Where would you guys go for summer holidays 2016 in Asia?

Where would you guys go for summer holidays 2016 in Asia?

I've already been to South Korea and loved it
I'm currently torn between Mainland China, Taiwan and Japan

Don't know how long I should stay if I go
I was thinking about maybe doing a 4-5 week Mandarin program in Taiwan if I go there

Other urls found in this thread:

berkeleyearth.org/air-pollution-overview/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Fragile_States_Index
findmyfavouriteteacher.com/Portuguese-teachers-tutors/country=124&country2=Macao,_(China)&state=any&city=Macau.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freedom_indices/Iran/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence
freedomhouse.org/country/kazakhstan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thailand

Not really interested in sex tourism desu
I mean, I can just turn on Tinder in any country which is basically how I got through SK

>European part of Russia
>Asia

>desu
Wait what's with this filter? I hadn't posted here in ages, didn't know this was a thing now

All part of the Mongolian plan

>European part of Russia

You must mean Königsberg?

Don't go to mainland China, its a shithole. Seriously.

Go somewhere in Japan (not Tokyo).

IS for joining my fellow mujahideen

There's still lots of shit to do in Thailand other than being a beta cuck that has to pay for sex.

With that said I'd recommend some time in Vietnam. Start in Saigon then slowly make your way up to Hanoi (or go north to south). There's a lot of stuff you will be able to do/see on this trip, so definitely 10/10 would recommended.

Since you said you liked Korea, I feel like Japan or Taiwan might be a bit better than the mainland.

I spent a month in Iran this march and it was a blast.

If you're not into that and you just mean east asians, I would recommend Japan since you liked South Korea. Not sure what's in Taiwan that could be attractive to be honest.

>Don't go to mainland China, its a shithole. Seriously.
lmao that's part of the attraction

I want to go hang out with construction workers and drink cheap baijiu and have chronic diarhea from the gutter oil food

I'm just fearful for my gains as there probably won't be any western style gyms. Also the visa is a bit of a hassle, don't need a visa for any of the other countries

Thailand
>Bust nuts in ladyboy butts
Maybe Iran, I know people that live there so accomodation wont be a bother.
I

HK+South/Southwest China is awesome.

Pollution is way less than in the North. It's comparable to SK actually.

I'd avoid summer though. Go in the winter.

>Pollution is way less than in the North. It's comparable to SK actually.

Sounds good, I didn't experience any pollution in SK

Iran

>I'm just fearful for my gains as there probably won't be any western style gyms. Also the visa is a bit of a hassle, don't need a visa for any of the other countries

Tier one cities in the South have 10,000+ Europeans in each. They are arguably as nice as Portugal.

Guangzhou is a great city. It's within one train ride/3 hour drive of some great mountains and the most picturesque (actually authentic) part of China. It's called Guangxi Province.

Iran is more restrictive than China and could go to war any day.
And not many Western stores, shops, food, or gyms.

Sorry but that's the truth. Lots of Iranians emigrate because of that.

>I didn't experience any pollution in SK

You must've been veryyyyyy lucky. SK has bad pollution relative to Japan (which is worse than America/Germany/Sweden).

SK is like China in 20 years. Like a tier one city in China.

>Since you said you liked Korea, I feel like Japan or Taiwan might be a bit better than the mainland.

DESU Taiwan sounds like it would be even better to work but I can't find any jobs there which is why I'm lookinginto language programs
I can stay for a longer time and at reasonable costs

WHY???

Iran is so instable and restrictive.

At least China/Russia/Japan doesn't have sharia police beating the shit out of gay people and those who read English magazines.

>Iran is more restrictive than China and could go to war any day.
Better reason to go there before Hillary bombs the shit out of Persepolis.

>And not many Western stores, shops, food, or gyms.
I never understood people who wants to travel to see western stores, shops, food, or gyms. Not having those (except the gym) should be a good thing, not bad, if you're a tourist.

Iranians emigrate because they have to live there, but I seriously doubt OP wants to live in China.

I really didn't notice any difference compared to most European capitals
Also always saw clear skies etc

But I've never been to Japan so I can't compare to that

Macau likes Portuguese people.

Expensive, although less than it was 2 years ago.

I was there just a week ago. It is very stable. In fact it is safer than france

Turkey is EUROPE
not asia

Iran is the most stable nation in the region familia. And the sharia police thing is a meme if you're not iranian, de facto it doesn't even exist for the tourist outside of irrelevant shit like the headscarf.

