Well?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

supporters.eff.org/shop/laptop-camera-cover-set
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbins_v._Lower_Merion_School_District
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/10/08/woman-films-her-spying-webcam-as-it-talks-to-her/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I unplug it internally, you stupid nigger.

no because im not some tinfoil hat-wearing shit eater

this
but put an ubuntu sticker on it because it feels wrong without a tape

> implying you can't access webcam trought bios backdoor...

I have blacktape over the selfie cam on my s8+

Mine is white, people always ask me what happened

racist much?

This is the funniest shill post yet.

``McDonald's''

getting more retarded post by post

No, I trust disabling it from BIOS is enough.

No. I don't use Windows.

>have X220
>friends notice the black electrical tape that's perfectly positioned over the webcam and doesn't stand out at all
>they always joke about my "paranoia"
>"hahaha le NSA isn't looking user"
>"hahaha so useless don't you also tape your phone webcam?"
Fuck these faggots I hope they all get waterboarded

Try to write something to delete all your replies.

FUCK YOU RETARD

it is fucking useless you cunt
no one fucking cares about you

t. Cuck/Nigger

No.
I just blacklist the v4l linux module.
The chink hackers don't have access to the ring -1/-2 backdoors and NSA already knows what I look like, so there is no point

why would I have a webcam you fucking downy

they can look through my cam all they want.
all they're gonna see is crying and masturbation.

what an intelligent and thoughtful post

run off to Sup Forums where you belong

Would a chad cover his webcam?
Serious question.

could you go RP as a sensitive lefty someplace else?

Nope. Because it gives me a thrill to know that some poor schmuck out there working for one of the various ABC agencies has to sit and watch me jerk off furiously 4-8 times a day.

What's even better is I'll set the camera to automatically turn on at the highest bitrate and resolution it can handle so that any/all videos taken of me jerking it are in 60fps 1080p uncompressed and taking up a fuck load of space.

stop replying to obvious bait dumbass

Of course. I don't want to give the CIA niggers another way to spy on me

how did I seem oblivious to it being bait you absolute mongoloid

>merely pretending :^)

I said it was RP didn't I?
am I being baited right now? you can't be this dense

Good goy, tape over that useless webcam.
But leave your microphone perfectly functional so we can listen in on you and everyone in the room.

Even the normies at work cover them with tape. Mine doest even have a cam, feels good desu

I de-soldered mine from the motherboard and put a resister there in stead to prevent noise pickup from giving me away.

I use GNU/Linux.
Must I fear webcam spying?

>buy t520 that doesn't come with the webcam
>everyone ignores my existence regardless and never looks at my laptop

>thinking someone cares enough about you to spy on you
lmao

>gets baited
>asks if he looks baited
kek

Unless you're using libreboot there is a processor backdoor. So yes.

Are you trying to impersonate a Chad ?

Tape and a triple folded post-it.
I removed the internal mic. But getting at the cam was just not worth it.
I've considered making it a very small piece of black paper to mask the blockage. But why bother?

>Pasty white inbred cracker

Do you cover your mic too?

?

On the topic of tapes, what tapes are best for removeability? Electric tape leaves a sticky goo behind

he is a legitimate target for espionage, both from state and non-state actors. You are not. If you do it you are excessively paranoid, he has real reason to fear being spied on.

I hope so user

wait whats the tape on the side for?
Covering USB portS?

I don't want to die

Better safe than sorry.
Fingerprint scanner I think, but I don't pay attention to apple products.

>tfw majority of people here have tape over the camera
>even non cs students

It's not the webcam you should be worried about, it's the microphone.

Much harder to notice someone using it remotely (no light like on most webcams) and it can actually be used to spy on people unlike low shitty quality webcam video in a dimly lit room that only sees your face.

>having a webcam

I believe there's a dual mic system in place for macs. One near the webcam and another near the speakers.

>Haha user why do you have tape on your webcam are you paranoid?
months later
>Oh my god user did you hear about the NSA?

Tape? No.
I use the Laptop Camera Cover Set from EFF.
supporters.eff.org/shop/laptop-camera-cover-set

No, I'm not using exploitable ChromeSHIT...

Are there any new Cherry clear keyboards on sale for under $100?

I like using gaffer's tape. It's easy to tear and leaves no residue. I wrapped it around my camera tripod legs because I use it so much.

