Is pic related the biggest meme going?

Is pic related the biggest meme going?
I've been using them since I was a teenager and I always hated brushing my teeth because there's a big vibrating piece of plastic in your mouth and even with the proper technique my teeth never got fully clean, despite how much dentists shill them for being more effective.
I just bought a manual toothbrush for 5% of the price and now I feel like I have way more control when brushing, and my teeth look way cleaner.

>manual toothbrush for 5% of the price and now I feel like I have way more control when brushing, and my teeth look way cleaner
100% true. Electric toothbrushes are good only for people with "weak" hands, aka kids or elders.

I was thinking of getting an electric air/water flosser because I hate manual flossing.

You shouldn't apply much force when brushing or you'll ruin your enamel

I know, gums too. When I said "weak hands" I meant force but most importantly control.

Never had a cavity since I've been using them. You're just retarded if you think you can spin bristles as fast. Are you too weak to control an electric toothbrush?

Implying of you could actually see your mouth being cleaner instead of a placebo effect

Have one, can recommend, one of the best purchases I've ever made.
I have very little space between teeth so manual flossing is difficult for me, bought cheap philips hand flosser and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. While this thing doesn't 100% replace flossing, it's much better than not flossing at all or doing it badly and ruining gums. I still floss manually once in a while though.

It's useful if you have porcelain teeth or denture etc. My father has to use this one in order to keep 'em safe.
I prefer manual brushing too, it keeps them cleaner if you know how to brush, I learned how to brush correctly at 20, I'm 22. Don't brush them too hard because I've ruined the enamel on one of my teeth and there's no way back :/

They are a retarded meme. Use a normal fucking tooth brush and brush your teeth properly. Throw it out and get a new one once the bristles lose their cleaning ability.

Electric tooth brushes are a Jew invention.

Faster doesn't mean better

I'm talking about bits of plaque left

I like electric toothbrushes, much more easier than the proper circular brushing with a manual toothbrush. You can just let it slowly glide along your teeth gently. You actually have to be careful not to dig/scrub with it though because it can make your gums recede.

but manual or electric, it doesn't really matter because the most important thing in the end is flossing while doing it properly (as in going deep underneath and around the gums, getting both sides thoroughly going up and down, not just sideways with the floss).
I end up getting mild gingivitis again if I stop flossing consistently, Maybe it's just because I eat too much chewy meat.

>ruining gums.
as in your gums bleeding or something? Because that's actually a sign that you need to floss more because your gums are getting inflammed from leftovers stuck inbetween. Your gums will stop bleeding if you floss regularly.

>floss
Why do people still fall for this meme? It has no benefits, and can even be harmful. Experts have been moving away from recommending flossing for a while now, you should be using interdental brushes instead of floss.

How about water flossing?

ok fine I'll look into that, I'm just not sure if even the smallest will fit (gently) through my teeth. Is it only suppose to clean around the gum/teeth interface and not between the teeth? Saying floss has no benefits is silly though, but I can see why interdental brushes is a superior alternative.

where were you 10 years ago?

I have the phillips sonicare essiantials. I could tell right away it cleans better than a regular tooth brush

>a big vibrating piece of plastic in your mouth
i'm too lazy to write out the joke, but you probably know where it's going

I have a sonicare, just move it slow over my teeth and gumline, and my dentist guessed that I have one, because my teeth are really clean, which "makes his job easier". werks fer me.

lies, it's more important than brushing. most cavities occur at locations floss reach.

I could name a couple of people in your family that like it faster.

You either suck at brushing or just never were taught how to do it. There is surprising amount of people who think that scrubbing your teeth left and right like in cartoons is proper way to brush.

You're not supposed to use electric toothbrushes before you become an adult you moron

But my dentist told me I'm a big boy.

We know you'd like to gobble my dogs privates, fucking furry cunt.

>believing in the dental jew

An electric toothbrush is like a "back massager"

You're not supposed to talk about the off-label uses.

I never understood the point of an electric toothbrush, it's not fast, it's not effective, it's just stupid.
I had one at some point whenever it was a fad, but didn't keep it for long.

Fuck off, if my spit isn't red after brushing my teeth, it's not a successful brush.

This.

>Is pic related the biggest meme going?

