Hey guys, what`s your attitude to the Slavic accent?How awful that sounds?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk
youtube.com/watch?v=LC3jXs_hg14
vocaroo.com/i/s0qkxZAXu2Pd
vocaroo.com/i/s0lxenB9sf7o
google.sk/search?q=vysoké tatry&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiEyseDm5fOAhVLcBoKHZS5BicQ_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=malá fatra&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIze6Jm5fOAhUGrxoKHRdRCR8Q_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=kremnica&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOlv6Qm5fOAhWHyRoKHeBwCRwQ_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=banská štiavnica&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjJs-KXm5fOAhXLXRoKHae8CFAQ_AUIBigB
youtube.com/watch?v=sif_8u2yD8k
vocaroo.com/i/s1v8UGWHkO41
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matagh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Armenian_earthquake
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's one of the better accents IMO. Sounds a bit menacing though

Its shit for anyone thats not slavaboo.
But its really handy when you are in western europe, just speak with thick russian accent and nobody bothers you

Not bad at all, sounds better than a faggot ass french accent

i agree with you , The French are fags and they speak like pigeons

As with any accent, it can be divided into 4 categories:
>Educated man
This is is top tier. It sounds confident and smart.
>Educated woman
This one is also really good. It sounds confident and smart as well, but with an air of sexiness around it.
>Lowlife man
Pretty bad, but also pretty funny. Sort of "bro-tier." Cyka blyat, Tovarish! Haha!
>Lowlife woman
>Much better than the lowlife man, but still not great. Only hand up on that one is that it's sexy sounding.

>mfw I put the last line in meme arrows by accident
oops

I like it. Reminds me of hardbass

>hardbass

When was it you guys actually started feeling sorry for Russians?
youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk

Д У Ш A
У
Ш
A

>tfw will never talk with trademark slav accent because speech impediment prevents me from pronouncing sharp R's
I feel like a disgusting frenchman

i think this a good instance of a lowlife man youtube.com/watch?v=LC3jXs_hg14

haha yes

Mazafaka bitch

>they speak like pigeons

Top kek

I think it sounds cool as long as its on tv or something. In real life, talking to someone with a slavic accent makes my right side tighten up because im expecting to get stabbed at any moment.

The fuck, he isn't even trying

Rate my natural accent:

vocaroo.com/i/s0qkxZAXu2Pd

Same in Slovak:
vocaroo.com/i/s0lxenB9sf7o

your women all sound like bond villains. in a good way though. dick hardening even with a relatively average looking russian girl.

and i honestly haven't worked with too many ruskie-bros in real life. lots of eastern euros though and i like the accent. the only thing that is kind of annoying is that sometimes they will mix up sentences so badly that i cannot understand what they are saying. but that is forgivable, as our languages syntax is polar opposite, and indeed, it is remarkable that they were even able to learn english at all (most of them learned through watching fucking cartoons/playing vidya).

french sounds pretty cool, i think. their swear words are all awesome. most of my experience with it has been in montreal though, so i would imagine it is quite different in france.

DESU I think there is no such thing as an universal "Slavic accent". Most people really mean Russian accent by that. People from different Slavic countries have different accents.

yeah but to the untrained ear it does come across as similar. we don't deal with as many slavs as you euros so it kind of just comes across as sounding generally "slavic". like, there are certain mispronunciations that almost all of you do, regardless of where you are from.

and you have to remember that the average american probably thinks all of your countries are just places in russia.

How does my accent sound to you? I am not saying I am accent free mind you, rather, I know I have an accent, but it is quite far from the "American movie Russian" accent, IMHO.

honestly i would not be able to tell. you have the slight hesitation that most non native speakers have but your diction is legitimately better than mine. i grew up in a farm town, and we slur everything together and rarely pronounce "t"s

but yeah, your english is very very good (from the small amount i heard). how long have you been speaking it?

Started learning it when I was 5, stopped at 6, then learned again since 10yo. Actively spoke first? Probably when I was 14, at lessons. I am 23yo now.

Also, how does Slovak sound to you?

