Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.srsfckn.biz/
bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/Test/
files.jrg.systems/mpv-d3d11-x86_64-20171005-git-8cce5fb.7z
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv
wiki.archlinux.jp/index.php/Blu-ray?rdfrom=https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=BluRay_(%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E)&redirect=no#MPlayer
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray#mplayer
funtoo.org/Playing_Blu-ray
bambuser.com/v/6908002#t=5700s
nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/public-testing/latest/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues?utf8=✓&q=ios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop shilling this

why do you people talk about this same shit every single day of your life

Active development. Helping newfags. Discuss video playback related things.

what ravu shaders work with angle?

mpv is split into using CPU or GPU. Is there a way to combined both and split the workload?

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable GUI installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Windows Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/
Dev Snapshots: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files
WIP Vulkan-R2/+ra_d3d11: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/Test/
WIP ra_d3d11: files.jrg.systems/mpv-d3d11-x86_64-20171005-git-8cce5fb.7z

is there a reason this player doesn't have a ui? will it eventually get one?

why can't I right click? why can't I adjust a volume %

sorry MPC+madvr is still the high iq choice

You need IQ > 100 to use this player.

Average IQ of 98 need not apply.

Thanks for the answer, man.

>is there a reason this player doesn't have a ui?
it does have and OSC.
>will it eventually get one?
there a few frontends for mpv
>why can't I right click?
sounds like a personal problem. right click pauses and plays the video for me.
>why can't I adjust a volume %
volume +and - works for me

>is there a reason this player doesn't have a ui? will it eventually get one?

from the lead dev
>we like to leave GUIs to other projects (which can embed libmpv) because we don't want to depend on big GUI frameworks, or deal with them, or even handle general UI programming issues.
see github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv for such projects.

Onii-chan, why doesn't mpv have a built-in, finely tuned, anime preset so we don't have to copy/paste bullshit settings from people who don't know what they're doing?
Why don't mpv devs just give us a really good preset that doesn't make anime blurry?

>sounds like a personal problem. right click pauses and plays the video for me.
made my day
from what I can tell it wasn't made to be a player with a gui, mainly made so that others can embed libmpv but i could be wrong

what settings do you like?

Good luck, no matter how many times you help him he keeps asking the same thing everyday. He must have Alzheimer or severe autism

I haven't found them yet. I use madVR because it's dead-simple to get clean/sharp upscale of 720p content to my TV.

MadShill detected

Is there a way to run multiple instances on windows? also, how do you prevent this shit from closing after the audio/video has finished playing?

well, I cant help ya if you dont know what you like. Your best bet is to try different settings yourself.

Yeah, you double click the program/another file after you've already opened one, just like most Windows programs.

loop-file=inf
or
keep-open=yes

Can mpv be configured to use AACS library to read blurays?

It says that mplayer can so I'm wondering if its possible?

wiki.archlinux.jp/index.php/Blu-ray?rdfrom=https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=BluRay_(%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E)&redirect=no#MPlayer

Sorry that's in japanese, meant to link this.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray#mplayer

>stats.lua merged into mpv
neat

Does this help?
funtoo.org/Playing_Blu-ray

not at all. I prefer mpv for everything but anime. it just doesn't look as good and no matter what settings I try, they end up not looking as good.
I have. I've lurked in these threads for months. I'm tired of placebo settings that get thrown around here. hence, I want mpv devs to actually do something about it.

Get a picture of your anime. Upscale it with madVR to your liking and upload both here. Then we can suggest you some mpv settings.

More lewd kirino gifs, then we"ll help

BRRRAAAAAAPPPPP

Anyone got an XP build?

install gentoo

No thanks, I tried Lubuntu and fucking alsa stopped working after I changed the volume

>nice HDR work there we're just gonna steal-borrow it :^)
Classic jbk. At least they had decency to ask haasn to work on it.
bambuser.com/v/6908002#t=5700s

Also the talk has AV1 updates, bitstream "freeze" is coming soon.

y tho, isn't this what mpv is against? unironically bloat regardless of its size

not any more bloat than the osc
you don't have to build mpv with lua support

t. brainlet too retarded to type "alsamixer" in a terminal

bloat is a dependency on a heavy library like Qt and corresponding code in mpv, not a small external script that's entirely optional.
you guys really use the word "bloat" for everything

MPlayer masterrace!

