More and more coding bootcamps

>More and more coding bootcamps
>Girls who code
>'Everyone should learn to code'
>2 engineering schools in 1 city
>School train kids early to learn how to code

Holy shit is this how software engineering dies?
>Mfw no jobs in 10 years

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/codingquotes/
youtube.com/watch?v=h3BQQe7Nvbw
youtube.com/watch?v=gCgXa2VKGA8
youtube.com/watch?v=gCgXa2VKGA8&t=84s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Holy shit is this how software engineering dies?
yes

and don't forget
>more and more foreign cheap workforce

>schools teach everyone math and science
>everyone majors in math and science

school teaching anything will probably cause more kids to hate it

It depends. Sometimes the only way people find a major is by taking a class in high school. I know people who took chem in high school, loved it, and went to major in it. Same with biology, marine science, etc. All they're trying to do is increase exposure

Aren't these mostly for crap like js and python?

They'll still know more than I do about programming, which is virtually nothing.

yea but it's the exposure I'm worried about, I'm afraid this might create an oversaturated market with a few good engineers and 90% monkeys writing suicide-tier code. Also, that's implying 5% of those 10% dev won't get into managment..

>with a few good engineers and 90% monkeys writing suicide-tier code

The future is now.

automation is the way forward. most jobs will be gone in 100years and only people writing/maintaining the automation systems will have work.
add to that the continuing mantra of population growth (as if we didnt have enough humans already) and you're looking at billions of unemployed/unemployable people, huge sections of the population unable to get a decent job.

one can only hope this will lead to social unrest and civil war

>1721
>FUCK THEY ARE TEACHING THE COMMONERS HOW TO READ AND WRITE
>IN 10 YEARS THERE WONT BE ANY MORE SCRIBE JOBS FOR US

>yfw this is literally what happened

In 10 years there won't be any jobs for anyone

In 10 years there won't be anyone.

I wish man

Work and gather some capital by now, then invest in something tech-related with that spare money, and hire that cheap-as-fuck workforce. With your knowledge of software engineering you can scold them with reason.

If you can't avert a crisis, use it as an opportunity.

>be me
>be sophomore in cs
>working on final project
>partner doesn't show up to any of our meetings
>finally get him to show up at engineering building
>there's little girls everywhere
>weird, but least of my concerns
>get to lab
>pink backpacks and barbies stacked up in the corner
>whatever
>get to work
>girl walks in
>you guys have to leave we're doing a girl scout coding camp
>no big deal we log out and move over to the next room
>work goes smoothly for about 10 min
>another guys walks in
>you all have to leave we are doing a coding camp with the girl scouts
>no where else to go
>partner has a temper tantrum right there
>i decide it's best to leave
>do project by myself at home

god damn girl scouts

>tfw saw this coming and currently executing plan B

Hang in there buddy

Is coding an industry skill meant for people going in to the industry?

Or is it a life skill that people need to navigate the 21st century?

Tbh I think computer literacy, financial literacy, philosophy and some basic life skills courses should be part of the curriculum. By all means offer coding classes, but making them mandatory is kind of retarded.

> dies
>Mfw no jobs
It means there will be more jobs than ever but not for you. Software engineering won't die. You will.

I am printing out this post and that's just what I'll do. Thanks user.

Pharm student here
This is exactly how we died and it's happening to you guys.
Explosion of new schools, expensive as fuck tuition to make it seem worthwhile and memes about a job shortage. Plus don't forget the "Rated nth for highest wage by x magazine!"
>tfw just wanted a comfy job counting pills

> "coders" instagram
> instagram.com/codingquotes/
why this shits makes me cringe so hard?

i bet less than 10% of this "coders" stay in the field.

> Africans without programming knowledge posting coding quotes
You're supposed to cringe.

>successfully bullied by preteen girls

> implying there are no programmers in Africa

youtube.com/watch?v=h3BQQe7Nvbw
This is the future.

>a glorified counter clerk
Your job will be fully automated within two decades.

is this sarcastic?

>Coding
>It's all HTML and CSS

Even as a full stack webdev this stuff irks me. It's not coding ffs. It's valuable and important, but it's not code.

Also
>Building your own navbar from scratch
>Not just using a framework and gutting it to your needs

Why?

This is a great future to be a hacker.
It will be so bad, even casuals will end hacking shit by accident.