Coolest accent

sounds almost like polish, but with less hissing noises.

btw my dad went to slovakia a couple months ago and showed me pictures of where he was hiking. breathtaking. i had no idea. would absolutely love to go there myself. honestly, eastern europe fascinates me, and now that western europe is becoming the middle east, it looks like i will be taking a vacation to one of your countries. what language should i try to learn to get the most mileage out there? does everyone still know a little russian, or is that not true anymore? i really don't like visiting places if i can't even speak a word to the people. kind of pointless imo

Older people do. I know a bit despite no formal study, but I am around Russian speakers a lot so it is from exposure. In Slovakia, use Slovak or Czech, but Russian will do with 35+ year old people. We are not really butthurt about Russia so do not worry about speaking it,

The hissing sounds in Polish is the main reason why Czech is fully intelligible to us while Polish only partially.

this is bs, Russian is pretty useless here, just stick with English

The best. Especially on chicas

Also, do not call it Eastern europe here. I am half Ukrainian so I am not offended, but it is true that geographically, it is more central, and culture is different from Eastern Slavic countries. For instance, Orthodoxy is not big in Slovakia. Also, the post-Warsaw Pact countries are doing a lot better than the post-USSR ones.

Slovakian mountains are beautiful, also, historical towns.

google.sk/search?q=vysoké tatry&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiEyseDm5fOAhVLcBoKHZS5BicQ_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=malá fatra&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIze6Jm5fOAhUGrxoKHRdRCR8Q_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=kremnica&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOlv6Qm5fOAhWHyRoKHeBwCRwQ_AUIBigB
google.sk/search?q=banská štiavnica&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjJs-KXm5fOAhXLXRoKHae8CFAQ_AUIBigB

Maybe for younger people, but older? Even most young people sound shit in English. They sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=sif_8u2yD8k

Stop overestimating English skill of the typical Slovak. Typical Slovak English is on the level of "Jés, jés, ví are veri vestern pípl, jes, kúl, jú ingliš, jés".

Try speaking English to some 65+ old babka in central Slovakia. With Russian at least it is similiar to guess the meaning.

>babka

I have studied russian, there are so many words that sound similiar but mean totally different thing, speaking only russian to slovak wont get you far. For speaking to old grandmas get slovak dictionary and just show them words.

Everyone knows basic English, people raised in ČSSR have shit tier Russian due to no practice+the teaching wasnt very good either

Also note he wants to visit some mountains and stuff, meaning he will probably encounter more rural, older folks who did learn Russian in school during communism. He is not going to Bratislava clubs. I know at least my father knows a lot more Russian than English, and most people his age (53 years) do not know English.

Middle aged people might have shit tier Russian, but literally nonexistent English. Get out of your bubble, no, people are not born with English in their brain as the default language.

The Slavic accent sounds strong and masculine. It doesn't sound intelligent like a posh-British accent, but it doesn't sound uneducated like a Latino-American accent either.

Women with Slavic accents sound very sexy and charismatic. However, Slavic accents make women sound less approachable, less friendly, less feminine, and less cute than women with more feminine accents.

95% of old people dont have Russian on conversational level, and if he wants directions or shit English is enough

>vocaroo.com/i/s0lxenB9sf7o
pretty good

Very cool.

I do not think 50+ year old people know even shit English through, I am saying this from experience.

hey thanks for the info, really.

and yeah, i guess it makes sense that you are central europe. the thing is in america, most of the ex-soviet states get kind of lumped together generally as "eastern europe" so i just called it that out of habit. always good to know how NOT to piss of the locals though, so thank you.

also, do you guys still make hockey pucks, or is that just the czechs?

>vocaroo.com/i/s0qkxZAXu2Pd

>hello Sup Forums
this part sounded somewhat forced and unnatural and self-conscious (or maybe you just didn't know what to say).

>how do you rate my accent?
this part sounded better, more natural, and less apologetic about not having an anglo accent.

overall, 8.5/10. You're perfectly intelligible. Unless you're an actor playing the role of an Anglo, there's no need to emulate Anglo accents after achieving intelligibility.

We are eastern as fuck though, expect to see people squatting and smoking 24/7 while drinking beer/vodka especially in villages/rural areas, it has it charm and i doubt you would see anything like that in USA, lot of villagers are stupid but good people

We are not really "ex-Soviet", we had puppet goverments, but always had nominal independance, we were not a part of the USSR. It would be like calling Cold War era Latin American puppet dictatorships (Pinochet, Somoza etc.) parts of the USA.

Anyways, I guess my dad speaks fluent Russian because he speaks with Russian speakers often in his daily life, but he never formally studied it outside of his youth. I am currently "self studying it" and I managed to have a decent conversation with an Ukrainian who is also fluent in Russian and Polish.

My granddad does not use Russian in daily life, but knew enough to strike a conversation with a Russian visiting Slovakia recently.

"
I have studied russian, there are so many words that sound similiar but mean totally different thing" - these words are very easily remembered and nobody thinks Poles want to fuck when they say "szukat" either, it is certainly a more familiar language than English, I think many fluent English second language speakers forget how just alien it is to Slavic speakers.

we are ex soviet in everything but name

The Sup Forums part was me thinking it sounded weird to say "hello Sup Forums", but I was not trying to imitate an Anglo accent at all, I am not ashamed of my roots.

