I'm tired of trying to be a snowflake and I'm considering installing Windows 10...

I'm tired of trying to be a snowflake and I'm considering installing Windows 10. Are there any good guides out there for turning off all of the botnet shit in 1703?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
pastebin.com/x07jCRAM
mega.nz/#!MpVHSbjb!YU9hKuhVpJZEi5jLnFMgL8QNXwAG4CtJXNRkYQcnqCA
github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well I was in your shoes and only was able to inspect the open source tools, closed source ones - too risky...

So what I've found out is that they don't do anything special other than what is already covered here:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

There are like 5 more extra settings not covered here but on other articles on microsoft and you could find refference to at least 2 in comments there.

The tools sometimes will look like they do more because for example where you can disable let's say cortona with group policies, they edit the group policy, then they edit some registry, then they delete some other shit. So they do 5 different steps with each effect for same setting..

Anyway there's literally no way to disable most of the spying shit without breaking anything except using enterprise version and group policies.

Also once that is done what's left is to block on router level or even hosts - for now none of the hosts I've blocked windows still communicated with - I used my router to read the traffic.

In order to not break shit but minimize to something relatively normal data collection wise - I've limited myself to these hosts:

pastebin.com/x07jCRAM

All the links I took from microsoft articles and other researched myself to tailor it towards what it hurted must.

There are projects on github where people experimented in a scientific way - let multiple computers in virtual machines isolated, to stay non-altered connected to microsoft for weeks - then they collected all the ips and shared them, shouldn't be hard to find them.
But such lists will fuck everything in windows and will make it work just for limited time, with no updates, no features and so on.

Download this PowerShell script, edit it as needed, then run it.
mega.nz/#!MpVHSbjb!YU9hKuhVpJZEi5jLnFMgL8QNXwAG4CtJXNRkYQcnqCA

Literally the only thing you need.

Install Win10 Enterprise LTSB instead of being a beta tester.

Where do you get a key? Cracks aren't safe anymore.

Use an open source activator baka.

Such as?

>he doesn't use ltsb
>he doesn't run custom tronscript
>he doesn't use firewall appropriately to block connections he doesn't like
>he has no idea what gpe is
>his components break because he doesn't know what the fuck he'd doing
i cant even right now

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not even running yet.

>I'm not even running yet.
i literally cant even

Just activate windows with a private KMS server not any tool.

Should've mentioned it in my first post - forgot..

Also who the fuck would use a kiosk os when they could just use the latest release of active branch enterprise version.

Open CMD as administrator and write these:
( The key is from Microsoft website, a volume license key this is for ENTERPRISE version )
slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
( custom / pirate KMS server )
slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir
( trigger script that attempts to activate windows via KMS )
slmgr /ato

I see that most people that recommend you stuff here - basically don't give a fuck about security and just give you random tools / keyloggers made by Chinese and Russians.

The no.1 autist on this board everybody.

>no 1 autist
I'm the no 1 slut, I'm just a cautious slut desu neko chan and if you can't appreciate me at my best then you just don't deserve me at my worst.

good goy

Is there a list of public KMS servers maintained somewhere? I'd like to go that route if possible, since no crack required.

Can't you do a simple web search?
github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms

Don't worry friend, you can just turn all that stuff off, like the helpful anons in this thread said!

I did, but I wasn't sure which one you were talking about.

i know this isn't yours but every time the webm is posted it's hysterical
>is signed into the google botnet
>is paranoid about the microsoft botnet
amazing

Wow so many autistic arcane words in your reply.

Just use the one I gave you, I used it to activate office and windows - all do the same shit, this one is the most maintained and will probably never go down. And sure there is I just never bookmarked it - researched, took what I need then forgot about it.

>arcane
what does that even mean

stop replying to me, you have more important stuff to do on Sup Forums

also nigga read a book. READ A DAMN BOOK NIGGA.

what's Sup Forums?
i'm reading a book right now it's called the power of moments hbu?

Ah you're a friendly autist, my bad man - take back all the insults - I want you to be my bro.

My last book was St Augustine Confessions - would recommend it as the only piece of Christian literature to ever read, the dude was relatively smart at least very instructed and experienced trough life and we got his original text not some random interpretation.

If you manage to make abstraction of religious elements - it's a good read, but not extraordinary - I found it to be puerile in many parts - you would get more psychology from literally a modern textbook or even Kierkegaard or Dostoyevsky ( btw if you are interested in human mind just read these authors religiously - I sometimes and I'm not alone consider their brain power to have been waaaay beyond ordinary people )

An amazing gospel on how to manage your mind and live your life is Meditations - Marcus Aurelius.

Thanks user, I'll give it a shot.

