Now that Vega was a failure will Freesync die because no GPUs to power high resolution/framerates or will it migrate to...

Now that Vega was a failure will Freesync die because no GPUs to power high resolution/framerates or will it migrate to consoles?

Migrates to TVs and Xboners.

>open source tech
>die
>vega
>failure

intel is supporting freesync
consoles are trying to adopt freesync
it probably won't be too long till media players use it for variable framerate media

only nvidia is behind the times
like always

Nah, I'll be around for some time but I'd be good is they developed a superior version of it so it could still be cheaper than gsync but better at the same time.

>migrate to consoles
More proof that AMD is poverty grade tech that only poor college students use.

But... I use it and I'm not a college student. That means you're wrong!

VESA adaptive sync isn't going anywhere. It's an industry standard. The only question is how long Nvidia can keep Jewing their customers with GoySync before people refuse to stop paying for it, when all their other devices will be using the cross-compatible open standard.

>open source tech
found the problem

>vega
wew, I'm surprised

The new HDMI 2.1 I think it was is gonna have built in monitor syncing, so both AMD and Nvidia will be jewed out of money.

Why the fuck are you on Sup Forums?

>HDMI
Call me when it's DP.

AMD don't make much money out of FreeSync to begin with. It's not a standard unto itself, but simply an implementation of the the open standard. The actual "FreeSync" part is nothing but a fancy name for AMD's testing and certification process. Monitor manufacturers pay AMD to certify that their monitor works with AMD cards, and they get to use the FreeSync logo and marketing in return.

There are plenty of generic adaptive sync monitors with no FreeSync certification at this point though, and they work just fine with AMD cards. You just don't get to complain to AMD if there are any bugs or issues with the implementation, because it's entirely down to the monitor manufacturer to handle testing.

Nvidia on the other hand are making a fortune selling their proprietary modules to monitor manufacturers, which in turn adds $200 to the price of any comparable GoySync monitor as the price those companies pay is passed onto the consumer. That's why Nvidia won't support the open standard, even though they could do so tomorrow if they wished with a simple driver update.

AMD trying to do everything in software through drivers is the reason why Nvidia beats the crap out of them if your CPU isn't a

It's nVidia that relies on software for scheduling though.

Nvidia has a dedicated HW scheduler since Maxwell as far as I know.

They don't, it's all flushes and preemption.
STILL no ACEs.

Nope. Nvidia still to this day use a hybrid hardware/software system. AMD's driver overhead in DX11 has nothing to do with asynchronous compute or FreeSync, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up, other than to deflect from Nvidia's kikery.

Not to mention that the driver overhead situation is completely reversed in DX12, with being the ones having problems. Which is why you saw Vega kicking the 1080 Ti's ass in Forza 7 recently at 1080p, yet falling behind as you upped the resolution to 4K.

The Ti is heavily CPU bottlenecked at 1080p thanks to Nvidia's driver and barely outperforms the 1080, let alone Vega. Yet at 4K, with less emphasis on the CPU, it can finally stretch its legs somewhat, though still doesn't perform as well as it should.

AMD has lower DX11 overhead.
They simply lack driver-side commandlists implementation.

>Will the open-source a-sync die
What? A-sync is the future. You have to be a retard to think that the legacy way we used our flat panels, like CRTs, is anything good.

AMD needs to invest into non-third world drivers team

Intel uses freesync, fag. Intel hates nvidia too. If anything is gonna die, it's gonna be nvidia first.

>t.leather jacket connoisseur

They are not going to bother with legacy tech now.