I know I am intelligible, I was more asking about the aesthetic aspect, and what country would you guess for me if you did not know from the flag. Many Slovak people from other parts of Slovakia say I have a Hungarian accent, I am not Hungarian and do not know the language, but I live in south Slovakia surrounded by people who have heavy hungarian accent.

>He is not going to Bratislava clubs

i mean if i huck myself all the way over to slovakia, ill probably hang out in the cities too. but hopefully english will be enough with younger folks, as you all seem pretty good at it.

i hate clubs in america, but who is to say whether i hate slovakian clubs? gotta try everything, ya know?

and aside from dance clubs, do you guys have any cool clubs that host local music? like rock/punk music, or electronic music (ie not djs, but people actually playing the instruments)? i would love to hear some of that. i know poland has some cool bands, and i have played with a couple punk groups from there

Go visit Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia or Russia. Trust me, we are not, I have family there. Before you mention how the economy is bad, people in the part of Ukraine my aunt is from literally make 60 euro a month. An Ukrainian friend said the first time he drove to Slovakia he almost fell asleep from how smooth the ride on the roads was, and our roads suck, so you can imagine their roads.

vocaroo.com/i/s1v8UGWHkO41

And the poverty in Armenia was so bad, even my mom, who grew up in 1970s Ukraine, was shocked. Stop being typical Slovak hating your country, plenty of Serbs and Ukrainians are grateful even for the 500 euro/month they earn here, because it is 10x much than what they earned in their country.

*from an area of Ukraine where people literally make 60 euro a month

>like pigeons
Kek

we live better than them but we were under direct russian influence, they decided what happened to our country.

Yes but were you ever in an ex-Soviet country? They are usually Orthodox, everyone speaks relatively fluent Russian, mentallity is different. We were under political influence of USSR, but it did not really change our culture. Not to the culture they have. There is a BIG difference between V4 and east of V4. US also directly controlled puppet dictators, it does not mean Salvadoreans started driving SUVs and making apple pie.

Honestly Armenia seems so radically different from Slovakia they might as well be from another planet.

>it did not really change our culture

just because rest of ex-ussr is giant shithole doesnt change the fact we used to be part of it too

we were sovereign during ww2 too, reality was that we were axis puppet and all we did was on german order

For instance, a large part of Ukraine, even the elite, does not even know Ukrainian and I mean even the ethnic Ukrainians. If we were as "ex-Soviet" as Ukraine, we would speak Russian, and Slovak would be only spoken by peasants in the mountains and promoted by a national revival organization.

So you would say East Berlin was USSR too? Based on this logic, whole NATO and Cold War era Latin America was USA.

Be glad for puppet control, if we were actually in the USSR, there would be no Charta 77 or Prague Spring, everybody would be too afraid to even think such things. You realize Czechoslovakia/USSR border had the same electrified barbed border as Austria/Slovakia right?

Did you visit Armenia?

different poster. i have never been to armenia. poland is the only place ive been to around there

Technically I didn't, but I know several Armenians IRL, 1st gen immigrants, and it's something utterly different. It's more like post-communist version of the middle east with a weird archaic form of christianity, utterly foreign to V4 cunts. Their tribalism and nepotism is also on par with Jews.

none of that changes anything. We are ex-ussr country

also i dont know if ive ever seen a poster from armenia on here. is it really that bad? or are they all faggots that post on reddit?

DESU my family knows an Armenia, and my parents visited it and liked the people and the country. I like Ukraine and Armenia, hell, Ukraine is my other homeland. But they are genuinely poor countries, especially Armenia. Ukraine is not as poor as it seems on paper, even if still poor, because of grey economy and absolutely laughable GDP data, I do not think the GDP captures all the bribes we had to pay just to visit for example. But Armenia is extremely poor (through there is a lot of construction, some business and there is water and electricity, something that Slovaks take for granted and that was not available in the 90s for Armenians as it was so bad that people actually burned furniture to not freeze to death).

I was talking more about the cultural dissimilarities than economic ones though.

So Latin America is ex-USA. Hell, no small country is really sovereign if you mean REAL sovereignity. Semantics aside, even under communism, people here lived much better than anywhere in the USSR except perhaps the Baltics.

That is true. They are not Middle Eastern through, they are the first Christian country on Earth, they are proud of their heritage and culture (something us Slovaks often lack because we always compare ourselves to Swiss economic standards and desperately want to be seen as "modern" and "western") and their brandy is the stuff of gods. They are not exactly European but not durka durka suicide bomb female circumcision either.

