Why is British humor so weak?

Why is British humor so weak?
Monty Python, the Holy Grail of British humor, is extremely hit-and-miss and pretty much only the popular clips on YouTube are worth watching, the rest is crap that goes on for too long.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/programagalofrito
youtube.com/watch?v=FBig5p0yBNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a big fan of Monty Python, but it's only considered the Holy Grail of British humor because of that movie they made about King Arthur.

I wouldn't expect a Brazilian to understand the subtleties of British humour.

explaining mpathg is my favorite pastime but you have to be specific
also very few people actually truly enjoy it, they just go along and laugh awkwardly

Tell me a brazilian joke.

>Brazilian anything

I thought Stephen Fry was the king of Brit humour? Or maybe Douglas Adams

>That flag
>This thread
Opinion discarded. This is what brazilians laugh at.
youtube.com/user/programagalofrito

A Portuguese, a Brazilian and an Argentinian are driving through the desert when their car suddenly breaks. João, the Brazilian suggests each one takes a piece of the car to help their journey walking back to the town.

Santiago, the Argentinian says: - I'll take the seat, so if I'm tired I can sit on it and rest.

João, the Brazilian says: - I'll take the radiator, so if I'm thirsty I can drink the water.

And Manuel, the Portuguese says: - Well, I'll take the door.

And both João and Santiago question Manuel: - The door?

Manuel says: - Yes, the door!!! So if it's too warm I can open the window.

monty python humor is le absurd. the only reason i watch it is because i grew up watching it. i don't think i'd have been able to enjoy it if i started watching it as an adult.

but there's more to british humor than that seen in monty python - the inbetweeners is at the opposite end of the spectrum, for example

I laughed
youtube.com/watch?v=FBig5p0yBNE

Because it doesn't translate well to the HUE language. Also becuase your uncultured mind doesn't know how to appreciate dry wit, the drull, and subtlety.

Life of Brian was much better than The Holy Grail anyway.

Peep Show and the Office are the best examples of actual modern British humour.

>Awkward: The Show I &II
>not The Thick of It

Outside of a couple of programs like Blackadder and Fawlty Towers, British comedy really only got funny in the 90s. Chris Morris, Alan Partridge, Peep Show, all that I like, but they hold up stuff like Yes, Minister and Only Fools and Horses as hilarious when really it's just half and hour of shenanigans and one or two clever witticisms. Nothing genuinely hilarious like Golden Age Simpsons, and their sketch shows can pretty awful, but I guess that's not limited to the UK.

I don't like most of their surreal stuff, a lot of it crosses into "lol so random" territory, but Monty Python is genuinely excellent stuff IMO.

It's not just humor, all British TV has terrible pacing.
Doctor Who is a great example.

Brazilian jokes make no sense. The punchline is always that Portuguese people are stupid, but they're the ones who dragged you kicking and screaming out of your jungle huts and taught you how to act like proper human beings.

All they did was fornicate with monkeys and ruin our chance at becoming a superpower.

>Monty Python
>The Holy Grail
Well keked, hue-non.

>Monty Python
>weak

Kill yourself, favela nigger.