>go to device manager
>disable webcam

Wow that was hard.

Just recently, yeah. I would go in and disconnect it and the microphone but I tend to use it for streaming PUBG and other games.

>Nothing to hide shill

No, man. It is a good thing to do. Disable it in BIOS, disable it in your OS, cover it up or better yet disconnect it internally.

no, my laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam.

underrated post

"they" just could turn it back on.

I use Manjaro Linux, and only at school. I don't have a webcam on my pc

> You are not.
How would you know?

No, I keep it under my desk. I don't care if it captures my daily farts.

>have both mic and webcam unplugged physically from motherboard

Try doing that with your Macbook without voiding your warranty. :^)

You mean, by unscrewing 10 screws and unplugging 2 things

Also if anyone wants pictures of underage girls, drugs, or non perscripted medicine just reply with your email. Don't be so paranoid guys!

>A word is not racist, only when used to create a real world disadvantage to someone solely based on race and not based on a quantifiable disadvantage that is naturally occurring.

i disable it in the bios, why would you tape it?

>Phone webcam

No, pls.

but a mic can pick up sound even through tape. It's like magic.

>It appears this device has been tampered with by someone other than our Appleā„¢ Certifiedā„¢ Technicians and as such your warranty will be void

Everyone is a target for state espionage user, you should know that by now.

>It appears your geniusbar fuckfurters don't actually know how to repair, and as such won't fix it in the first place but try to overcharge a replacement when I can hit up beetstech and get the parts I need and do it myself because fuck apple repair

>trusting the bios
>believing the firmware
>confiding in basic electronic components
>placing your trust in the laws of physics

Ahahahahaha

Chad doesnt give a shit about technology. He buys the most expensive notebook he can find so it maches with his expensive car and suit. If it happens that videos of him fucking sluts leaks online, he will post links to it on his facebook and will brag about it to everybody around him, laughting his ass off about how nerds spend days implementing backdoors to see him banging chicks if all they had to do was to ask him if he will fuck their gf while they will fap quietly in the corner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbins_v._Lower_Merion_School_District
relevant

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/10/08/woman-films-her-spying-webcam-as-it-talks-to-her/

if i tape it then how am i suppose to sext with my gf?

I unplug my camera when I'm done using it on my desktop, but yeah I have it covered on my laptop

I used to do it. I don't care so much anymore.

>I installed Linux, so none of my hardware works. Checkmate NSA.

Implying I even have a webcam.

Yes, I use Duct tape w/ marker on it, then transparent scotch tape on the duct tape that blurs any like coming through the marker and duct-tape in case someone has a camera for getting through that stuff if there's any transparency where someone can somehow lighten the picture precisely and see me, the whole thing becomes diffused as well as the second layer holding the first down.

I can't even tell if you're being serious or not anymore

Da gubbermint nd spocky hakrz cn se mee throo da duck taep bcuz dey hab speshl sofwer 2 se mee throo suck taep. But legit I actually just like the satisfaction of overkilling w/ taping the camera, nothing they can do can beat my duct tape and you only made me use 10% of my power.

That's what I figured. Covering cameras protects against random people from looking in on your shit too, not just those in power.

Yeh I'm actually not concerned w/ the government getting my info or anything, like I'm fine w/ them seeing my stuff if they're protecting us and I honestly respect my government. I really only do it because I've had people I work w/ try doxxing me like 1337 4n0n h4x0r5 and I know that random people do that kinda stuff, the government thing was just part of the joke.

To each their own, I suppose. I don't think I'm a target for some alphabet agency, but honestly anything to make getting into my life or data more annoying is something I'd happily do

No
Not even the NSA would want to watch me ;_;

Yeh, understand that and all. I think everyone should run a VPN and tape their webcam (or there should be more computers w/ Webcam covers like some All-in-ones from HP or smth) and my job, though mainly API development, involves Whitehat stuff to some degree so uhhhhhhhhh iamverysmart and know what's I'm talking about thank you sir.

>retards think that a piece of tape would stop the feds from brutally assraping them.
If they want you they would have already had you in a dark room tied to a chair friendos

Boi

(You)

What the heck were you tryna do there, Newfag~kun?

i use linux
the webcam doesn't even work

Works for me, maybe you're already rooted

nice