When Are We Going to See the GTX 1100 series?

Also, just a general complaining thread about miners and GPU prices. Everything is over priced except maybe the 1050ti, and even then, you run the risk of dropping $150, only to have the 1100 series come out a few months later. What do you Sup Forumsuys think? Anyone think the 1150ti is close?

Other urls found in this thread:

devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Q2 2018.

Soon, but we'll surely not see a jump as big as Pascal. Volta has tensor cores that waste a ton of space, and the process change isn't as drastic.

I heard the 1100 series will be far more power efficient than Pascal.
Regardless, they want to have 5000 cuss core chips so they are gonna be faster than Pascal with that alone.

>I heard the 1100 series will be far more power efficient than Pascal.
No, it's bigger dies with moar ALUs.

Never. It's going to be GTX2000.

> bought 32GB of ram for €99 2 years ago
> bought GTX1060 6GB for €249 1.5 year ago
> bought 512 Gig SSD for €140 2 year ago

tfw I saved €300 by not being a waitfag™

pic related: waitfags

devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/

>The new Volta SM is 50% more energy efficient than the previous generation Pascal design, enabling major boosts in FP32 and FP64 performance in the same power envelope.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

>GTX 1060 75w equivalent

Th only thing that you saved a bunch on was the RAM.

That would be nyce.

No. No GTX 1100. It will now be a NVIDIA GEFORCE X10

I gotta give kudos to Nvidia. They don't sit on their asses. Unlike Inlet.

Sounds lame.
Making better GPU is significantly easier than making better CPU.

What if they skip the whole 11-19 series and go for 20 series?

never, they have literally no incentive to do anything unless AMD's pajeet unit releases something worthwhile or 4k becomes cheap.

I don't think consumer Volta is going to have tensor cores.

is gtx1070ti going to be a miner only card? I was hoping it would be a 1070 equivalent power sipper with 1080 processing but the specs make it seem like a memory gimped 1080 for mining. What do you make of it?

Consumer Volta is more ALUs.
That's it.

probably

I'm sure that Volta X50 Ti will be a best seller.

AMD wise.... is there any chance Vega will get better with drivers or do FreeSync users literally have to wait another 18 months for AMD to not fuck up?

Not before AMD rolls out their vanguard improvements to the mainstream driver and what we see in dirt 4, civ and forza 7 becomes the norm for vega (plus more performance for general refinement).

>11xx series
>not 20xx series

never, it's going to be 20xx. also it will be not much better for gaming than 10xx