Probably. Water jet floss looks interesting though.

Great meme.

Ever met someone who uses one of these? Their breath smells like dog shit even after they brush.

ash trays don't smell like dog shit

What do ash trays even have to do with this you autist?

Because that's what a smoker's breath is like?

The thread is about electric toothbrushes. Go to bed.

But I haven't brushed my teeth yet.

You're on Sup Forums, you probably weren't going to anyway.

never ever reply to the advanced google shitposting bots.

Best brush

Supposedly these are good for gums but neither manual nor electric will clean spaces between your teeth. You should at least floss or better get one of those interdental brushes. Apparently, there are also water jet cleaners out there but never tried one.

Has anybody replaced batteries in those braun/oral-b brushes? Wonder if I should get a new one or some knock-off batteries.

Mine works ok still after ~2 years. I think there are guides how to replace them.

Electric toothbrushes make my teeth much cleaner than non. I've used a lot of both and the difference is noticeable immediately. I've never been a fan of flossing but have done it more recently at the request of my dental hygienist. I've got problem areas between teeth,around edges, that are extremely hard to fill if they turn into cavities that flossing seems to be the most effective at cleaning. I made the mistake of drinking lots of soda when I was younger and not keeping up with teeth.

How often do you have to charge it these days? Mine went from once a week to once a day in 3 years.

Once every second time I brush.

Just got braces. How the fuck do I clean between my teeth?

Sonicare or bust. I have a manual toothbrush at my girlfriends house, and brushing for 5 min with that doesn't even come close to the clean I get from 2 min with a Sonicare.

>Just got braces

b&

it's a fucking nightmare to use but works
to be honest I probably floss once every 2 days on average, it just takes too long

Thank you, I'll try and see if there's some around.

>Sonicare or bust

Seriously. That Braun thing looks like a gimmicky piece of shit, but I'll shill hard for Sonicare any day. It get's some serious just-came-home-from-the-dentist clean.

one of the biggest contributors to dental health is the flora that live on your teeth as well as the general acidity of your diet/how much sugar you eat. Also, more saliva is correlated pretty strongly with a lower rate of cavity formation. Dry mouth is hell and fucks with both your breath and contributes to shit tons of cavities.

This. I weep for the shitters who are using a manual toothbrush because they're too poor to afford a $20 toothbrush and have to chant their alt-right mantra to justify it.

Super floss like the other user said for cleaning between teeth and interdental brushes for cleaning between the wire and your teeth.

I use one, works fine for me. Just move it around on a third of each side of teeth set for a few seconds and you're good to go. Make sure to have good batteries so it spins in full speed.

>this thread
>phailips and brown shills and good goys
>no patrician Spinbrush users

Sad.

not him but i use an electric toothbrush precisely because I don't want to have to to the circular motion with a manual brush, im going to get arthritis eventually

ITT
>NEET faggot OP tries to get others to stop brushing their teeth so he can feel better about not brushing his.

i have a theory, these are actually vibrators disguised.

Didn't your orthodontist show you and give you the special floss? If not find a new one that isn't a lazy piece of shit.

Also, make sure to keep up your oral hygiene. I made the mistake of becoming lazy and permanently damaged my teeth. Anything hot or cold causes me incredible pain, and I've become very cavity-prone. I hope that they figure out how to regrow teeth soon, it seems promising.

> my girlfriends house
You don't belong here.

Toothbrush technology is fucking insane, they are always coming up with new stuff that blows away all competitors

How do you use this fucking this without spraying watery teethscum all over your bathroom mirrors? I get that you need to close your lips, but it's still messy when you try to do your front teeth.

Will ask chinkshit about this...

>brush me teeth from time to time because lazy
>actually like one brush for 6 months or so
>do a good brush
>spit literally from half a liter to a liter of blood, not trying to make a joke here
>mouth burns, gums burn for the next days

I did this a few days ago and I had a lot of cleaning to do because blood got everywhere.
I pity murderers who have to do cleanup.

How can I know if I ruined the enamel on a tooth?
Does it have an actual effect or is it just cosmetic?