It's actually because Ukrainian always was a "peasant language", while ukrainian cities were Russian or Polish speaking

By middle eastern I didn't mean muslim though, middle east was majority christian for centuries before the muslim conquests. Generally speaking Armenians are more culturally similar to Assyrians than they are to Slovaks or even Russians, excluding language.

>hohols
>nation

Never heard of rednecks or rural South USA?

My mom is a "hohol" so stfu please. Our "southern neighbours" say the same about us you know?

You've never been to West Virginia.

That is true and the Armenian language is actually not similiar to Slovak or Russian at all, through Indo-European, but rather unique, like Greek. They do speak Russian too, but they maintained their language.

Also, I live in a village and do not see that. Drinking and smoking? Of course, but in pubs sitting down, not squatting in front of houses lol.

Their church also still has animal sacrifices which is a very middle eastern trait.

He's just some shitposting teenage fucktard I think.

Wow, I did not know that. On which occasions?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matagh

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matagh
Oh, I see. Well, it is eaten and shared among families.

Btw, the language, compare:

Slovak: Všetci ľudia sa rodia slobodní a sebe rovní, čo sa týka ich dostôjnosti a práv. Sú obdarení rozumom a majú navzájom jednať v bratskom duchu.

Russian (transliterated): Vse ljudi roždajutsya svobodnymi i ravnymi v svoem dostoinstve i pravakh. Oni nadeleny razumom i sovest'ju i dolžny postupat' v otnošenii drug druga v dukhe bratstva.

Armenian (transliterated): Bolor mardik c'nvowm en azat ow havasar' irenc arjhanapatvowt'yamb ew iravownqnerov: Nranq o'jhtvac' en banakanowt'yamb ow xghtwov, ew partavor en mimyanc nkatmamb varvel eghbayrowt'yan ogov.

They also have an unique script made specially for that language.

I only mentioned language because Assyrian is Semitic while both Slovak and Armenian are Indo-European.

>so bad that people actually burned furniture to not freeze to death
thats fucking harsh

thats funny, all the nigs and fucktards who are on welfare and DSS drink and smoke right out front of their porches. the fucking balls on those guys, drinking and smoking for free on MY fucking money. right in front of me. and then they have the audacity to try and bum a smoke from me. useless cunts

Ofc people also smoke outside, but I do not know anyone who would smoke all day squatting outside. People work, welfare is not sufficient for anyone's normal lifestyle, apart from Gypsies who don't give a shit and are hated by everybody.

Armenia was still recovering from a huge earthquake in 1988 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Armenian_earthquake , so the Soviet collapse hit them when they were on their knees. They were not a very bad or very poor USSR republic, they had exceptionally shit luck.

>ČSSR
But with bottle of vodka langue tier was be high.

I only spoke English to a Slav once outside the internet and to be honest it felt very unnatural and makes the other person to feel more "foreign". I always used what little Russian I passively picked up from mom and dad + Slovak. It helps that Slovak is one of the most "central" Slavic languages, so it is like it has something from Polish, something from Serbocroatian, something from Russian etc.

The key is to not speak strict standard literary language, but to adjust the way you speak. You create a kind of "slavic esperanto" on the fly.

You sound drunk or retarted. No matter how many intelligent words you speak, your accent ruins it.

Ukrainians are made up nation with no historical background, polaks and russians in denial.
Magyars are correct that our country has no history, our nation however has, Hohols are just fairytale from 19th century.

>comparing rednecks to bydlos
sure, and turks are italians :DDdddd

i can not express with words how dumb you are, but seeing you are half russian it explains your retardation

What's the difference?

пaнимaeш. cтo яa пишyт? я aктивнe yчy пyccкий eзик 3 нeдeльe. нo я пaнимaю peлaтивнe хopoшo. пpeтoжe я cлышy pyccки eзик в мoём жизня. я лювльy вaш eзик a хoчy ca нo yчить. я хoпoшo знaю aнглицкий eзик нo яa aнгицкий eзик нeльyбльy. пoздpaвльaю з cлoвaкии!

xaxaxaxaxa

Bydlos make majority of our population

So Taras Shevchenko and Cossaks did not exist? Besides, Ukrainian differs a lot from Russian. Go kill yourself.

You included?

Do I write that bad? I do not think so for someone who actively started learning Russian (as opposed to hearing some conversations) like a month ago (especially considering Anglos consider it like, super hard, declensions, mane!)

But of course you are part of an enlightened minority, like every Slovak.