Urban + architecture

medieval & traditional architecture edition

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/search?q=Flakbunker&client=opera&hs=Rku&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM0srcrpnOAhWBAMAKHadyD1oQ_AUICCgB&biw=1536&bih=754
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a town of great importance for me

>posting low resolution photos

as always, wonderful

Lol, you guys have intermarchés in Spain ?

kek yes

is boring post alone...

last one

sorry this is the last one

It's pretty ugly, but it's for defence purpose

not bad at least is cute

But Germans could combine esthetics and defensive potential in one build

thats nice, many of our castles were visigothic that were modified by the moors and modified by the christians again during the reconquista
building castles were a strategic method of the reconquista and for that reason Castile is full of castle, even the name castile came from the word castle, land of castles.

>modified by the moors
That guys left some pretty neat architecture, didn't they?

esz en segovia?

yes

this is now a baroque thread

okay...

This is really beautiful. Do people still live in the houses which are built against the hill?

we have learnt from you during the time you were here

>castles will never be built again

sometimes I wish the PM would just say "fuck you cunts we're taxing 50% of everyones bank account just to build a fuckhuge castle"

To be fair, a castle nowadays would look nothing like they did in the past.

But that raises the question of what a modernist castle would look like

the US did it

>modernist castle

You mean a bunker?

>tfw most of the castle in northern/eastern France were destroyed by the germans in WW1

Bunkers are far too small. I mean a huge walled fortification.

Luxembourg has some nice architecture

cuba

dem cars tho

chile

argentina

So a flakbunker?

google.de/search?q=Flakbunker&client=opera&hs=Rku&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM0srcrpnOAhWBAMAKHadyD1oQ_AUICCgB&biw=1536&bih=754

Something like that, but not 70 years old. Preferably surrounding a small town or city too.

If only they would just let us annex them, we could help them to restore and preserve what's left of their old architecture

I was cycling around Goedereede Why are there so many (German) bunkers there btw? Do they love that location?

Maybe Arcologys with a bunch of anti aircraft/missily stuff slapped on top in the far future then?
I mean, currently we only have fortifications along borders in order to prevent people from crossing and to detect soldiers and maybe some old bunkers in use for hypothethical attacks.

Most wars atm are civil wars like in syria with many factions fighting in cities and maybe making smaller walls, but no powers massive enough to justifie the exssesive fortifications which happened during a worldwar.

Also consider missilies/jets as a gamechanger, Israels Iron dome for example is a fortification of the 21th century that does not really relly on towers and cement.

Dunnoh, either have been strategical or they just slapped bunkers everywhere along your coast just in case the americans would land there.
I remember seeing some of them too in zealand.

Ethiopia

This is one of them. But I have seen three or four along the same road. (Pic related) looks really small, but in fact it's quite huge. It has huge depth and moreover the walls are covered with earth. It's really interesing to visit those bunkers

>tfw i will never live in a comfy town with a qt castle
>tfw living in a shithole

Surely there's a town like that in Germany

but not my town

You can always move

I'm aware castles aren't needed in this day and age. That wasn't the point.

I was just replying to the dude in a presumed hypothetical situation in which a proper castle should have been built in our day and age with our current technology and array of architectural styles.

zz when is next round of vote I thought It was going to be today.

I think they'd probably look something like a prison complex with electrified barbed wire fences around the perimeter. Maybe the actual complex would be entirely underground to guard against air attacks and the caste walls were simply for mowing down ground troops

Koreaboo is probably b& again, and I don't think he wants to make another one of these when one is already up.

and you did it great
no, is Ronda