Where were you when Apple won?

>1.4 stars

Reminder that this would never happen to an Apple laptop.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook
youtube.com/watch?v=UxQGhqF60zE
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro
youtube.com/watch?v=EvDhuXaoL6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ohh the jealousy of applepoors. Admit it, you'd buy one if you could afford it.

>$1900
>dual-core U processor
>1080
It's a shit deal, even with apple you get better hardware at that pricepoint.

Read this

Lmfao LELnovo

>Apple was out-appled by Lelnovo using a laptop brand that used to be known for its freedom and value
the irony of this is impressive

I don't know what you're talking about.

Score of 1.4 out of 5 reviews. Great sample size. Not that I own any laptops, but would you imagine - Apple's laptops cost almost as much, even though there are no anniversary editions.
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook

You are PAYING homage to the classic Thinkpad price lists.

Get homaging yourself a Thinkpad.

comparatively, apple still offers better value, their most expensive dual core is at 1599 and their quad cores start at 1999 and you get a better quality screen with both of them
Lenovo's a joke

You don't get it, do you? This is a limited offer. Not all of their laptops cost as much by default. The same can't be said about Apple.
And isn't this "special financing" option just splendid?

Relevant video from our boy Louis
youtube.com/watch?v=UxQGhqF60zE

>This is a limited offer
That doesn't really excuse the bad idea that is this laptop.

It's not like it would be available forever. And guess what? There are other models you can buy. Apple has models just as overpriced regularly.

>this overpriced laptop is not bad because there are other laptops that are not overpriced

you're really trying hard to shift the discussion

At least lenovo doesnt censor their feedbacks.

UINITED STATES
DOLLARS

AHAHAHAHAH

You're trying as hard as possible not to admit that Apple has laptops just as overpriced regularly. There's little I can do about that.

See:
I don't own a laptop. I'm not really affected by this.

Who are you defending here? Yourself?
We are talking about an obviously overpriced laptop with shit specs. The existence of other overpriced laptops doesn't make it any better.

>Apple laptop

I'm being rational. And everything about your posts indicates that you are somehow trying to absolve Apple from fair criticism.

notice how I used the word "comparatively"
and besides, that wasn't even the argument in the first place, you fucking idiot, you're the one that initiated this "applel overpriced on the regular" argument as, I assume, an attempt to distract from the main discussion that this very laptop is overpriced. What are you even trying to defend in the first place? The point of the comparison was to show how fucking terrible this thinkpad is in terms of value. It's a fucking dual core that's $100 away from the cheapest quadcore macbook and that shit has a better screen with a more vertical aspect ratio.
YOU'RE trying to absolve Lenovo of this shit decision by derailing the discussion to "b-but muh apple"
The thread wasn't even about fucking Apple in the first place. You just assumed that I was "absolving" or some stupid shit because I made a comparison to emphasize how godawful this laptop is. Stop being a LELnovo fanboy.

Microsoft won.

>Programmers people don't fall for the same prestige/status symbol marketing that 18 year old college students fall for

Color me surprised

>updating your bios ever

They could've put at least one more usb port, there's clearly enough space.

This.

The only time there is EVER a need to update the BIOS is when there's a problem that can only be fixed that way.

Over the years I've only run into one instance of needing to apply a BIOS update/fix, and it was a generic laptop that would restart itself half the time when you tell it to shut down.

Yes, they did beat apple in terms of unreparability, getting a sweet, sweet 0 from ifixit.
And all it took was a fuckton of glue.

i honestly would buy one if i had nothing better to spend 2k on

>YOU'RE trying to absolve Lenovo of this shit decision by derailing the discussion to "b-but muh apple"
Again, . Their pricing doesn't affect me, as I don't own a laptop. "No you" is a great argument too. I'm surely taking you seriously now.
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro
Not a single dual core CPU here, right? And lastly - why are you so mad? Where have I insulted you?

Why doesn't he just get a Dell XPS or Precision?
Configurable and high-res.

