/hpg/ Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
>Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fffansubs.org/?p=4814
nyaa.si/view/486767
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wew

>bulge
trap

Why are we letting this footfaggot create /hpg/ threads?

Degenerates will be degenerates

>Budget: 100-150 USD
>Location: Texas
>Source: Primarily an LG G6
>Type of headphone: In ear
>Comfort level: high
>Sound signature: V or boosted bass
>Past headphones: Klipsch Reference S4, ATH-M50, Technical Pro HPT990

The picture has a girl wearing headphones. Who gives a shit.

>t. footfaggot sympathizer

No, just not an autist. I couldn't give a shit what picture is used. That's not why I'm here friend.

People who are expecting a blue board to be safe for work.

Tell that to the degenerates unable to cope with non-anime /hpg/ threads :^)

Thoughts on Fostex TH-X00s?

They're equally as bad

Oi! you're supposed to be working lad

nice

Stop posting feet, faggot.

>That's not why I'm here friend.
I'm here for the feet
OP doing god's work
kys

Suck more cocks you trap loving footfaggot

I could suck a trap's cock and still be more of a man than you

>Could
You're already already doing it

What's a good-sounding, easy to drive open back headphone? I want something I can run off a bluetooth receiver.

akg k1000

Nice footpussy

what did he mean by this

dt880 btfo

The anime girl has a nice footpussy. Can't you read?

>Girl

pussy on her feet? where?

Ath-ad1000x

I need a dac, my budget is $3k.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

oppo sonica
rest goes to hookers&blow

Who else /complementary/ here?

Going to listen to this soon and let you know if it's any different m8

Great. Also comment on the new volume knob.

Great choice, the 702's were my first real headphone and I loved the soundstage and detail on them. I always sell my old to to partly pay for something new. I haven't bought a new headphones since I got my 600. Well I bought a zs5 but that's different.

>spending 3k on a dac

I shiggy diggity

Seriously though, save your money and spend more towards transducers and amplification

It actually has a bnig scratch on it and I've asked schiit to send me another one lel. You can't really see it from most angles so I I'm not bothered really. Being bigger looks better to me but it actually feels smoother than the magni 2 knob. With the magni 2 if feels weird trying to be precise while turning it slowly fi you know what I mean? this one is much better in that regard. Still similar though.

Surely he's taking the piss?

>It actually has a bnig scratch on it and I've asked schiit to send me another one lel.
of course it does, do you expect anything less?

Go away you fucking autist

No way, faggot. I'll spend my money the way I want. Just spend $2k on reference-grade audio cables and holy shit, does it make a noticeable difference. The built-in anti-aliasing helps a lot.

Also that popping sound is different on the magni 3. The 2 made a single pop and this does some weird 3 pop. Not sure if it's meant to or not. I always leave it on anyway

stop being mad about how someone comes in /hpg/ every few days after getting their schiit and talking about how it has scratches or doesn't work

terribly reviewed dac no thanks
i already have my entry level end game speakers and amp, now i just need a dac. looking to go complete end game for dac since it will be the first time i am able to budget for something new and end game.
not me

Meant to say when you turn it on

>i already have my entry level end game speakers and amp, now i just need a dac.
you are a shit troll

I literally never see that when I'm here. Besides a scratch on the volume knob this unit is fucking quality.

>terribly reviewed
what

If that's the case while I still recommend not spending huge dollars on a dac, the benchmark dac3 measures beautifully and is also a preamp. I believe it's $1800.

I just wasn't able to part from my K702: I simply found it still awesome, even though I wanted to believe that HD600 was definitely better. HD600 may be more versatile and balanced, but K702 definitely shines in some music genres and in games.

The 600 is much better for most music imo but I can see why you kept the 702. That would probably be my choice as well if I bought a second pair for something totally different.

Cool. Knob is the main thing I'd like to have the magni3 for.
As for the 3x click thing, that's odd AF. The magni2 has a protection relay that clicks at some point... but you're hearing three clicks on the magni3? :X
The sound is still the same, hopefully. Both amps are supposed to be transparent.

I'm hoping it gives that little more and I've hear that it's supposed to be beter than the 2 but that's probably bullshit and not why I bought it. I'll report back in a few hours after having a few beers since I never listen to music sober. The test wouldn't be accurate, trust me;)

But yeah, the knob is really satisfying, I was jjust expecting it to be bigger (no homo)

The audio jack was off center on my 2 as well but the plastic is dead on with the metal face with this one. The gap around the volume knob is smaller as well so everything looks tighter and less sloppy.

Using ReplayGain is always a great choice. It has the same impact on sound quality as lowering the volume in Windows, which is usually imperceptible. I personally use the album mode with "prevent clipping according to peak".

There may be differences up to 20 dB between the average volume of two different albums, so using this tool is a must.

My uber 2 stack doesn't seem flawed in any way, No offcenter anything or visible scratches or the like. I guess I was lucky on that, at least.

Poorfag here
Any headphones under 50$ that you can wear outside?

Koss Porta Pro

Is the magni 3 good?

Japs love puffy pussies.

