ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install Gentoo

not an option, see pic related

whoops am retard

how retarded are you that you buy things you have no use for

Link to static web page pls

Price?

I may or may not have a use for it in the future, its 13 sheckels/mo so its not like im pissing money away or something

danger: weebshit and shit design in general
aimless.biz

13 dollars and some change a month

>13 dollars and some change a month
Not a very good price. The same is avaliable from ovh.

What you can and should do is stop thinking you got some amazing deal and stop renting that vps.

If you need one later you can get it cheaper, and if you want to host your site, get a $2.5 one.

>The same is avaliable from ovh.
For $10.

You are Litterally passing away money, "only" 7.5 bucks per month but still.

but user it is from ovh
im indecisive right now about hosting a small game server for a few friends and maybe hosting some programs and scripts i made

>For $10.
nyet
Im pissing away the same amount that others piss away on an xbox live subscription or something

dammit guys i just want to know what things you would do with a vps, not explain my reasoning behind renting one

fucking expensive

what else is out there with specs in the OP or better for cheaper?

>hostmaze, time4vps, nodeblade
check lowendbox to find decent offers, or search yourself to find better

As I said before if you dont know what to do with it you're a retard for having it. Here, pic related, things I do with VMs

they're all going to be horribly overprovisioned. yeah OP has 8gb of "RAM" but really 7GB is in a swap file, and cpu ready is at like 20%

Wait, did you even get to try half of these vms?

1St install debian stretch
2Nd start working with packages, e.g install ftpd, enable ssh, install php7.1, apache2, php-mysql e.t.c.
3rd, go to github, dl Laravel(an user here told me about it 1 week ago)
Ford, learn to work with laravel
Fünfte, make dummy pages
Έξι, great project plus if you get into it....profit.

>Wait, did you even get to try half of these vms?
What?

Cont'd
Install owncloud or similar and sync your data there and/or make services, e.g. VPN, or use it as a proxy that gets the sites you load but compresses them(like what opera does)

>they're all going to be horribly overprovisioned.
explain please
i rent a $1.5 a month vps from hostmaze that i run an irc and openvpn on and i havent had an issue but then again i dont do anything really demanding

>but compresses them(like what opera does)
This is retarded and will no nothing but increase latency. The only possible benefit is if you're on a phone with a tiny data plan. Even then it will be minimal as most HTTP transfers are compressed anyways:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_compression

> yeah OP has 8gb of "RAM" but really 7GB is in a swap file, and cpu ready is at like 20%
nyet, pic related. highest cpu has ever been since i rented it was at 5%

>explain please
Over provisioning is when they rent out more VMs than they have capacity for. For instance my cluster has 288GB of RAM but I can create VMs with hundreds of gigs of memory if I wanted. It will just use a swap file just like your desktop does.

Same with CPU, they have allocate more vCPUs than they have pCPUs, and this will cause the CPU READY counters to increase.

Both of these things will cause significant performance degradation. There is a reason why these VPSes are very cheap compared to reputable providers like Amazon or MS Azure. As with all things, you get what you pay for.

Your pic has nothing to do with CPU usage, and you dont get CPU ready counters from within the guest but rather from the hypervisor itself.

>significant performance degradation
significantly cause performance degradation

And regarding your pic, just as I said before in regards to CPU ready counters, you can't tell how much the hypervisor is swapping memory to disk from within a guest.

You technically could with benchmarking tools to an extent, but even then this wouldnt be reliable as the conditions can be transient.

I have a similar configuration on my VPS. I run TT-RSS, Nextcloud on nginx with php7 on Ubuntu 16.04 Server. Daily/weekly backups, let's encrypt certs via "getssl" script (look it up). Email runs on another (paid) service provider though, I tried but it's too complicated for me. This setup works very well.

Judging from this panel your provider seems to support Docker stuff (at least I hope you are not running on an old OpenVZ host), might be worth learning a bit of that.

>ftpd
you don't need that, just use SCP (file transfer over SSH)

i guess that makes sense, domo
do you know of any humanely priced gpu vps? or is $1k a month for a 4x1070 vps normal

guess ill be doing some benchmarking later then. i f i ever need more power i could just throw together a server with the fuckton of parts i have laying around. on the subject of email, are you controlling the actual service? if so have you been on any of those blacklists?

docker seems interesting, id have to do way more reading though as this is the first time ive heard of it

what the fuck do you need 4 1070s for? rendering?

>do you know of any humanely priced gpu vps?
fuck if i know

>or is $1k a month for a 4x1070 vps normal
that sounds stupid expensive. you can build a 4U server, throw 4 GPUs in it and rent some colo space for less than it would cost you for 6 months - 1 year of rental fees.

>if so have you been on any of those blacklists?
This is at home and my ISP blocks port 25, i've been meaning to get around to setting up a account with a relay provider to get around this.

Personal opinion but.. I've rented three cheap VPS from providers linked on lowendbox (in the 2 vcore, 1GB RAM range). Every time they either suddenly disappear or get bought up and/or become unreliable/shitty like a year later.

I mean $10 a year for a 1GB VPS might be nice for experiments, but now I'm spending $8/month on a reliable one from a local provider.

training an evolutionary cnn i've been tinkering with on and off for a few months
the goal is unsupervised object recognition but i cant really let it train for long enough to be somewhat robust
the training is really slow, even on low-res images
i got cuda implementation for regional, fully connected, convolutional and pooling layers working and its faster on a nvidia gpu but its still slow as hell on a gtx 560

ok thanks anyway, cant really afford to buy shit like that though, unironically a poorfag

icecast radio server playing your music on shuffle

You don't need to buy a domain for HTTPS.

Not OP but I had that going on for a while.

I had a domain that I used to broadcast my music collection to the internet so myself and some friends could listen to while at work. I eventually didn't feel like paying for the site anymore.

ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home

It compresses assets explicitly, e.g. large jpg files, down to nothing.
It actually makes pages load faster and saves a lot of battery, on bloated with pictures, pages.
Also, you can ban ips and hosts, so you don't have to worry about ads and other sit getting loaded to your phones.