A big thanks to who did the scanline shader.

>Kino no Tabi 2017

Just check the source code and it's really pleasant compared to vlc or kodi.
Debanding, dithering and ewa scalers are really great but the vulkan renderer is just amazing, you should advertise a little more about it on the mpv website. ;) Damn, a working vulkan renderer, that's awesome.

>(((HorribleSubs)))
why am I surprised, scanline faggot

I can understand scanlines for old pixel based content, but this is just full retard.

This is what the original series looked like.

Don't forget to add flyback whine to your audio. It definitely improves audial quality and makes it more crisper.

Well, I didn't expect scanlines to be present in the source of some old anime.

>tfw no mpv for iOS
VLC sucks

Is libplacebo the end of mpv superiority?

Does the latest Plex Media Player from here support vulkan and/or ra-d3d11?
nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/public-testing/latest/

>is mpv the end of mpv

>387.92
>Implemented improvement in full-screen Vulkan applications for 32-bit Windows swapchains.
>This optimization will cause more events that trigger an out-of-date swapchain, such as when entering or leaving full-screen mode (typically by pressing Alt+tab). Applications that do not properly respond to the VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DATE_KHR return code may not function properly when these events occur. See the WSI Swapchain section of the Vulkan specification.

I wonder if this will help at all with mpv?

You must be one of those idiots who just started watching anime a season ago, unironically gives a shit about subtitles and thinks Commie subs are good.

>I love CR encodes
the absolute state of Sup Forums

>thinking Commie re-encodes of CR encodes are better
Hi newfag.

>stats.lua got merged
Finally.

better than TV broadcasts in most cases and there's usually not many other easily available sources for a show before BDs are released

Is there any good HTPC style applications that use mpv? Somethign like kodi but with mpv?

>I can understand scanlines for old pixel based content, but this is just full retard.
I don't, like, I really don't know why I should do this, not meaning this offensive. Is there a rational explanation?

mpv actually supports iOS, e.g. iOS hwdec. You can compile it for iOS but seems like nobody built a GUI for it (yet?)
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues?utf8=✓&q=ios

No amount of encoding will ever make anime good.

Well... plex...?

t. ironic weeb

There is that, but I would prefer something less botnetty.

Plex is open source you dumbass.

Yeah but it relies on their web service.

Plex Media Server is proprietary botnet.

kodi-dsplayer alternative when?

Complaining about botnet while having an active connection to the internet is like complaining about Japanese cuisine while stuffing your face with Sushi.

which i was some kind of nerd to build that lmao

Why would you use a HT app?

>Complaining about botnet while having an active connection to the internet

yeah just stop caring about your privacy goy. it's not like you can do anything about it. wtf i love google now.

You can't, you dumbass.

Actually no, I take that back, you can.

You just have to live like RMS and send/receive emails like he does, ie inconvenience yourself in every way possible for absolutely no benefit because he throws himself into the spotlight anyway.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

Which is funny because at the same time they're implementing their own GUI toolkit using lua and libass

It was made to be a command line player. 17 years ago. Saying it was “made as a backend” or “made for libmpv” is nonsensical, libmpv is an afterthought at best; more of a “hey, I guess we could technically support this”.

Every mpv developer uses mpv directly from the command line, which is how it's supposed to be used.

Except that required no additional dependencies (libass for weebsubs was already there) and only very little glue code/extended API for the mouse stuff. Additional, it's a script in itself.
I hope you finally start to see a pattern: no additional deps and not part of mpv's main code. There's nothing "funny" about it as it doesn't contradict the quoted statement in the slightest. To the contrary: it's done like that to uphold this statement.

Literally everybody uses stats.lua and a good way of printing the file info was sorely needed for a long time anyway. It makes about as much sense to include as the osc.lua does. In fact, even more sense. (stats.lua is a keyboard-driven interface, not some clickan buttan gooey shit)

y-you're welcome!

won't advertse vulkan until rev2

rev1 has glaring issues that rev2 will fix; rev2 depends on advantage vulkan features that are buggy or unimplemented in most current drivers so I'm waiting for it to mature first

Because with Kodi I can have a little computer in my closet connected to a nice ips 1080p screen and I can control it from my phone or with a tv remote or something while relaxing in my bed. I like the quality mpv provides but it's hard to control remotely and doesn't have a 10 foot interface like kodi.

