/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE
>Watch Essentials 102: pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

watchgang.com/index.php#hiw
youtube.com/watch?v=1eOEQCXrhG4
seiyajapan.com/products/seiko-dolce-quartz-sacm171
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should post that Longines Ultrasonic more, I like that brick link bracelet.

It's in for service at the moment but will do when it eventually comes back

What Explorer is that?

Post drinks. Mine is an IPA

Collezione.

dat alien seiko hnnnnggg

Bare wristed right now and drinking some liquid pig slop.

nice, proper size. The new one looks nigger-tier and out of proportion.

Which samurai should I get? I'm leanon towards the pepsi one but gold looks kinda cool tok

What's the attraction of this watch? Just a classy designed Rolex?

Understated and underrated

Nice explorer, bro. Here's mine, the vintage one though.

I feel like the Rolex logo is disproportionately large. I prefer the Millgauss or GMT.

>found watch that has some things i like
>White dial, blue hands
Sadly the case is in rose gold. Any idea on how to make it work? Picture's not mine but it looks great in it.

Considering the Milgauss is like twice the price I'd say the Explorer is better for most people unless you have a hard-on for that lightning bolt second hand like me

Is this a good option?
>you can get a rolex user...
>watchgang.com/index.php#hiw

Same watch steel.

This is definitely not a good option. You will end up with a pile of watches you don't want and have spent thousands of dollars on it.

Seems like a low quality shill attempt

Ah, I suppose you might be right.

jesus fucking christ the sad part is people will actually sign up for this

youtube.com/watch?v=1eOEQCXrhG4

What stripe could fit this watch? (besides from the one that has already)

Alright, I keep hearing about NOMOS every now and then in these threads. Do they really have that great a movement or is it just hype because it isn't an ETA?

>>watchgang.com/index.php#hiw
They are finding all the retarded people and collecting their data. I hope the watches sterilize their users.

They have a excellent movemebt

They are good. They are nice. They are not that expensive for what they are. The lugs make most of their watches retarded on the wrist and you should really go try one on before ordering anything.

it's mostly the latter. They were a wt (and every watch blog/forum in the world) darling for a while, but their prices have gone up a lot since and their style feels a little played out at this point.

And their lugs are bad.

The only genuine criticisms of them are their target audience and designs. Their movements are great, my hope is that they are using the Reddit types to fund.their fledgling watch company and will transition to something more interesting once they are more established. But they can keep on keeping on in my eyes.

Good evening /wt/
Nice to be back

t.Range ban on my country ended

This bastard eats through batteries

What would they even turn into, though? All of their watches look like that.

first of all quartz watches are a jewish trick. Second of all buy better batteries.

which country is that? Why did it get range ban?

I don't know. Maybe introduce a new case, dial design and complication into their line up. There are a lot of options they could take. As long as they realise they aren't pigeon holed into one type they are fine. I mean Patek Philippe prototyped a smart watch, anything is possible.

where could a buy that beauty? any legit seller you recommend?

Finland, supposedly jonnes spammed some shit all over the board in a ylilauta raid.

I bought it on a trip to (ex)soviet union, you can get one off ebay.

>any legit seller
>for a not legit watch
?

Ehh, its worth its money. Nearly impossible to find a nos piece at a reasonable price.

LMAO a fucking shitter subscription service!

Hows that parnis treatin ya? Ebay and was it lubed?

>several on ebay in the same price range with few to no defects
?

There's a bunch of nice looking ones but with this really odd looking red second hand.

What do you guys think about the IW5009?
Thinking of buying it or the YM2.

Shittiest watch Rolex sells.

>majority of originals don't come with red hand
?

But isnt the IW5009 just too expensive for it just being cult and 46.2?

its too big, too gaudy, looks like shit, and it costs too much for what it is. If you like it don't let my comments dissuade you but I promise you that watch cannot be worn in good taste.

Not quite. It is pretty bad though.

What would you buy for $10k-15k ?

what the fuck is that

looks too fucking big

calatrava or saxonia but that just my style. A no date sub would be better than that fucking yacht master.

depends on your size

Tacky nouveau-rich bait

Is this fucking crazy town? what is going on here?

that guy is 6'6" and has a massive frame and it still looks too big and thick.

Cooper has it and it fits him?

too simple

He's wearing it on his hand you plebbitor scum.

wat?

I mean those with original dial. The one i posted has a new dial. I got it for 20 bucks, ones with nos original dial are rarer and more pricey.

Looks like a perfect sized watch

What watches are good for a 6" wristlet?

Everyday i get angry that my dad had one of these and when he died mysteriously dissapeared in the house of the woman he was living with

I always love the
>F
>R
> I

> nouveau-rich
Nah. Target audience will be Arabs or idiots with money such as rappers or boxers.

Ghastly.

Want this so bad but it's 42mm

Anyone know a watch with white dial, blue hands, Roman numerals in a gold case at 38mm or under?

No quartz btw

>What would you buy for $10k-15k ?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionelle Small Seconds in grey.

Those are so nice.

Too bad Seiko makes it impossible to navigate their domestic range without speaking Japanese.

>Getting pleb-caught by IWC

>Too bad Seiko makes it impossible to navigate their domestic range without speaking Japanese.
seiyajapan.com/products/seiko-dolce-quartz-sacm171

just buy it off seiya

link pls

Sry thought you were replying to something else.

>33mm
nope
>nice
yes

No, I mean there's no English-language catalogue for their domestic range.

I know how to find specific models, but there's dozens of them, and I'd prefer to look at them all.

The only people who can pull those off are cold-sea fishermen, strapping it over their jacket sleeve.

And any watch would get beat to shit on a small fishing vessel.

apart from casio and timex, which other cheap brands (under 50$) are worth getting?

>big-dial
That's the opposite of good for a wristlet.

It is 34mm. I have watches around that size with big dials and wear them fine with my small wrist.

Who's getting one?

Darn, wasn't able to find this. Thanks, user.

Man he really got butthurt when TGV released his watch.

This is my most recent acquisition, I got it used off the ebay and it had a shitty leather band that I still need to replace but asides from that and some minor scratches on the crystal it's in pretty good shape

Want a new everyday watch on a bracelet. Needs to be

enjoy your standard wt recommendation of SARB033/SARB035

I must admit I do like the design but with the amount hype these watches receive I would not buy one. I'm relying on someone to have something else in mind.

Just pick something you like from the chart on the wiki.
What did you think of the Orient Star posted earlier?

Yeah I don't mind the Orient however it reminds me too much of the SARB. Which wiki are you talking about?

skx013