>chinkshit for something that will touch water your mouth will touch

Enjoy lead/cadmium/mercury/photon/silver/uranium poisoning.

dude.. don't brush your gums too hard. Use a floss/interdental brush to more thoroughly clean underneath, but brushing should be as gentle as possible.
>Do receding gums grow back? Unfortunately, no. Once the gum tissue has pulled back and away from the teeth, it's gone for good.

Interdental makes my gums bleed, I don't have much space between my teeth, aside from some details, my teeth are pretty much close to being "perfect". Floss won't even go into most of my molars due to closeness.

I do brush a bit hard because since I take so long to brush again, a lot of plaque builds up at the gums. I've just kind of gotten used to the blood. Would scare people though.

Do you go to the dentist? If so, did they not recommend anything to you at all? Your gums bleeding is a clear sign of gingivitis (hopefully mild), don't just ignore it. Even flossing won't get rid of all plaque build up over time, routine cleaning at a dentist at least once every 6 months is pretty important, although in your case you'd probably want to do it more often than that until your gums stop bleeding.

where do you buy interdental brushes?

I once brushed one time a day for like a week straight and the bleeding diminished greatly. But I tend to drop the habit.

>Do you go to the dentist?
Not regularly, last time I went I had a cavity and I got it fixed, I was close to losing the piece though.

>Your gums bleeding is a clear sign of gingivitis (hopefully mild)
Is the amount of blood what says if it's mild or worse? Because it looks like a gore movie when I brush.

>routine cleaning at a dentist at least once every 6 months
I agree, that wouldn't hurt. Although, could that be done in home with some kind of device? What about those water picks or flosser or whatever?

>But I tend to drop the habit.
RIP

i dunno what to say, there's no point talking about water picks/flossers or whatever if you don't even have the habit of brushing your teeth. Keeping a habit of flossing your teeth will be even harder.
If oral health is just not important to you, then I guess that's that. Dentures are a thing anyways.

>RIP

If it is so bad, why am I 20 to 25 and only had a cavity and never used braces?

My dentist sold me a $40 (CDN) Oral B electric toothbrush. After using it I was immediately convinced because my teeth simply felt cleaner after using it. The auto 2 minute timer is nice for reinforcing proper brushing time.

Same here, Oral B is god tier

I use electric because I was brushing too hard with a manual.

Why do americans even consider using that shit

This. I stopped doing it when ai was like 8 and my teeth are still fine, better than most people I know at my age.

>despite how much dentists shill them for being more effective.
It's actually the opposite where I live.

This should explain the different opinions ITT.
From best to worth:
Detartring and professional brushing by your dentist
Manual brushing by someone who knows the technique
Electrical brushing
Manual brushing

Did you know permanent teeth are supposed to last a whole lifetime?

But they aren't giving me any problems right now whatsoever, what gives? Why would they magically start to fall?

Did cavemen brush their teeth? Nature wills it.

They are not tho, they wouldn't last much in natural environment.

>using a toothbrush at all
>not just scraping your teeth with your nails

I'm using electrical brushes because the motion required for manual brushing feels awkward as fuck.

It's not as white as other teeth and it's more prone to damages

I used to get a lot of cavities from poor brushing habits.

Now I constantly brush once a day before bed. But this part is critical : I thoroughly floss also. I firmly believe flossing is extremely important. Matter of fact I bet if a person never brushed but flossed well and gargled with water that it would be better than just brushing.

Don't. I fell for the waterpik meme. They're super ineffective. The water doesn't disrupt the biofilm like regular flossing does.

This is all you need. 3-4 times a day.

>females actually believe max white makes a difference
That toothbrush is poorfag tier too.

>"""whitening""" toothpaste
May as well just use sandpaper tbqh

You could use any toothpaste you like. And any soft toothbrush, just that that toothbrush is one of the better ones, and you can find it pretty much anywhere you live. Alcohol-based Listerine is the most important of those to use, 4 or 5 times a day, after every brush and when you go out, for instance.

Dental industry is the biggest meme.

I'm using an oral b vitality that I bought for $30 about 7 years ago. I bought 20 heads for $10 for the thing.

Dentist always says i do a good job flossing and i don't, and i lazily brush my teeth only once a day. Good meme

>interdental flossing

I tried doing that shit but it just doesn't fit between my tiny asian teeth

99% sure that Listerine is the biggest meme in dentistry

How is it a meme?