next president.

I just got back from demolition project of local church. the priest was sent off to pick potatoes on kholkoz for being social parasite. I hope Khrushchev stays in power another 20 years and finishes off retards.

OOGA OO OO ME MAKE FIRE OOGA OO ME BUILD STONE TOOLS OOGA BOOGA OO OO ROOGA

MLK a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=EDb303T-B1w

Darn it I'm starting to feel like we shouldn't be so dictated by communism. The people should have more freedom and be allowed to be happy. I sure hope this new dream of mine isn't going to be pushed back by powerful people who think otherwise in 5 years.

>Nobody's gonna beat Kennedy in '64, not with all the money in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=vMcaRMSjk70

Haha look at all those spics having dictatorships, glad i'm living in a democracy.

>Haha look at all those spics having dictatorships, glad i'm living in a democracy.
THIS

What happens here?

nothing for about 15 years

youtube.com/watch?v=jAzoc9wijm0

We have already mastered putting dog and man into space. now for hardest assignment. putting girl in space.

>british music

what a dumb name for a superhero team. I bet it won't last a year.

>wanting to suck capitalist dick
>1963

>tfw vodka is fucking expensive in finland
>tfw estonia won't be invented for 30 more years
h-hold me

It would have been easier to send pic related back to space, and say that you sent two lesbian women.

What's this flag guys?

Must. Kill. Roy. Orbison.

We need better spacecraft. The Russkies have had guys up there a couple of days and we've only managed one whole day so far and the thing almost fell apart up there. Luckily Gordo guided it to a landing tighter than (RIP) Marilyn Monroe's ass.

Fuck off Britbongs, we want our country back, we're better off without you

Actually Tereskhova was pretty terrible cosmonaut. she panicked a bunch of times and didn't follow flight plan properly. that's why we didn't fly any more bitches for 20 years. pointless mission except to get propaganda points on Americans.

There are a lot of adjectives for Marilyn Monroe's butthole, but "tight" is not among them.

youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M

haha guys i really hope nobody shoots the president haha i don't know it will actually happen because it's 1963 :^)

Since it's been a year since she kicked it, I'd go with "necrosed".

powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/10/moscow-1963.php

This recounts a rare visit by Americans to Vodkaland. Apparently they found it pretty creepy being watched constantly and people giving you odd looks for being a foreigner.

Don't go down to Dallas.

I think I'll join the army. We're not at war or anything so they'll probably just send me to Germany.

Grim.

who's excited about the World's Fair next year?

why do capitalists like to exploit women by printing magazines of them naked? our women work hard to build the motherland. it would be dark day if people here ever exploited women for their naked bodies.

Great, this is back when they didn't show puss.

Boooooring.

To be honest the ones on the left do not even look bad and the whole neighbourhood is clearly under construction. Very few people would live in them in 1963 and people would actually want to live there, a wooden cottage in the sticks might be nice and romantic, but commieblocks have piped drinking water, toilets, electricity and central heating.

just heard some weird british music, highly doubt it'll catch on in the US

When they're nice and new, not so much in 20 years when they're completely dilapidated and the concrete chewed up by acid rain. Czechoslovakia at the end of the communist era was a wreck.

Lol completely dilapidated, I grew up in a nonreconstructed commieblock in the 90s and it was cosy inside, the outside not being that pretty has little to no impact on habitability. And every communist country was a wreck in the late 80s, Czechoslovakia being less of a wreck than most, less than all except perhaps East Germany.

Anyways that neighbourhood in-construction looks very modern for 1963. If it were not for the car and the clothing I might think it is a commieblock undergoing refurbishing.

lmao

There's at least two pre-WWII cars in the pic.

BTW I am moving soon into a Dubček era (1968) unreconstructed flat, and it is ugly as fuck from the outside, grey but not too dilapidated, no cracking but very big and thick walled from the inside. These 60s flats are nice, it is the later ones that are not that good (but normal people live in them, it is not a "lower class" thing).

Living standards in the communist bloc peaked in the 60s and it was all downhill from there. By the 70s-80s, everything was falling apart and substance abuse was becoming an epidemic among the population. It all followed Brezhnev's "Let's run everything on autopilot" approach.

Apparently this is the Cerveny Vrch area of Prague.

What is your source? From what I hear, the 80s were not especially bad, at least not for Czechoslovakia. I mean comparatively. Compare 1989 CSSR to 1989 USSR, it was a paradise. This was because we did not borrow too much western money. Also, while Brezhnev dictated the general trend, Husák run this place.

As for substance abuse, I know practically nobody used illegal drugs. Alcohol use was a problem but was a problem since hundreds of years and still is, even among upper middle class people (speaking from experience with my family).

