Arch Linux

What did we do to deserve pacman? Is there any other distribution that comes even close to ease of package management and package availability?

arch sucks

portage is better

hi illyaposter

Kill yourself

nixos

The only thing pacman did for simplicity was having two main repos: core and extra

Why can't more software just be the most obvious sane standard? It always feels like nothing is ever "just right". Except pacman. It's just so comfy.

portage

hi
rude

do archfags actually use their systems or just play with pacman all day

How's NixOS? Is it hobby/ricer-tier shit or solid as Debian? Is it easy to get used to? How's the package availability? I'm on Debian atm but curious about Nix.

you can install nix on debian to play with

@62817916
how does your father feel about this?

post elbows

what do you think

Are your parents and your other family members proud of you fapping to drawn fantasy characters, most of them being sexualized children? Will you marry your pillow with a cover of one of these drawn characters on it in a couple of years? Do you know that your sexuality is pretty fucked up, because you were consuming asian cartoon TV shows and what not while growing up and your brain connected these two things in your puberty? What is your road to recovery? How will your future look like? Are you playing poker here and waiting for mixed/augmented reality headsets to improve, so you can fulfill your wish of living in this cartoon fantasy? Have you never thought about yourself and your actions? I think it's time...

X B P S
B
P
S

>how to kill a thread, by confronting the weebs with the bitter truth

didn't read
dont reply to yourself

Based weeb destroyer

Hey man, a lot of us just like anime and aren't neck-beards that fap to lolis all day

FreeBSD's package manager is pretty comfy. Not to mention it's users are actually knowledgeable about the system and aren't all script kiddies copy-pasting commands they found on the Arch Wiki or Stack Overflow.

>a lot of us
[citation needed]

portage is autism(in the good sense); pacman just works. apt is for niggers.

Not him but I have to say great so far. Now running as main os on laptop. Everything works there is not as many packages as in AUR but the number is growing daily. Be sure to enable unfree packages. I'm a sysadmin and I really like having one conf file for everything. This or next weekend im moving my home server to nixos

V O I D
O
I
D

>*steals your package manager*

kys faggot xdd

Love void with all my heart, but there's still a lot of packages I wish were in the repos.

really really comfy