THANK YOU BASED [X], [Y] IS ON SUICIDE WATCH

So now that I have your attention

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-will-no-longer-disclose-multi-core-turbo-boost-frequencies.html

I'm seeing a pattern of people reporting CFL having some trouble keeping their all core turbos, and this. My bet is probably Intel is harvesting worse dies that would normally get trashed instead, too keep up with demand.

tl,dr: Intel will only list base clock and single core turbo on their cpu's from now on. Die quality dropping overall maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GPgj0PC-W0&t=386s
techreport.com/blog/32661/just-how-hot-is-coffee-lake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Paper launch and binned samples to reviewers

They still accomplished what they set out to do, tamping down consumer demand for Ryzen even if at the cost of nuking gen 7 sales.

They know that perf with 10nm will be shit, so they're going to hind poor performance.

All-core turbo frequencies are the proprietary information of Intel® and attempting to divine our confidential metrics is a grave violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, U.S. Trade Law and a despicable act of Anti-Semitic blood libel. Intel® has only the highest standards of quality assurance and that should be more than enough for our customers. Please delid this thread immediately.

AMD will simply do a round of price cuts on Ryzen and it will be flying off the shelves all the holidays.
It's a lose-lose situation for Intel.

I really don't see them do that while Coffee Lake is in short supply.

That's exactly why they would do it.
No supply for covfefe yet cheaper Ryzen.
What will people buy?

Honestly they'd still buy Ryzen if the price is the same. As it stands Kaby Lake needs a serious price cut to be competition, but yet looking at prices overall they dropped a whooping 10€. That's not enough, people will either wait for CFL to be in stock, or jump to Ryzen if they need a pc now.

>or jump to Ryzen if they need a pc now.
Lower prices will make this sure.

They would, but again, does AMD really need it? In this scenario they can afford to pull an Intel: why lower our profit margins if the rival company doesn't have a competing product readily available? Yes, it's shit, but they're still a business in it to make a profit after all.

Because they want to lock as much people into AM4 as fucking possible.
They want marketshare, not margins.

>I'm seeing a pattern of people reporting CFL having some trouble keeping their all core turbos
Probably motherboard bugs.

>tamping down consumer demand for Ryzen even if at the cost of nuking gen 7 sales.
I'm not seeing any signs this is happening. I'm only seeing a lot of frustrated Intel fans who can't buy the CPU or motherboard they want.

Stock doesn't look like it's coming back until December, and cheaper motherboards until next year.

>cheaper motherboards until next year.
You mean the time were the 390 chipset is going to be released and make the z370 obsolete?

My current and only build was with a fx 6300 and it couldn't even keep a stable 60 with some sexy lady mods on skyrim. Whilst all my intel friends were having a blast. Should I trust AMD or go with intel this time round? I genuinely only play older games.

Amusing, I've got an A10 7600k and run 200+ mods, several ENBs, floral overhaul, the works. 80+ fps costant.
Sounds like some low quality b8 m8i

Are you playing special edition?

Nope.
Most of my mods won't work on SE, but when I tried with a solid 150-ish of my mods I was still hitting 90+fps constant

Any modern cpu will stay above 60. i5 8400 is a pretty balanced choice, assuming you find it in stock, and motherboards not expensive as fuck. If not, Ryzen should be able to do it as well, but in any case, it's bethesda's engine that does not play nice with amd cpu's. You won't see that kind of performance gap in other games.

Kaby Lake prices won't drop, they never do on older Intel CPU generations - so if they were to rapidly drop in price now then that'd be a first.

I'm not sure what Intel does with those older chips or why retailers don't slash prices to get rid of their inventory... but it is the way it is.

Regardless.. the new i3-8100, for example, is pretty compelling for it's price-point. It'd be dumb to pay more for a Kaby Lake i5 so good selling older generation i5's or i7's for that matter in the used market.

Ryzen 1600X happened to go on sale in multiple local webshops when Coffee Lake CPUs came in stock. Those "sale" prices will probably become the new normal. AMDs probably got their fabrication streamlined by now and they don't really have a choice since these new Coffe Lake CPUs pretty much beats AMD at every single price-point.

>1800x production costs+shipping:60-70 usd
AMD won.

8100 is good, only Z370 mobos are not.
Cofveve Lake is DOA besides one top SKU in its current state.

So, does this mean we can't force all core turbo on the motherboards like we used to? If the cores are so unstable that it would crash?

>a locked CPU with 2.8ghz clock and no HT

No, B360.

No it fucking isn't, it doesn't matter that the CPU is at $120 when the cheapest motherboard is $125

But it performs well

buy a 8700k and a decent mobo, it's gonna autoOC to 4.7Ghz allcores

this is what intelcucks believe

>But it performs well
youtube.com/watch?v=7GPgj0PC-W0&t=386s

>that thread name

it's true, they are pushing the full potential of every cpu for everyone. it's a hidden feature of based intel.

Sorry

>Intel is harvesting worse dies
This is pretty much impossible, but does Intel want to wage a price war against AMD? Doesn't AMD use their 4c CCXs in almost everything?

Congratz, you got shittiest CPU of this decade
Ryzen is helluva lot better, but do whatever you want

Well I wanted people to actually come discuss shit, this is about the best I could come up with, given your average Sup Forums poster.

>Make a thread about a particular topic, try to put a reasoned argument on the table, and get people to discuss how this could affect the current scenario
>Little to no replies
>Make a thread filled to the brim with shilling and fanboyism
>Bump limit before long

We know how binning works, dies that don't make the cut are either repurposed as lower speed cpu's, or entirely discarded. Intel might be trying to harvest as much as they can, either by pumping some more voltage to make sure the "weaker" ones work (like what AMD does to maximize the number of usable gpu's) or lowering or forgeting the speed targets.
The price argument is a very valid point though. We know how stupid efficient the binning of the Zen cores is. That's something Intel cannot compete with at the moment, and it's very likely AMD has the margin to lower prices and stab Intel a bit. But like I said above, I don't think they'll do it just yet.

Hope you can spend some extra on a beefier cooler to match

techreport.com/blog/32661/just-how-hot-is-coffee-lake

A 212 Evo-like cooler cannot keep up with 4.7Ghz on all cores.

Neither AMD wants to do it just yet. Covfefe is in such a shortage they probably want to wait and see if it really has that much demand and how much damage to Intel Inside laptops RR will do. I guess that they might get really aggressive with Ryzen 12LP.

but why would they do it on every cpu if the stock cooler couldn't handle it?

im killing my self

Just delid. I did it myself.last night on my 7700k, I'm now at 5ghz using auto OC with a D14 fans on medium temps max at 67c

>tfw got a new 1600 for 170 a few days ago
Feels great.

Do it Brian, it might help Intel in many more ways than you think.

1700 here, I wont even feel the use on upgrading for a good 4 or so years, but when the 7nm parts come out, im getting one just because I want to have a top tier system for as long as possible.

is this using integrated graphics?? Please answer.

The true pain will come from the raven ridge.

>67C because I dememed
FAKE NEWS

Isn't it wonderful how GaymansNextAss got that amazing binned CPU that does 70c at 5.2Ghz. It's almost like Intlel know who to send their goldens chips to.

No, looks like ~gtx1070

underrated

Kaby kek buyer's on suicide watch.
>can't use their current mobos to upgrade
>literally 6months to eol

forcing AMD to cut the prices is still cutting amds profits. So Intel did what it needed to do. Consumers win in the end and thats all that matters.