I don't mind any of those except the gym

>muh gains

I was in Korea for nearly 3 weeks without lifting and getting wasted everyday on Soju and other local liquors, going to bars, clubs and tinder dates

When I came back to Portugal everyone thought I had been sick or something, I lost sooooo much weight

Ever since then I make an effort to work out when I travel, even if it's shitty poorly equiped hotel gyms

Yeah I hear Macau is only good for like a 2-3 day stay tho
I know plenty of Macanese people and they complain about how boring it is, they all go to HK on the weekends

I guess if I go to HK I'll drop by Macau

we're not yurop we don't share culture we don't speak an indo yurop language we're asian

> t. a guy from Greece
Dude... Aren't you supposed to hate the T*rks ?

Japan but you'll love Taiwan more if you want more relaxed Chinese culture.
Also taiwan has more cheap foods compared to Japan and more cleaner too than China.

EEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEE

DOMBRA

Cambodia bitches :DDD

>we are unironically going to invade Iran in 2 years

FUCK MY FUCKING """""DEMOCRACY""""

>I never understood people who wants to travel to see western stores, shops, food, or gyms. Not having those (except the gym) should be a good thing, not bad, if you're a tourist.
It is a good thing at times, but is extremely inconvenient if you are going to live there for months.

You can't really see all air pollution.

China's actually way better than it was in the 90's for air pollution. It's just that their 400 million cars and trucks have created visible smog.

SK has mandatory carborators so you don't see as much smog.
But they have average-bad air pollution.
berkeleyearth.org/air-pollution-overview/

I'm pretty sure one of my hosts in Tehran specifically mentioned going to the gym and I saw several fit people. Including the typical fit as in your typical dude who doesn't really play sports but lifts, I'm sure you understand what I mean.

People in that country is obsessed with their looks so I'm sure they had gyms. In fact I'm sure all countries in the world have gyms. But I didn't bother to ask more, I don't lift when traveling.

u wot m8

Screw your anecdotes

Uhhh source?

What did you even say

It's also way less diverse and quite boring compared to the Mainland IMHO.

>extremely inconvenient if you are going to live there for months

What kind of tourist does that? Of course there's massive differences between good places to travel and good places to live/work. I probably wouldn't visit Canada for tourism, but I would gladly work or even live there for a long time.

on mobile fuggg my post was for grek poster

They have gyms

Come here and I'll let you suck on my cute feminine dick.

The Portuguese guy is indicating a month long stay. Or longer

He was talking about working a job.

I could also do the Mandarin exchange program in the Mainland but...

Fucking Visa needed to be requested 3 months ahead of time. Fucking Visa requirements man....

I've also had some job offers for mainland china but can't get a work visa because I didn't finish uni. It's so frustrating...

Source is that I was there a week and the police stopped a series of ISIS bombings before they even happened. And what is that chart showing?

Iran performs well in olympic weightlifting, so I imagine good gyms exist there.

The entire world does. Even the ISS does.
Your point?

Well it depends

Wherever I go I'd like to stay as long as possible. If I can apply for some learning program or if I can find a working holiday type thing, either way is good because it cuts down costs substantially

There was no point you dumb shit, I was just confirming what he said

>Fucking Visa needed to be requested 3 months ahead of time. Fucking Visa requirements man....
? I guess it's easier in America.

>I've also had some job offers for mainland china but can't get a work visa because I didn't finish uni. It's so frustrating...

You should be able to go there with a tourist visa and work an unofficial job maybe teaching Portuguese? It happens all the time with ESL teachers.

I can't see how your chances of a job improve in Taiwan/SK/Japan.

Maybe go just as a tourist and work oddball jobs.

He also said summer holidays 2016, can't be that long. A month is not really that much.

That said, I didn't see the job thing first and of course he's better looking for work at Taiwan than fucking Iran.

For OP, you should try to become an english teacher. It's the best job for travelling.

>Source is that I was there a week and the police stopped a series of ISIS bombings before they even happened

>my anecdote and state media

Okay user.

>what does it mean
Read my link...

I've heard that steroids are used a lot more often in the Middle East...

Okay. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Portuguese would be useful near Macau tbqhwyf

Tbh i always wanted to do a trip around fertile crescent and persia, around the ancient artefacts there.
I wantED

Yeah that's what employers told me "Just come on a tourist/business visa it will be fine" but I'm afraid I'll get ripped off or something

Lol, Iran as a fragile state. Very funny considering they are surrounded by fragile states and terrorists, but still not a single act of terrorism in the country.

And I had no anecdotes, literally stating facts

>I've heard that steroids are used a lot more often in the Middle East...

Yeah I think they're over the counter there

I agree, insisting that the Islamic Republic is on tenterhooks doesn't make it true especially when you consider that they are apparently a stable democratic state with an effective state apparatus which apparatus is precisely what westerners don't like about Iran.

findmyfavouriteteacher.com/Portuguese-teachers-tutors/country=124&country2=Macao,_(China)&state=any&city=Macau.html

You won't in Macau.