UMAD is a great argument, too I'm taking you seriously now.
You're so unaffected by this that you're trying your best derailing the discussion of how horrible a value this laptop is by derailing it to "b-b-but muh apple"
>Not a single dual core CPU here, right?
I see you're a dishonest cunt baiting with a red herring again. Where did I say that dual-core macbooks don't exist?

>You're so unaffected by this that you're trying your best derailing the discussion of how horrible a value this laptop is by derailing it to "b-b-but muh apple"
I've been saging the entire time.

And yet you're so intent on saying that you don't care that you keep on replying, even going so far as being assblasted by anyone who dares to compare this piece of shit to applel.

You can compare it to whatever you want. Doesn't make either of those good choices price/performance wise.

While i do agree with you that this laptop is shit, it would never happen to an apple laptop because the fandom is a complete cult

>Doesn't make either of those good choices price/performance wise
Nobody has argued for this, you fucking idiot. I see that you're trying to willfully blind yourself whenever you see the word "comparatively". The Apple comparison was made because the lenovo laptop is so poor in value that you're actually better off getting a 15" macbook pro despite Apple's reputation for overpricing.

Pic related

>Nobody has argued for this
I'm glad that we can finally agree. You're trying to hear what you want to hear I suppose. Why haven't you missed a single chance to call me an idiot, retard or any number of other fashionable buzzwords then?

>I can’t enjoy things because other people enjoy them the wrong way
Lmao why even give a shit and let it affect how you think in the first place? That’s pretty beta

Apple should really copy the idea.
Make a retro looking Macbook with the old rainbow logo and sell it for 3k. There's no way it wouldn't print money.

how come this guy doesn't know how to greentext?

>I'm glad we can finally agree
You finally changed your tune once you've realized you're an idiot. Read your own fucking posts.You were fucking disputing the apple comparison because they dare compare it to the overpriced thinkpad, assuming that all these apple comparisons are only made to "absolve" apple of anything. They were made to emphasize how poor the value of this thinkpad is and all you can say "WAAAAHHH MUH APPLE IS OVERPRICED TOO WAAAAAHHH!!!"

That's a youtube comment.

go to 21 mins

I never said if i liked or did not like macbooks idiot.(and aside from the older models i dont).
You prove my point of being part of a cult because you getting defensive for no reason.
I would really like the idea however for that the the new thinkpad must sell so that apple notices that this is worth the money to develop.
What i would prefer even more is some company trying to do "the thickbook". A laptop with great I/O ,great opensource compadibility,replacable parts and durable.

newfag

This model is overpriced because it is nostalgia bait. You are paying for expensive ass packaging, the art and history books, the chocolate bar, and the massive thinkpoint. Yes even still the price is too much, but the cynic in me says they wanted it to fail so they could say their customers really do love their new keyboards.

>You finally changed your tune
>Doesn't make either of those good choices price/performance wise.
Please stop bumping this. You're clearly getting upset over nothing substantial.

You were under the assumption that every single post about comparing the thinkpad to apple was trying to absolve apple and excusing this poor value as "muh limited time". For a very not-upset person, you seem to be very focused on trying to defend your perception that you're not wrong. You assumed that any comparison to apple was trying to absolve apple and when you were finally made to accept that the comparison was only made comparatively and not as some attempt at PR for apple you finally say that "we both agree after all" as if you're previous posts about the accusation that I was, somehow, trying to "absolve apple from fair criticism" didn't exist. Go ahead and continue pretend that the word "comparatively" doesn't exist.

>1900 dollars for a "retro" thinkpad

if you go with just one port at least make it usb C.

>youtube.com/watch?v=EvDhuXaoL6c
>shitting on classic models
typical no-taste nouveau-rich chinks

Does it actually come with books and a chocolate bar?

>$1.9k
>so incompatible with everything else you cannot use old trackpoints
>embedded NVIDIA rather than Intel graphics
>custom key caps
>no key light
>middle click button is comically thin

Is anyone fucking surprised? It doesn't fulfil any of the requirements of someone who uses a classic ThinkPad. It's only real claim to fame is that it has a 7-row keyboard, and it has the classic rubber finish.