Who /top1%/ here?

Who /top1%/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/09/programmings-dirtiest-little-secret.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VPmldO4BlSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is 115 really top 1%? The phones have gone too far.

The average is around 30-40 WPM

I get around ninety, and get forty something on my phone, but who the fuck cares I'm not a secretary

It's hard for me to even purposefully type that slow

Me

It is better to type correct than fast

I'm not a secretary so I don't care.

found the shitty typer

yeah but just do both instead, this is an off day for me too and that test is one that i specifically hate. Doing real work I could get probly 145-150 but my hands would cramp up.

Fat autist, do something useful with your life ffs.

how long you guys have been typing ?
is there any way to improve faster?
t.40wpm here

80-90 WPM is perfectly normal, anything higher than that and you become and autistic fagoot.

I've been typing longer than most people on this board have been alive. I saw this pop up on HN again a days back
> steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/09/programmings-dirtiest-little-secret.html

I just grew up on typing based games so maybe do that instead.

How many finger are you using? I never. Bothered to fully learn 10 fingers and I give around 80-90. Never did any excercises or whatever, just regular typing.

i just did the test 3 times and ive been getting 105ish each time
i use index middle and ring finger on my right hand and middle and ring on left hand.
no idea how i wound up with this weird way of typing

dvorak master race

I get around 90 to 100 and find that unless I'm just braindead transcribing something, wpm is irrelevant, shit like programming or even writing a semi-decent essay or report actually requires you to stop and think, a lot.

behold

my muscles cramp when i try to type so fast

Is that real life?

yea this is true.
i dont think i will ever be able to think fast enough to type 110 wpm of meaningful information.

it's basically impossible on that type of test, there's no way to queue up anything like you would with language and the shifts are disruptive. If you were reading a language you understood from a static page that wasn't jumping around on you you probly get 15-25 wpm increase right off the bat.

true but my slow 30 WPM typing is sure hurt my project speed

Other thing is when I'm programming, code completion types like half the code for me anyway. I only type the first couple letters for everything.

It's true.
I'm also shit at housekeeping and bricklaying.

But I don't have to do those jobs either.

My best score is 86 WPM and I mostly use my pointer fingers to type. It's just how I evolved to do it over time due to never having typing classes.

That's almost 10 words per second.
I doubt anyone can even read that fast.

you know you can just edit the page and make it say anything, non-qwerty is probly a decent boost though.

This, outside of some specific scenarios anything above ~80wpm is wasted

It's not that difficult to read at more than 600 words per minute. Your brain stops retaining much of the information at that speed, but you can definitely process the words.

The fastest talker achieved a world record of 637 spoken words per minute. Just put that into a speech to text program, and now you have the fastest typing speed.

thats pretty cool, now i have to figure out why that works.

>The fastest talker achieved a world record of 637 spoken words per minute.

That's a memorized text though isn't it?

And can people listening understand what he's saying?

that is fucking sweet.
going to use this to study later and see how well it works

I've used it (well actually an open source version of it) a lot in the past. It does work fine, but I wouldn't recommend going too much above 300 wpm, especially on dense content. The higher you go the less time your brain has to processes and retain the information.

It does work though, and I feel like it makes reading more "passive" instead of requiring your full active attention. There's no temptation to go back and reread a sentence or something. I have pretty bad ADHD and this makes it possible to just push through reading boring material. For stuff I actually find interesting I generally wouldn't use this.

There was one alternative that displayed 2 words at a time instead of one, and I found that much more effective. But it was incredibly buggy and I removed it.

5 GBP have been deposited into your acct ending in 0135

It's average for a layman, for a Sup Forumsentooman, the average is about 100WPM

some google searches have given me the conclusion that most people who type a lot, like secretaries, have 70-80 wpm speed.
makes me feel good having 110 from just playing video games and using aim

~80wpm is considered to be the requirement for professional typists such as secretaries

kek

Yea i got 54, i think these anons are lying.

No, you're just trash.

mean ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=VPmldO4BlSA