Why aren't there any European fighting styles/martial arts?

Why aren't there any European fighting styles/martial arts?

Is it because whites are more peaceful?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts#Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_European_martial_arts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate
judoinfo.com/morote.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are. Almost every country has it ...but they're just not popular ...mostly because europe prioritized technology over traditionalism in war and when they became obsolete..they just...remained obsolete

There are.
Two of them are olympic sports btw.

russia's Sambo is probably one of the coolest ones around the world imo

he is world champion in Karate and is spanish

Greek wrestling?

Boxing, Sabate, and a great selection of disciplines using traditional cuting weapons.

Yes but he didn't invent it did he? Of course all the best fighters are white, but they didn't invent the styles.

i am greek.you?

Boxing? Wrestling?
Fencing?

I am Greek

The Netherlands has a style of kick boxing.
France has savate.
The Britbongs have boxing.
Italians have their sword fighting.

Boxing and wrestling are sports, not martial arts.
They're too contrived to be martial arts.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts#Europe
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_European_martial_arts
Educate yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate

Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a variety of reasons: as self-defense, military and law enforcement applications; as competition, physical fitness, mental and spiritual development; as well as entertainment and the preservation of a nation's intangible cultural heritage.

Although the term martial art has become associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, it originally referred to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s. The term is derived from Latin, and means "arts of Mars", the Roman god of war.[1] Some authors have argued that fighting arts or fighting systems would be more appropriate on the basis that many martial arts were never "martial" in the sense of being used or created by professional warriors.[2]

way too much to read man god damn

>Boxing and wrestling are sports
They can be.
Many martial arts have a sport component that helps train the self-defense component.
See: judo, karate, sanda, bjj

all martial arts are contrived
baka

I think the difference between a sport and martial art is a bit artificial.

I mean, when I did Krav Maga (literally a martial art) I learned a lot that I also knew from Judo.
In Krav Maga they used the Judo techniques (such as shoulder locks) to get a weapon out of someone's hand.

Judo is a sport, but they train the same techniques you see in Krav Maga with a lot more resistance.

traditional martial arts are not the most efficient method of hand to hand combat, that's why.

>American education
We are not Europe, idiot.
But sambo is great, yes.
White people aren't limited with Europe. We have sambo martial art, it's really deadly.

Boxing, wrestling and fencing are some of the more common European martial arts, but there are plenty of others.

After watching worldstar I've concluded it's because white people can't fight.

russia is european, deal with it ivan

Heh, you Europeans can't really make up your mind, can you?

just becouse whites have a 0.50 caliber

>sucker punching an unsuspecting kid with knuckle irons

Upcoming MMA champ right there.

Well, maybe you cuck were looking for whitey getting rekt?

I am not european, I am italian

France has parkour, the martial art of escape :DDDDD

Czech has nothing. a bit like its irrelevance and surrendering to germans history

It's because there have always been plenty of weapons available. For example in Japan the rulers banned weapons in fear of uprising, so that led to the massive popularization of martial arts. Nu-males are their own thing. They live with a false sense of safety and false understanding of what creates safety.

Pugilism

You're retarded. Both evolved out of Medieval and Ancient combat techniques

Because europoops have been just sissy cowards who can't take real fights and they always choose to run or shoot from distance

True warrior ethnics such as Japanese, Arabs, Thais and Mongols know the ultimately philosophical beauty of life which is devoting one's life to one battlefield.

People in Europe wasnt forbid to carry weapons unlike riceniggers, they developed pleb unarmed combat while we train in fencing.

Jesus christ that was a good grapple or whatever the fuck that was.

judoinfo.com/morote.htm

>sambo
>not knock off judo

lel

martial arts look loke arts. keep that in mind
street fighting is improvised, martialmartial arts are semirigid. you can use boxing moves on a fight and that doesn't male you a boxer same way wielding a nunchaku doesn't make you bruce lee. there's gotta be rigid forms of doing the moves and you can talk of martial art. sport is more practical

Things like Judo are also very modern martial arts. Many techniques in the curriculum already existed in both the east and west before it got put into a fighting system.

This. A lot of jewdo stuff was taken from western wrestling.

Pic related is the firemans carry in wrestling and was added to judo

>Boxing and wrestling are sports, not martial arts.
Boxing and wrestling are more effective means of aggression than any eastern "martial" art tho.
Anything you can spar and compete with >>>>>>>>>> shit that you can't practice.

>Why aren't there any European fighting styles/martial arts?
Because the division of methods and techiniques into styles and martial arts is an east asian cultural phenomenon.
In the west, martial arts are divided only by the ruleset they abide to.
So there's no hundred schools of striking, there's only the various rulesets of kickboxing. There's no hundred schools of grappling, there's only the various rulesets of wrestling.