Getting rid of slave mode and replacing it with something better was one of the goals right from the start. It just took ages to arrive where we are today.
Depreciation of slave mode happened very early into the game but back then it wasn't really sure how to replace it. Different possibilities existed. In the end it was libmpv and it took quite some time again until we arrived at a point where the API is stable and can be used by other projects.
Along the road there was also opengl-cb that can be used by other programs to embedd mpv.

>I wonder if this will help at all with mpv?
Yes but rev1 currently can't handle out-of-date swapchains; you need rev2 for it. Honestly at this point I think I'll just merge rev2 into master and wait for the it to mature there instead; now that the latest nvidia driver apparently includes the bug fixes.

I'm using rev2 now, what bug does this fix? Will vulkan-async-compute work now?

Back to you pathetic weeb scum

you can use mpv with kodi

Is it through the external player thing? Does that support kore (remote control app for kodi)?

>I'm using rev2 now, what bug does this fix?
GPU hang when resizing the window
>Will vulkan-async-compute work now?
Dunno, test it?

>Will vulkan-async-compute work now?
Working for me now.

Still seems to crash for me.

>open mpv
>firefox crashes

>go to fast forward in mpv
>disregards your keybindings and adds 50 seconds
>want to hear the last sentence again?
>sure let me just replace the entire last minute of shit

>you want to monitor a security camera?
>Sure, just let me set a play speed of 95% so that in a few minutes the guy that is slitting the screen on your porch can have enough time to slit your throat before you see him breaking on on the screen. You'll appreciate seeing him enter your house as your world fades to black, right?

with each day, mpv turns more and more shitty.

PEBKAC

It's not working, sorry. I was using the bench profile.

>firefox crashes but somehow this is mpv's fault
>downloads shit releases with 50sec keyframes and is too stupid to turn on hr-seek
>sets the playback speed to 95% and complains about slower-than-realtime playback
how do you even breathe?

kys

Thanks!
I'll look into it.

>its like mpv is opening a shared library with exclusive read access, idfk. opening mpv crashes ff, but opening ff doesn't crash mpv..makes sense.
>probably was a shit release
>playback speed was set to normal. it builds shit up in the cache, even when the cache = none option and tiny cache options are set. speeding up playback speed only slows down the time sync issue, and will eventually cause it to reach end of file causing a lag of several seconds before video resumes playing
how much do they pay you to be so defensive?
its funny how shitty you all get when someone points out how flawed something is.

>its like mpv is opening a shared library with exclusive read access,
that doesn't make sense; and also mpv doesn't do that. Do you have anything to back up this claim?
>opening mpv crashes ff, but opening ff doesn't crash mpv..makes sense.
So mpv never crashes, but FF randomly crashes sometimes? got it
>probably was a shit release
Normal videos usually use single-digit keyframe durations. I just checked and>
>Youtube H264: 5 sec keyframes
>Youtube VP9: 5 sec keyframes
>Blu-ray remux: 1 sec keyframes
>Anime release (Horriblesubs): 5 sec keyframes
>Anime release (THORA): 10 sec keyframes
>Anime release (Coalgirls): 2.5 sec keyframes
>Movie release (sceneshit): 10 sec keyframes
Notice a trend?

Keyframes exist precisely BECAUSE it's only possible to seek to keyframes. So your shit with 1 min keyframe duration wouldn't seek properly in every other player either because every player implements keyframe seeks. mpv also has a way to disable it (hold shift or turn on hr-seek) but apparently you're too stupid for that.

>it builds shit up in the cache, even when the cache = none option and tiny cache options are set.
Sounds like your shitty cam stream's muxer fucks up the timestamps. My guess is you could probably fix it by using --no-correct-pts --fps ....

When I play a file and set it to fullscreen, mpv lags a bit and then it goes back to normal.
That's no problem, but this disables interpolation. How can i stop this?