Also, consumer goods production actually increased in the 70s and families were given good incentives to have kids, generous loans etc. That is why there is a whole generation of kids called Husákove deti. You have to also consider Slovakia was still being industrialized, so my folks probably had a more positive experience, in Czechia, the ceiling of planned economy was hit much earlier.

kekkonen.

dude im so high rn lmao

And this is the same street today.

Same commieblocks, just finished, and renovated a bit.

Btw 60s commieblocks are hidden treasure DESU, when I saw that flat from the outside I was like "I am not going to live here, no fucking way", when I went inside, I heard no noise despite it being near central Bratislava, roomy, thick walls, and a nice antikvariát (used books store) in the subterran floor.

Yes it probably was different in Slovakia than Czechia because everything I've read paints the 80s as a very dark time.

>everything in a state of paralysis with economic activity nearly at a standstill
>CPC leadership being a bunch of old men who believed in rigid Stalinism without any desire to break from the status quo
>environment a mess with acid rain and smog everywhere
>young people increasingly addicted to substances
>manufactured goods are garbage and most have to be junked for being unsellable
>nonstop harassment of religious and dissident groups like Charter 77

Well I can compare youth of my grandfather vs my dad:

My granddad (born in 1936):
- mudbrick, damp house with mud floor
- agricultural work from early age
- doing homework by candlelight
- poor diet and housing at dormitory in high school
- barefoot, no running water at home, many duties from early age, relatives who died in childhood

My dad:
- a warm apartment with a shower, central heating and flush toilet
- did photography as hobby in his youth and said the local youth club provided many opportunities
- went to discos and fucked girls when he was in his 20s (so 1980s)
- encountered computers, through 8 bit and not at home

A lot of what you wrote was true, but Slovakia before the industrialization of 1950-1970s was basically 19th century. And substances? I know about the heroin epidemic in the 1990s, but nobody used or even could get illegal drugs in communist time. Worst was some youths huffing a cleaning product and that was something only the lowest tier junkies did. Normal people just drank and smoked, as always. I think Western literature overdramatises the time. Through, Czechia invented illegal pervitin (meth) so some people probably used that, still, a small group of people compared to 1990s.

As for goods, a lot of them were junked, but plenty of folks had a 1980s TV as late as 2005. We had a record player from early 1980s until like 2000, no CD player, worked like clockwork. These products were often obsolete before being sold but junk? I would not exactly say so. Same for "apartments eaten with acid rain", my hometown has some unreconstructed commieblocks from the 80s still. They are not pretty, but people live in them, normal people.

FUCKING NORTH VIETNAMESE

GET THE FUCK OUT OF SOUTH VIETNAM

>unironically going to flushing
I hate the mets baka they'll never replace the dodgers

Kennedy is pulling the troops out by Christmas, fucking communist

>Kennedy is pulling the troops out by Christmas, fucking communist
NOT WHILE THERE ARE COMMUNISTS LEFT ALIVE FUCK

Also, the old man running the country did not actually believe in rigid Stalinism. Also, "neo-Stalinism" of the 1968-1989 years was like beer compared to cleaning grade alcohol compared to real 1950s Stalinism. In the 1980s, going against the goverment would bar your kids from going to college or fire you from work and make you a janitor or something, in the 1950s, same thing might have ended up in a labour camp or worse.

By the not believing in Stalinism I mean, even the policians knew it was shit, but nobody wanted tanks again. There were some true Stalinists like Vasil Biľak, but they were not running the country.

I fucking love cheap gas for my powerful V8

>UK
>Economy is on a downward slope
>Cant develop their own nuclear technology
>Is spoonfed by the US

>France
>The state is making money and there is close to no unemployement
>Actually develop its own civil and military nuclear tech and wasnt gifted it by the Americans
>Is creating a European trade deal to get away from an American hegemony

Are they even trying?

Why the fuck is DeGaulle playing himself off as the third pillar of NATO? He's a dick who needs us more than we need him.

How so? Our production of nuclear warhead is growing and growing while your clear refusal to make NATO a council like organisation is just angering many other European countries including us. What's stopping us from developping a French cooperation with those countries where they will have a say in the matter discussed ? And if we did you'd have to empty all those bases on our territory.

Just got back from another day at the auto plant. Evenings in Detroit are so peaceful.

>And if we did you'd have to empty all those bases on our territory.
Including the cemeteries?

(Great quote pêh)

who supports Rockwell here?

youtube.com/watch?v=xMn4qiaSsew

Independence never felt so good.

Surely the French will hand Djibouti back to us, and we can reunite the Somali Realm.

Do you guys think Somalia will still be the major power in eastern Africa in the 2000's?? Clanism is dead, so we won't have to worry about that.