/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Handy overview of available parts (outdated prices / builds)
logicalincrements.com/
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, try to include information like response time, refresh rate, resolution, and size

CPUs:
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>i3 8100 - Better budget CPU; extra cost of the currently available Z mobos lessens the value of the CPU
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 1700 - Best value for multithread performance right now. 1700x and 1800x is a waste of money if you are not afraid of overclocking.
>i7 8700(k) - Good all-rounder with high clock speed and 6 cores. Good luck actually getting one though.
>Threadripper/Used Xeons: Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Rendering

RAM:
>Check your Mobo's QVL before buying RAM or look for user reports
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal

GPUs:
Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 if you want to overpay a little.
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070 / 1080 are standard choices. Vega 56 / 64 if you can get it cheap.
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>Consider a 240GB or larger SSD.
>Consider a Wireless Network Adapter, either 2.4 or 5GHz

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/M8fhhq
logicalincrements.com/mouse
noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hc3mXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/f9xbm8
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/call-of-duty-wwii-beta-test-gpu-cpu
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/star-wars-battlefront-ii-beta-test-gpu-cpu
techpowerup.com/233968/noctua-chromax-edition-fans-and-heatsink-covers-detailed
thermalright.com/product/true-spirit-140-power/
thermalright.com/product/le-grand-macho-rt/
cryorig.com/r1-universal_us.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What should I look for in a gay ming mouse?

sensor
dpi
durability (ESPECIALLY scroll wheel, many fail within months if you use mmm often)

Any suggestions on models?

Why even bother reccing intel cpus, like you said its a paper launch same for the vega reccs you cant get either of them

pcpartpicker.com/list/M8fhhq
My build so far. Other than a PSU, I just need to pick out which CPU cooler I'll use. I've narrowed down the case I'll use to a handful, now I'm just figuring out how much CPU cooler clearance I'll need. What would you guys recommend if I'm looking for something quiet that I can get a fairly substantial overclock on?

logicalincrements.com/mouse
Note: Never buy a razer

I have this PNY Riot O1 moues and it looks pretty good, feels really good and has cute rgb cycles
its alittle heavy but I turned up cursor speed (can be done with the little button behind the scroll wheel easily) and the design around the thumb is practical

>intel
i mean coffee lake

also

>8400k
>multithreaded
either cut it out or change that, that thing ain't multithreaded

noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html

Any good budget desktops I could build that would last me a while? I'm new to this, so I want to make sure I pick the right parts.

Do they have it without the shitbrown fans? I'm not going to rice my case out, but I'll probably be stuck with a side panel, and I don't want it to look like garbage.

did you check the QVL motherboard list? it is 100% mandatory.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Hc3mXH psu and cooler.

check the list that asus has on their website for a compatible ram

Yeah, that RAM worked at 3200Mhz on the QVL.

I have everything from video cards to ram and cooler, all I need is a CPU and a mobo for my new pc

Split between
1700+Crosshair VI
vs
8700k + shit tier motherboard

pcpartpicker.com/list/f9xbm8

here i finished/improved it

if you really want shintel you better wait a bit for the mama board market to relax.

the gaming k7 is also a good alternative and has a dual bios, which I don't think asus offers

1700+Crosshair VI IMO. Shit tier motherboards are shit tier, which means you ain't gonna benefit from the k being unlocked, and the 8700k isn't THAT much better than the 1700. Better, just not that much. Plus knowing Intel, you'll need a new motherboard to upgrade, AMD has said AM4 will work until 2020, so at least Zen2 is available to upgrade to. Plus then you get to buy AMD, which is less of a shitty company. Crosshair VI has good options for RAM QVL btw, and the second best VRM of X370 mobos.

both amd and shintel will need a new mobo by 2019 when the new pci update hits.

My g400 is starting to die. What's a slightly smaller and lighter mouse to replace it? Was looking at either the G403 or the Gpro

While they said AM4 will work until 2020 I doubt they meant B350/X370 chipsets will also work until 2020

amd will prob make a backwards compatable AM4+ and TR4+ for pcie 4 and mayber sata 4 if that shit is ever happening

Meshify C barely has clearance for the GPU since the plugs go in the end instead of the side, and doesn't hold enough SSDs/HDDs. I put those in there because those are the ones I already own. Running SSD/HDD each for Win10(games), Win7(games that don't work on Win10), Linux(learning to transition away from Microsoft's bullshit). The cases I've narrowed it down to are Corsair 200R, Corsair 750D, Fractal Design Define XL R2, NZXT H440, NZXT H630, NZXT S340 Elite, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

Seriously though, I appreciate the effort. Really just need to find the CPU cooler for now though, something good enough to OC with, but that isn't Noctua.

