Buy Apple Watch, get $130 monthly bill for free

Admit it, you would buy it if you could afford it.

He bought a watch requiring a service plan, purchased a service plan, and is now shocked to be billed for that service plan?

>watch requiring a service plan
This sounds like the problem to me.
Or actually, when did we get into a world where this is a thing?

this became a thing the moment someone thought humanity needs "smart"watches

>doesn't think a smart watch counts as a device that can be charged by da joo
hmmm

Does it actually use a dataplan tho? I thought watches were supposed to connect to a phone for data and calls.

But but but muh disruption
Muh inventing new markets

>start a contract that would charge you for your smart watch using their network
>"wtf why am I being charged?"

The new one shares the same number but seems to require its own plan. Pretty shit.

You are fully aware phones require service plans to operate?
and that there are tablet plans now too which you add on for $5-10 on your current existing phone plan which is what was supposed to happen with this guys apple watch but he got jew'd?

they can do both now

It's supposed to be JUST the $10 extra, not an entire separate data plan. You guys are missing the issue.

>130 $ a month is kinda lots

Current phones are mostly used like pocket computing devices, with the call/text functionality being fairly minor share of the usage. If you were covered by wi-fi at home, worplace, cafes/restaurants/trains, park, etc, you could reasonably use it without the cellular service, actually.

Watch doesn't make calls itself though, so no, needing its own network subscription is wacky.

Watch does make calls itself though, so yes, it requires the addon.

"""watch"""

>2013+4
>still not using T-Mobile
>not using Digits
Good lord, some Americans are retarded, aren't they?

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AMERICA

We have this nice thing in Europe called consumer rights.
I suppose Americans like being fucked in the ass by their wife’s bull though.

And here, ladies and gentleman, is the obligatory obsessed European post.

not him but ffs, you jelly or what? We are just concerned that you guys get shit, is all

its still 5pounds/euros per month minimum in the uk/eu too lmao

>Starts a sentence with the word “and”.
>Offers no refutation
>Strawmanning

This, my friends, is the average American educational level.

>Starts a sentence with the word “and”.
Have you never heard a tour guide in your life?
>Offers no refutation
The refutation is so simple, it shouldn't need to be stated. The guy in the OP is being charged for a data plan tied to his Apple Watch. None of his consumer rights are being violated.
>Strawmanning
Like you're doing with the entire country of America?

>Americans pay $10 for the mere PRIVILEGE of using an iWatch with their provider.
>UK pays $6.53 and get 10GB of dedicates iWatch data on top of their plan, plus UNLIMITED for 6 months

Hahahahahaha not the same is it faggot?

>access for Apple Watch

Hahahahahaha

>data plan tied to Apple Watch

Hahahahaha nope!
It’s a charge for tying an Apple Watch to your CURRENT data plan.

Hahaha learn to fucking read Amerilard.

Some data plan allow multiple number or devices as tables, laptops or smartwatch, but murica, $100 dollars for shitty plan.

$100 is equivalent to €25 considering the wages there are half as much and the governments there take twice as much.

>amerilard retardation

>minimum wages higher than most states
>Amerifats not taking into account the cost of things like health insurance vs taxes for universal healthcare
>effective tax rate from IRS is on par or sometimes higher than other countries

Get educated you dumb 52%er

Hey hey, the telcos in USA are shit, but don't need to insult the guy that gets shat on by them.

We are buddies in this fucked world after all.

>it's another episode of sperging americans and europeans over consumerism
truly amazing

>minimum wages higher than most states
Good thing I don't work for minimum wage. I'm a contractor making 150k a year.

>Amerifats not taking into account the cost of things like health insurance vs taxes for universal healthcare
I don't pay insurance, haven't been to a hospital in 10 years. Feels good that I'm not subsidizing fat fucks and smokers.

>effective tax rate from IRS is on par or sometimes higher than other countries
Paid an effective tax rate of 18% on my income last year.

>I don't pay insurance
Wait, you are not insured at all? Wouldn't you get into trouble if you suddenly needed some serious treatment?

>be me
>get diagnosed with brain cancer when 29
>9 hour surgery
>doctor said I could have probably been dead in a few weeks or months without it, because it would fuck up vital functions by then
>two months in hospital
>several MRI scans a year
>under long-term monitoring from now on
>living happily several years since

Incidentally I did wonder how fucked I would be had I lived in USA and not "Europoor", few times.

>MOBILESHARE
>SHARE

That’s his data plan for his whole account. Is he retarded?

americucks btfo!!!!!

The watch doesn’t run off of magic and fairy dust, you need a whole new SIM card/broadband radio (if CDMA) to get the cellular functionality.

Of course it’s a separate plan. It’s not an extension of the phone, it’s literally it’s own device with synced shit.

The watch has its own connection, independent of the phone, meaning it can work without tethering.
Rather than having your stupidly fucking overpriced american plan plus another for the watch, you just add $10 a month onto your original plan to give another device access to it.
It'd be like getting another sim with the same number and data for $10, except these don't use sims

Looks like this guy doesn't even have a account with att, he probably just made a new account to get the watch since it was selling out everywhere. His fault for not reviewing his account when he got the watch.

>IT'S FREE FOR SIX MONTHS WITH UNLIMITED DATA
>ACTUALLY, $10 A MONTH AND YOU GET $50 CREDIT, SO LIKE 5GB ONE TIME

>$130 extra
>$130 EXTRA
>CLEARLY ONLY $10 EXTRA
>HE SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR THIS
The absolute state of normies

Or you just let the credit sit on your account the whole time and it’s exactly as advertised? Jesus Christ. There’s enough shit to complain about without being a nigger faggot who makes shit up. This isn’t CNN

>JUST the $10 extea, not an entire separate data plan

>telco somewhere
>lets give a watch that uses our LTE/HSPA+ bands, with all of the full functionality of a cell phone, a $10 one time purchase/charge
>there’s no way they wont just buy a used iPhone without a cell plan, sync it up to the watch, and use the watch for phone, calling, and data for cheaper than an actual phone on our network

>Admit it, you would buy it if you could afford it.
Why do the mods still permit this sort of crap?

europoor dirt farmers super excited that they could own a v3 apple watch and not have to beg the IMF

kek

seems like they charged him $10 for the watch

>agreed to this contract

>things that don't happen in europe