But then again, it's really hard to not get ripped off in Asia.

You need to do more research.
Go to

Iran is a fragile state user. Just because a lot of its neighbors are worse doesn't make Iram better.

Either look at the objective chart (endorsed by multiple Ivy Leagues) or believe your anecdote.

>And I had no anecdotes, literally stating facts
Willing to back that up?

>Iran
>stable democratic state

I can't understand you, what anecdote did I use? Do you even know what anecdote means?

/trv/ is a great resource, a lot of friendly constructive discussion there.

It's not really democratic, just like the U.S.

Is this bait?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freedom_indices/Iran/

***Waiting for Laos to post***

I was in Thailand and did not dicked or touched anyone and did not came for that either.
Indochina has an own amazing flair in its cities, some great architecture and museums with art, the thais are ridiculously open towards foreigners and they have wondrous beaches with corals and shit and also cool jungles with ruins were you can go through and see elephants.

DESU I want to go to Kazakhstan and Tuva and Mongolia too but it's so expensive

>what anecdote

>Source is that I was there a week and the police stopped a series of ISIS bombings before they even happened

>what is an anecdote
What you used.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

From Webster
noun
non-scientific observations or studies, which do not provide proof but may assist research efforts

Examples
This chapter provides anecdotal evidence from personal interviews, public hearings, and surveys.

Nothing to do here, unless you like nature.

My gf is lao we are going to visit when we can afford it

Cont*

Where is your source for Iran stopping ISIS bombings last week?

I agree. America is not a democracy. But we do have more civil liberties.

That is true

... and apparently that makes you a more sustainable system of government?
It looks to me like the Fund for Peace (so called) are making some rather silly assumptions about what constitutes a failed state.

lift weights
MEET ILLIYA ILYN

Hey, wait!
What's wrong with our freedom?
Oo

Start an opposition newspaper and find out

That's right, Illiya is not free to lift in Rio

INJUSTIÇA

Well, there is literally nothing to oppose. Most people here (including me) don't even know what is going on in the country because everything is kinda too stable (including economic decline, yes ._. ).

Apparently most of the stories your journalists get in trouble for are about the economic decline thing
freedomhouse.org/country/kazakhstan

>and apparently that makes you a more sustainable system of government?
Yes. Fool the sheep and you get acceptance. Look at China with their state media. Arguably as undemocratic as Iran. China isn't a theocracy with sharia police though so it is more stable.
>It looks to me like the Fund for Peace (so called) are making some rather silly assumptions about what constitutes a failed state.
Iran isn't a failed state. But it is unstable and easily brought into war.
If you haven't noticed their shitty economy and Saudi enemies.

How about you ask the Oligarchs to start sharing the oil wealth and invest in education.

>China
>stable
Chinese society is almost literally falling apart at the seams

That's strange. I mean, we have a news program on one of the major channels where the anchormen tell about shit our politicians do while roasting them hard.

If you loved SK you probably should go to Taiwan.
If you want to experience a very expensive version of SK/Taiwan you should go to Japan.
If you want to actually see something worth it and eat good food go to China.

>If you want to experience a very expensive version of SK/Taiwan you should go to Japan.

I mean.. SK was already expensive for me
Taiwan is looking pretty expensive too

I guess I'm torn more between Taiwan and Mainland china now

food in SK was very unexpensive, the Metro system was excellent and a bit expensive but was worth it.
Taxis were rather unexpensive.
Coffee shops were expensive...by Korean standards: I was there almost everyday because i was really depressed.
Clothing too is unexpensive.
Japan is a very expensive version of South Korea.
Portugal too is unexpensive and i want to go there way more than go to Asia because i like to eat and drink good shit.

Lol I literally couldn't buy any clothes because they never fit me. Which is a shame because they have a lot of cool stuff
Even a pair of sneakers I had to walk around a lot because usually they only carry up to size 275 and I was like a 300

And yeah, everything was accessible except accomodation.Accomodation and air travel is what makes these trips so much more expensive for me

Taiwan is a better environment to live, but you can experience everything there is to do in a week. Chinas the 3rd most visited country in the world, there's quite a lot of shit to see there.

Definitely not mainland China. Taiwan and Japan are both great if you liked SK, Hong Kong is pretty decent as well. Singapore is EXTREMELY westernized, most areas don't feel like Asia at all but there is a small sliver of unique culture here. Malaysia and The Phillipines are shitty and boring. Thailand can either be amazing or the worst experience of your life.

Mainland China is shit, don't go there

This.