Your age

your age
where do you see yourself in five years?

with a qt gf and having children because i wanna have free money

Hopefully active duty officer in the military

ROTC is the only reason I'm going to college. Without it I just would've enlisted. Kind of hoping for a war too, which is a really shitty thing to hope for but still. I also hope I'll be married. Maybe own my own house.

kys jorge

I will most likely succumb to the voices in my head and lead the empire

I'd like to have enough money to pursue a few of my interests that I currently can't afford. Though realistically I'll probably just be doing the same or similar shit to what I am now only I'll be five years older.

IT Security Director/CIO for some company

>Hopefully I am not still unmarried and unloved though

I thought you were going to kill yourself in a few years you kept saying?

Change of plans?

>Married
Dude cut that part out and you'll be living the dream.

Selling my company and moving further North to the place my uncle left me for a simple life of Sup Forums and motorcycle/snowmobile rides till I die.

As an active duty enlisted person who will literally finish his 4 year contract in a week, dont fucking do it. It's absolutely not worth it. And being an officer is shitty too. Just shitty in different ways.
There is absolutely nothing worth dealing with the stupidity of soldiers or military life in general.
Joining was the single worst decision I ever made in my life. It set my life back four years, ruined my relationship with the girl I genuinely loved, and broke my body.
You will think back on this post years from now when you're sweating you ass of in Poland in a shitty tent on your third 6 month meaningless training rotation for NATO and think "goddamn, I should have listened to user".

That is all. Please proceed to follow your dreams and all that comes with it. My conscience is clean

Thanks man. But honestly I don't think anything could convince me not to. I mean nothing else seems worth doing. I would never forgive myself if I spent my entire life wishing I had, which I know I would if I didn't go down this path.

If that's how you feel and the you're committed to it, then don't half ass it and branch into some shitty POG ass job where you'll never actually experience the real army, since most officers are basically soldiers in name only. Officers are the softest pussies in the service who will rarely if ever do anything actually military related.
If you're doing it be an infantry officer and actually get your hands dirty and lead fucking soldiers. Shoot your rifle and do your job. Don't be some logistics asshole or maintenance douche who sits in an air conditioned office typing a PowerPoint presentation for a colonel whose dick you're sucking while your soldiers are sweating their asses off working.
Branch into infantry or if not then armor and and embrace the suck with them.

Thanks for the advice. Definitely want to work on the ground.

>ROTC
my nigga

You'll be alright, just remember no matter what, as an officer all your soldiers under you hate you and don't trust you or believe a word you'll tell them. It comes with the territory of you getting paid more to do less when the lowest ranking private can probably do your job better than you. That's just how the military is.
Please try your best to remember that and always do your best to change that. A decent officer is rarer than a unicorn

I see myself either dead, or living with my parent in their new house, while I waste all my money on booze and anime merch.

I truly hope that I'm dead in 5 years.
>inb4 r9k

Oh and I'm fucking 39.

>I truly hope that I'm dead in 5 years.
Why would you hope for it when you can literally make it happen right now

>Your age

>Where do you see yourself in five years ?
Hopefully with a gf/bf and doing a second degree

Well desu I'm thinking of it. I'm not religious or anything, so that's not stopping me.

Just do it m8, it's quick and painless to hang yourself.

And you'll free up resources for the rest of us

Jorge go to sleep...

Having just finished my masters degree in geology, hiking in the mountains of British Columbia.

Nah, I'm thinking of drowning. In that case my fat and bloated body might be undiscovered.