>mfw AMD releases Zen 2 in 2021
Calling it now. I'll laugh at all of you.

there are black noctua fans.

you need to understand that nocctua cpu coolers are better than AIO in many cases. buying something else because you don't like the looks is really stupid user

> Running SSD/HDD each for Win10(games), Win7(games that don't work on Win10), Linux(learning to transition away from Microsoft's bullshit)
thats fucking stupid learn to partition you dumb nigger

What are the first things to do after installing Win7?

I mean, it's Ryzen. I don't need the absolute best. 2nd or 3rd will do if it means it does other things better, like match the rest of what I'm buying.
I caught a sale on them when SSDs still had a huge premium on larger sizes and HDDs were marked up crazy high. Plus, it's not a big deal if one fails, and it keeps Windows from doing stupid shit when it's installing that messes up other partitions. If I bought it now, I'd probably go for one big SSD, one big HDD, and one cheap drive just to backup more important things against a hardware failure between proper backups, but it made sense to do at the time.

Shut the fuck up John. Your ancestors brought me here, I don't want to fucking be in this shitty hunk of land but guess what I had no fucking choice. Shut your god damn mouth and deal with it you fucking cumskin devil FAGGOT

it was fun

Update to SP1 and then get the rollup update. Customize anything weird you wanna do(I like side taskbar and bringing back Quick Launch), then get Ninite and install your shit.

Sorry, all of your motherboard drivers first, then updates, then customize, and then either video card drivers or Ninite(Apparently Nvidia drivers need .NET framework now), then the other.

>watch the 8700k listing on BHP
>place order just as soon as they open for it
>check back a couple hours later
>the price has gone from $370 to $399

Holy shit. I mean, I know they're jewish owned, but this is just ridiculous.

Stop being a kike. $400 is a is a drop in the bucket especially for the fastest consumer CPU on the market. Blame AMD for releasing shit products.

intel prices fall pretty quick. i don't know why anyone would feel so rushed to upgrade their cpu so frequently when GPU is what matters more.

Because it's cheap.

yeah according to you. the only people who feel the need to upgrade after ever release are people whose e-peen feel threatened, it's pathetic desu.

>t. third worlder
I upgrade for better performance.

Did some sudden bill appear in your mailbox, Juan?

Surprise, 1440p and 4K are graphics card limited.

>not multithreaded
>i5 8400
>6c/6t
>6t
>not multithreaded
No such thing as an 8400K anyway, retard.

Partitions suck

Install Firefox with uBlock

Only reason Intel release a CPU with more cores is AMD pushing them to do so. Otherwise you'd just get another 7700K with ever so slightly higher clocks.

Nope, Jamal. Did your welfare come today?

>would go as far as calling himself a kike to shill his product
I mean I know kikes are shamelss but...

Recommend me a quad core cpu and decent mobo. Should I go with the i3-8100? if so what board should I get

Stop pooping in the street Pajeet.

>intelbro calling someone a pajeet

yeah so does everyone else, but it's illogical to feel pressured to upgrade the least performance demanding part when you lose money with every upgrade. again you're just upgrading to feel good about your self, i can tell from how you'd attack someone for "being a third worlder".
my build will have cost significantly less than yours while retaining 90% of the performance.
a fool and his money are soon parted so they say.

i dont think you know what multithreading is

Firefox is shit

and your threads suck fat cocks and you are shit OP

Your three reasonably price options are R3 1200, i3 8100, or R5 1400. I don't think the mobo for the i3 matters too much, because they're all Z chipsets.

The 8 threads of the R5 1400 make it an attractive option for longevity
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/call-of-duty-wwii-beta-test-gpu-cpu
But it performs fairly well even in titles that don't take great advantage of SMT
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/star-wars-battlefront-ii-beta-test-gpu-cpu

>he uses firecocks
>he uses a 8400
>he shills for intel
>and does it all for free
you just like being a massive faggot

Good for you. Meanwhile mine is 10% faster and the cost was a drop in the bucket. I don't have to worry about "price/performance ratio".

just ordered a gtx 1080 to replace my dual 390x since I'm sick of shit not supporting crossfire properly. did i make a mistake?

you only made a mistake if you are using 1080p 60 fps

im 1080p 144fps

no since you can sell those 390x for inflated prices currently, you picked the perfect time.

Thats kind of what I was hoping for. The prices are good on ebay. I wanted a 1080ti but that makes no sens for 1080p lol. also a 1080 will push 1440 144hz won't it?

Noctua says that they will sell pure black versions of some of their fans this year, but we don't know the exact date of release

techpowerup.com/233968/noctua-chromax-edition-fans-and-heatsink-covers-detailed

>Sells pure black version of the fans
>Doesn't come with black anti-vibration pads

allofmyWHY.jpg

whats a really good wireless adapter for gaymanning on windows 10 lads?

