In a bus

>in a bus
>the plebs around me don't even imagine that I engage in intellectual discussions with people from all around the world right now

I haven't had an intellectual discussion on this board in years

post bus

Let's have one then. Who's your favourite writer? Mine is Dostoevsky, he's intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.

I don't read

I like David Foster Wallace, only problem is I've never read him

Intelligent , nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

Kierkegaard 2bh

Thinking about embracing Christian existentialism

I like books with pictures in them

I like him very much, but sometimes I prefer Gogol.

Speaking of his sense of humour btw, his funniest, most witty novella was imho "Uncle's dream" (Дядюшкин coн)

>Dostoevsky
>nihilistic
Mine is unironically Stirner

I am looking at your screen right now.

This.
He was "fighting" nihilism.
I like Kafka. Nothing like it imo.
Apparently Gogol has some similarities, but I haven't read him yet.

>He was "fighting" nihilism.
maybe he was referring to his earlier work

>Dostoevsky
Overrated af. He couldn't write for shit, his books are 80% bullshit when he repeats the same thought over and over again slightly rephrasing it.
I pity those who wasted their precious time on his creations.

Gogol is fucking great, well, I am fond of him anyway. I started out with his Arabeski short tales collection (reprinted as Peterburg tales), afterwards I read Dead Souls and Revizor.

Herman Hesse

I think that has to do with the effect of anxiety and paranoia he gives, depicting the psychological state of a criminal is what Dostoevsky is so well known for.
I've never seen anyone say otherwise, it's just a matter of time till I read Gogol.

Last time on the tramway the guy next to me was browsing /his/ at the same time as i was.
The niggah could have been the user replying to me in the very thread i wqs in. At some point he looked up and saw me take a peak at his screen so i smiled at him.
He just started sweating a lot and went to look for a seat.

I guess most anons are not comfortable near normies like me

Sitting on the toilet lads

Mine is Pilcher, she's ambitious, empathic and with a wicked sense of structure.
Kafka would have been my choice as well.
How he creates a sense of doom through dry language and and the absurd permeating the mundane is remarkable. You can get a lot from very little with him.
I also like Burroughs: total "degenerate" with a wealth of imagination. Though I wish he'd toned down the homosex :DD somewhat; tends to feel self-serving.
>Gogol
Huh, can't say I remember this name. Will put onto my shamefully static to-read-list.

Céline of course

JK Rowling is GOAT

Aluísio de Azevedo for Brazilian
Scott Fitzgerald for foreigner

Guys I've got this big rash on my arse. Do you reckon I should see a doctor?

Nice b8. Made me reply.

FACT: If your sorry ass finds it's way out of facebook to more obscurer sites on the internet you are above average intelligence

Baudelaire.

The point of Dostoevsky isn't about "good writing", just like Kafka.

George Martin

Feels pleb man

I read Brandon Sanderson.

Not sure I have a favourite writer, though.