Hi Sup Forums I consider myself a real techie. Wrote for Buzzfeed no biggie I'm just like anyone else haha

Hi Sup Forums I consider myself a real techie. Wrote for Buzzfeed no biggie I'm just like anyone else haha
So im looking for a new laptop and Im thinking a Macbook Pro will do everything right.

Why shouldnt I buy Apple? The quality is the best around. Everything else gets viruses and crashes all the time

If you can't figure out why an extra $100 for a computer at checkout pays for itself after viruses, then you should probably get out of the field

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-UX550VD/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont own a Mac but i gotta admit, that looks good.

That computer would definitely fit your use case of writing for Buzzfeed.

>apple
>botnet

Nope

Are you trying to deliberately make it look like you want to be called a shitty troll?

Sadly i'm poor, but the mac design looks pretty based.

You already know you want the fagbook pro, so just go ahead and get it. Nobody here cares enough to reeeee out over your consumer choices, user.

You probably want something to shove up your ass. People who do this like punishing themselves. For that purpose you would want something without as nice round corners, like a pineapple or a cactus.

>real techie
>Buzzfeed
>macbook
Those bait threads are starting to piss me off

Is this some big bang theory reference?

>Wrote for Buzzfeed
Fuck off.

>Nobody here cares enough to reeeee out over your consumer choices

Literally and factually incorrect.

and for god sakes man get a nice mechanical keyboard and an adapter so you can plug it into your macbook

it's a good laptop, i recomend you format the drive and install windows 10 then

Just buy a fucking laptop, any laptop. You like apple? Buy apple. And get outta my sight, nigger.

> great build quality
> 16:10
> quad-core i7
> AMD GPU
> Huge 76Wh battery
> 16:10 2880x1800 IPS
> Unix based OS
> Runs Linux or Windows just fine
Macbooks are the new IBM thinkpads.

Got a touchbar 2017 Macbook and can say, no, they do not run linux just fine. Audio is fucked, Wifi is shit, only runs on 2.4ghz, and range is terrible. suspend on lid close doesn't work.
So almost thinkpad

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>getting this mad over a laptop
grow the fuck up

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

Shoo Shoo botnet-zombie

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

Reminder that people who use Apple, are less likely to be virgins. Do you want to be a chad user? Or a virgin linux and windows user?

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

I use Loonix, but I still have 0 gf

Looking at the ports on the side, it's one of the new ones, which is an absolute pain to use

>SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

Just a bit. I don't like they removed the magsafe charger, and having to get dongles sucks.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

shoo shoo botnet zombie

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

Shoo shoo botnet-zombie

How to detect a newfag with special snowflake syndrome:
>Some say...
>Well, if you THINK about it Sup Forums then...
>I consider myself very tech-literate and...
>Admit that...
>As a CompSci/IT/Programmer/Coder I can confirm that...

You forgot
>Responds to obvious bait...

>Chromebook
>Doesn't get viruses and crash all the time
>Never lose data in cloud
>Touchscreen
>360 degree hinge
>Stowable stylus doesn't require charging
>$1000-2000 cheaper than MacBook Pro
>Lighter
>Better battery life
>Better cloud
>Better voice assistant

You'd have to be literally retarded to buy a MacBook Pro these days. Chromebooks even make better shitposting b8 on Sup Forums

This copypasta is hilarious. Almost all of these points are untrue and it was obviously written by an autist.

Just buy one of Asus' Zenbooks. Same design, better hardware, better display (res+colors), better peripherals, better/more connections/ports, better battery life, better cooling and all that at a lower price. And you're not locked into the Apple ecosystem or into all the other Apple bullshit. Just install Arch and everything will work OOTB...

Just an example:
asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-UX550VD/

>responds
I don't see myself replying there, do I now?
>implying I didn't just take over this thread for my own purposes.
Nothing personnel kiddo.

What's worse are the ones with touchbars. I was given one of those for work a while ago. When resting my hands, my pinky would rest on the escape button, sometimes causing me to lose work. I'm sticking with my 2015 Mac book or getting a Windows PC for my personal laptop unless Apple comes to its senses.

>Never lose data in cloud
What? People lose data on Google on a daily basis. Via user error, getting compromised, having it removed for whatever reason Google feels is right.

There are viable reasons, including apple, to not use Google.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

if this was accurate Blackberry would be on the right, dwarfing those two and making their charts barely visible.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

>Buy refurbished rMBP for ~$1300 dollarydoos
>Just Werkz great
>Think about getting out of the Mac meme to become a full time loonix user
Any laptop with a display and battery life as good as the rMBP costs more or hardware is even worse locked down then a Mac (hello Surface)

what the hell

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOT-NET ZOMBIE

pretty much this, first laptop i can start a chain of youtube videos on and it will play all night while asleep and still have 40% battery when i wake up.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

> Such low-tier bait
> 53 replies, 39 posters
The absolute state of Sup Forums Neue

Get cancer

Its better owning a Dell XPS 13 or System76 Galago Pro for linux support. If you only use Windows, then buy a Razer Blade Stealth. If you do not care about warranty, buy a Xiaomi Mi Pro.

Don't you have a glass of milk waiting for you to dunk Hawaiian pizza slices into?

Don't act like it ain't buzz feed approved, bigboy!

*Neu Sup Forums

t. German

This thread is shit anyway

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

This graph shows that apple is owned by older people because they don't understand tech.

And you don't understand statistics.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET ZOMBIE.

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE

SHOO SHOO BOTNET ZOMBIE

If you want to be stuck with what another member mentioned "fagbook" which I totally agree with then go ahead but understand that they are prone to attacks

Get that bullshit out of your head that they are cyber invincible

And fyi you can't upgrade anything in them you basically are stuck with the same storage you buy it with from the start.

Those meme screens are worth it

Shoo Shoo Botnet-Zombie

SHOO SHOO BOTNET-ZOMBIE