Do you guys remember that glorious period of time a few days back, before 8700k benchmarks dropped, where AMD was on top? Sup Forums was a pleasant place. Everyone could generally agree that in most situations you get a Ryzen, if you were looking for something where Intel was better, you should probably get the Intel even though fuck Intel, and there was just generally less faggotry fucking up the threads. A couple of benchmarks drop, where the premier chip of the lineup barely inches out the older, historically absolute shit competitor by a frame or two, and holy shit, this place descends. I'm not implying anything specific, I just miss it.

>also a 1080 will push 1440 144hz won't it?

That's more 1080 Ti territory but it will occasionally do it. Though if you're getting 800 euro monitor you wont care about throwing another couple hundred at a better gpu that does it even better.

Shame they'll be out after I've been using my new build for months. I have to buy something sooner rather than later since the 1600X doesn't come with a cooler.
Go on Newegg and sort by rating, find one with multiple antennas that supports MU-MIMO or MIMO. This requires the router to support it as well. Internal -> external, assuming positioning won't be terrible. Asus and TP-Link are safe choices.

Yeah then I'll be fine for the time being. Sucks that Gsync is so much more expensive but whatever, gotta pay to play.

>a 1080 will push 1440 144hz won't it?
Graphics cards do not provide Hz. You'll likely be CPU limited in most recent titles to below 144FPS

you did good sport

Thanks anononon

is this any gud?

I've got a 6700k at 5ghz, I'm hoping my CPU is not a bottleneck in most cases

protip: wireless cards that have got a fat heatsink on them are the best ones

does this look thicc enough?

it isn't, you will not see any difference in gaming with your card and any intel cpu for the next 5-8 years probably. you will only need to upgrade for ddr5 or pci4 or (lol) sata 4

No idea, probably not terrible. Basically anything that gets you a stable connection is fine for gaming, my recommendations were just good general guidelines. Rosewill is Newegg's brand and they just rebrand stuff, so it depends what's being rebranded.

get a homeplug user, wifi is a meme

If you play at reasonable settings your CPU won't be the bottleneck, especially at 1440p. My point is that it's unrealistic to expect 144FPS in recent games even if you remove the GPU bottleneck

Oh yeah, I don't expect it to be locked at 144. As long as it does hit it and is in general triple digits is fine with me.

Can we all agree the 8400 is a great cpu?

NO MUH PRICE/PERFORMANCE I NEEEEED SHITTY SINGLE CORE AND THREADS. I CAN SAVE A WHOPPING $40 ON MY MOBO BY GOING AMD. FUCK JEWTEL LONG LIVE INDIA!

Just found my old 5770. How much fps can I expect in modern gaymes?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Proper flase flagging

>moot posting

1600x is better at productivity by 15% and 8400 is better at gaming by 15% (roughly). Both are nice

Based mods.

>The Ryzen 1600x is getting more than 25% better performance for less than 25% better cost
For what application? Definitely not games. Perhaps compressing and decompressing files.

Nah, I deleted it, I realized I didn't actually read the chart. There have been enough HURR DURR EFF PEE ESS posts today that I immediately assumed those bars were FPS.

>I made an R7 build a month ago
I made a mistake.

You got a great build. Enjoy it.

Do I have to repost my 1000 hours in paint doughnut steel.

Mods are sleeping.

That looks uncomfortable.

How much training does it take to be able to fit a whole hand in there?

I built my r7 build on release and I enjoy it
whether or not you build either intel or amd you still get fucked out of your money by shitty markets, it's just how much depending on which side

>no overclocking
>2.8 ghz

Eh, still not bad

It has a 3.8 turbo on all clocks u mong

Bought a motherboard and a processor for my first build today. Return policy says I have 15 days to return them. Assuming I don't have any other parts (except a monitor) is it possible to check if these are working properly? If not, what's the minimum I have to get to do so?

R u retarded

Trying to decide on a CPU cooler. The Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power is claiming a TDP of 360w, while their Le GRAND MACHO RT is marked as a lesser 320w. Both of these are marked way higher than the CRYORIG R1 Universal. Are TDP ratings super non-standardized between brands, or is that tiny 212 Evo looking thing really the best of the bunch? These are the three I've narrowed my choices down to.

TRUE Spirit 140 Power: thermalright.com/product/true-spirit-140-power/

Le GRAND MACHO RT: thermalright.com/product/le-grand-macho-rt/

R1 Universal: cryorig.com/r1-universal_us.php

RAM. Other than that, you could plug in your current storage and PSU to test it. Worth noting is that many credit cards offer extended return policies(Although some make exceptions for computer stuff).

>A non-shill OP
Nice.

You forgot graphics card if he wants to see if the board actually POSTS since Ryzen CPUs don't have integrated GPU