Oh I love Aurelius! Epictetus is also very enjoyable but Aurelius I feel has the more palatable perspective, but that's probably just due to all the translations occurring since the time the writings were lost.
Personally though dabbling more in modern/current sciences through the likes of Peak: The New Science of Expertise - basically a book discussing a lot of the misconceptions people have in regards to superhumans and 'pure natural talents' and how they ultimately create generations of people who believe they're worthless.

As stupid as that is, it's irrelevant. The fact is that the windows 10 ""privacy"" controls flat out don't work. Useless 'door close' buttons in an elevator for idiots.

is education edition LTSB?

thank you

Education is Enterprise without Cortana. LTSB is another beast.
Just tested it on enterprise, no connections. Oh well.

get Enterprise 2016 LTSB

>implying there is anything wrong with Microsoft Toolkit or KMSPico

>Not wanting to install a keylogger posing as OS makes you a snowflake

Libcuck hipster snowflake ""logic""

>Not wanting to install a keylogger posing as OS makes you a snowflake
yeah but then why use a mainstream browser or a mainstream OS while pretending you give a shit about your privacy? They too openly state they record everything in the privacy statement.
So yes, it does make you a snowflake. Deal with it.

So beating my head against problems that were solved in Windows 20 years ago makes you smart?

Keyloggers are cool now, grandpa. This isn't 1995. Don't you have a backgammon game to hit up at the retirement home?

They're in a perfect position to fuck you. What are you going to do? Go to the police and tell them you got owned by an illegal crack?

>keyloggers

The keylogger was only in the technical preview, dipshit.

>used Windows 10 since the day it was released in 2015
>do all my online banking and shopping on it
>don't use any privacy tools, just disabled as many botnet features in windows settings as I could
>have 7 figure income
>none of my accounts have been hacked
>no one else on the internet has ever reported that microsoft stole from them or hacked their accounts

this proves that Windows 10 isn't malware.

>Keyloggers are cool now, grandpa. This isn't 1995
Keyloggers were cool in 1200 BC, gramps.

Microsoft Toolkit has never attempted to access the internet, I know because I use a whitelist-only firewall. Tens of millions of people have used the program for years and nobody has ever had a problem with it. By your logic every single program on your computer that you haven't personally thoroughly audited the source code of is potential malware and you should uninstall all of it just to be safe.

Also I'm not dumb enough to log into any important/financial accounts on my gaming PC so I would lose nothing even if it was malware.

>Libcuck

>being a libcuck
>>>/reddit/

>turning off all of the botnet shit
impossible.
you go w7 or tuxx

Why is it impossible but possible on alternative systems that connect to the internet?
>i-it's not a botnet if I want it
Sure thing.

So I had an old laptop lying around. It's from around 2010, and this means it only has 4gb ram. It had win7 installed, but as it's relatively small hard-drive was full of stuff I don't need anymore, plus some badly installed rainmeter crap, I decided to give it a fresh restart by installing Win10 on it.

So far so good.

Or rather not. One thing I've noticed is that now, any graphics related task makes the GPU and CPU go into full blast.

Youtube video? 40% CPU if at anything more than 480p.
Playing Sonic Mania? Oh boy, better not spend too much time on the 3d stages!
Soldier of Fortune 1? Better get ready for a system shutdown due to overheating.
Browse any heavy website? There go the fans into jet engine mode.

There seems to be many things that windows10 does worse than windows7, and you definitely feel this on older hardware. Strangely enough, the boot times are way faster (like a third of what they were before), but performance on everything else is worse. Way worse.

And there are small quirks to this, I've found. For example, if I use Visual Boy Advance in windowed mode and move the mouse over the window, the CPU fires up from 7% all the way up to 40% in that process. Same thing with youtube videos and mouse movement.

And in all, my instinct tells me that windows 10 uses a different approach to window management, that is just too taxing on old hardware.

Does anyone know exactly why this is?

inb4 muh games. I was planning on using this old computer as a throwaway emulation machine and pre-2004 gaming device.

Even Mozilla harvests your data now. It's unavoidable.

Yep. How could they not? People just want the world for nothing in exchange for it.

>Youtube video? 40% CPU if at anything more than 480p.
sounds like hardware accel isn't working for one reason or another
could also just be general driver problems due to win10 installation

Switching to Linux is a good option, make sure first that all the games you play are available.
I'm somehow sure emulators and using WINE on old games are functioning because I also do the same.

>muh safe space!
>why can't conservatives see how retarded their traditional wisdom is

>resistance is futile, goyim, just give up your rights already

I'll give Linux another shot when Weyland is more mainstream. One of the problems I had was really bad screen tearing on any distro I tried. Come the fuck on.

Sadly it's either that or give up 80% functionality

Facepalm so hard.