Yes.

z26 or mk5? what are the pros and cons of each, compared to each other?

im using skullcandy earbuds i got at the train station years ago.

ok cans, ive never ever used anything except in-ear (and those old walkman headphones in the 80s)
id like something bluetooth, with some kind of adapter i can use with my ipod classic to allow bluetooth
not too big and bulky if possible
also around $50 (is this possible?)
i listen to noisy crap like atari teenage riot
id also like them to 'cancel' out outside noise? (i spend a lot of time on the subway/train in a large city)
any ideas for a poorfa/g/? i appreciate any help you can give me.
p.s. id also be interested in earbuds that offer the same services

zs5/6 are pretty much the best budget iem available.

is there a huge/noticable difference between zs5 and zs6? any particular reason to get one over the other?

The zs5 v1 is the one I own and apparently the best, they changed it for some reason and the treble/highs are now slightly harsh apparently and they're now referred to as the v2. You can check which one you have by shining a light down the nozzle and seeing either one or two metal capacitors or whatever they are. The v1 has one and the v2 has 2 visible. The zs6 is exactly the same as the v2 but has a metal shell and it costs a lot more, but the price will drop if you wait. Basically it's a gamble trying to get the v1 zs5 now as I assume they aren't being made anymore.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

The ones you own. Post 'em, fagelot

mons veneris

I hope so

Finally tested a few of my usual songs and it sounds amazing. I sold my magni 2 a week ago so I haven't been listening to anything in that period but this new amp sounds amazing to me. It feels a bit more refined than the magni 2 and I'm noticing extra detail and the bass feels tighter, for example, I usually EQ 2-3db of extra sub bass but when I turn it off I instantly notice the clarity difference, but this amp feels clean as fuck even when it's on. Maybe it's just me, and this is only my opinion before autists start gang raping me. Either way, I couldn't be happier with it.

>I sold my magni 2 a week ago so I haven't been listening to anything in that period

I listened to a few songs over the weekend with my on board but it was shocking.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. You're so selling me on the Magni3.

Set them pics of my volume knob nd they're sending a new one to me from america. What is this meme that they have terrible customer services? must just be a few autists, the same types that dedicate themselves to hating the 600.

>post-purchase rationalization and expectation bias: the post
It sounds the same you knob.

This. You're just blatantly throwing around buzzwords and trying to come up with shit to pretend like the swap out was worth your time or money.

You may be disappointed and find out it sounds exactly the same as your uber though. All I can say is that it seems better to me and I didn't buy it for an audible upgrade.

I know. I'll be strong and resist the pull. I've had enough of spending in headphone stuff. Maybe next year I'll get the HD660S if it's awesome... we'll have to see the FR/distortion of that.

Like clockwork. I bought it for aesthetic reasons only. If it sounds exactly the same as the magni 2 then so be it. The 2 is an amazing amp.

>that it seems better
"m-money well spent guys!"

>I bought it for aesthetic reasons only.

Oh btw, did you ever watch Love Live?
Now, with the Magni3, it is a good time.

It's supposed to be a bassier 650 that costs $500 and if that's true I'm not really interested.

>The 2 is an amazing amp.
In what way? Are you going to throw around some more buzzwords you have a weak grasp on understanding? The Magni sounds no different to any other amp in its price range, the only real benefit it has over competitors is the extra power delivery.

I sold my old one and only had to pay £30 for the magni 3 what's the problem?

I've heard opinions like that, but I'll hold on deciding anything until I see at least FR, particularly compared to HD600.

>Oh btw, did you ever watch Love Live?
jesus christ please fuck off with your astonishingly shitty, entry tier taste

>The Magni sounds no different to any other amp in its price range

Fucking kill yourself you know absolutely nothing about audio. I don't know who's worse, people like you or the morons at head-fi.

It's ironic that you say 'morons at head-fi' while exposing yourself as being on the level of said 'morons at head-fi', pretending you can hear the difference between any and every piece of gear of the planet because it's a different piece of gear.

Can't wait till your next garbage writeup on how that new cable sounds. Really brings out the untapped power of the Magni 3, I'm sure.

Did we talk about this lol? I don't remember because I'm usually drinking when I'm here. I do remember saying last night that I don't really watch anime. I only like some studio ghibli films and a few other random ones.

You clearly haven't seen Love Live yet.
With the Magni3, it is an excellent time to start.
Like, fffansubs.org/?p=4814

You're assuming I'm the type that posts on head-fi. I used a couple of 'buzzwords' to keep things simple and you go apeshit like a retard. Cables are a meme and so are dacs for the most part. Fuck off.

>£30
>for amp aesthetics

>You clearly haven't seen Love Live yet.
i've seen love live and more anime than you can ever hope to in your lifetime, it's still shit and entry tier.

Or, because nyaa.se gave up, maybe this link is better: nyaa.si/view/486767

>You're assuming I'm the type that posts on head-fi.
Because you share the same retarded opinions as they do and appear to experience the same post-purchase rationalization, plus your chimping out right now is exactly the same as somebody on head-fi who gets called out on bullshit claims like you just have.

>more anime than you can ever hope to in your lifetime
So, you have *way* more than 1k series marked seen on anidb?

How is that a good complement?