>tfw went into engineering instead of coding even though I'm better at coding
so fucking glad

Im talking about the page, brainlet. My oracle bd (fuck oracle) teacher worked at one of the majors bank in africa before coming to Canada, so yes i know theres african programmers smfh

>implying management-people letting kids fuck around with scratch is going to raise a whole generation of proficient cheap programmers
Most of them will probably still end up doing something else. Some might fall for all the "you can be the next zuckerberg!" memes and attempt to get a cs degree but most of them will fail too.

youtube.com/watch?v=gCgXa2VKGA8
>this kills the male programmer

I'm mostly worried about how it seems like everything is being dumbed down.

In 20 years, people are going to be able to write a hello world program in a fifth-generatioj language that consumes 4GB of memory and requires at least a sandy bridge.

To access a website you're going to have to download 20MB of scripts

You know how many old systems exist today that are horribly designed and can't evolve well into the future? Well, they were designed by incredibly intelligent and educated people. Imagine the programs and databases of tomorrow made by any retard that graduates coding bootcamp.

> youtube.com/watch?v=gCgXa2VKGA8&t=84s
This whole shit have to be a elaborated internal joke! Holy shit!

90% of them will fail fizzbuzz in an interview.
I'm not worried. At the end of day you still need people that can do more than google answers.

You shouldn't feel threatened unless youre a retarded codemonkey. Digital literacy is more than your boys only klub.

>paper and ink become cheap and ubiquitous
>book printing technology becomes fast and efficient
>hurr nobody needs my ebyn scribe calligraphy and shorthand skills anymore
Stay put for getting replaced by a pajeet, brainlet.

Sounds like the start of a Star Trek future where literally everyone, down to the most dim grunt manual labor cuck can code.

Now we just need all the cool tech to go along with that.

Something much worse happened instead.

90% of Sup Forums fails basic data structures in threads

explain what a tree is and why its useful. You have 5 minutes

It's a connected cycle-free graph.
It's a good way to model some things I guess.

nah the real problem is that the job market is super saturated.
The same automation meme can be applied to CS too. All those shitty nu-languages are mostly boilerplate code

>The average written text hasn't degenerated over time
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's nothing really comparable to this technology though. It would be as if works of writing were built upon by every next generation and every mispelled and misdrawn word created compounding inefficiencies.

But no no, you're right.
>HURR DURR TEACH DA KID HOW TO CLICK THE BOX AND MAKE DA YURTLE WALK COZ THAT TEECH GOOD PROGRAMMING SKILLZ AND DIVERSITY

You have to adapt. After finishing my BSCS and working in the industry for 2 years at the tender age of 22-24 I became sick of programming. Not only because of that but because the memes of CS guys being turbo-autists was more than true.

I don't mind a few nerds (as in actual nerds, not pop science hipsters), but it seems like CS attracted the worst kind of insufferable know-it-alls with zero social skills and it transpired that between 4 years of school and 2 jobs (the last one being in high 9 figures) I only ever found one decent coworker and friend inside "the industry".

I said fuck it, took out all my savings towards as well as a new loan and went back to college for ChemEng. It's still a weiner fest but the people were more "normies".

You could actually have a fluent conversation with them that did not concern computers, the material was awesome (chemistry and machines), and I actually flew right through the 2 programming classes we had because most engineers were pretty clueless towards that.

Now I work as an automation engineer and get to walk around a big ass factory instead of being crammed into an open space office all day, but still program occasionally and I actually rediscovered the joy of programming on the side and contribute to more stuff than I ever did during my active time as a Software "Engineer".

The wage isn't that much better and I obviously lost 4 years of income which I will never get back but god damn it, it still feels good to get out of that circlejerk.

>The same automation meme can be applied to CS too.
Not really, no. Coding and pure codemonkeys will be automated, but actual developers and computer scientists will stay. The same way pharma engineers and chemists will stay after your incredibly intellectually taxing task of routine memorization of a couple thousand treatment prescriptions, med interactions and side effects is taken over by a computerized kiosk.

At lot of jobs don't even require fancy Machine Learning algorithms to automate them, that kiosk could've been there years ago but a kiosk can't legally fill a medical prescription so unless there is a change in the legal framework, fuck all will happen.

tfw im going into cybersecurity

a tree is an organism that we classify to be in the plant kingdom. they are an important resource in many ways:

1. food
2. lumber
3. shelter for smaller animals
4. source of energy
5. if it weren't for trees we wouldn't exist as we do (no oxygen build up in the cenozoic era)

Markup is also code. The term you are looking for is programming.

Can't wait.
Fuck getting the third degree from your pharmacist every time you want to buy some ether.

>tfw kids in school program robots to automate everything
>tfw no more jobs
>tfw gov is forced to give out free "money"/"credit" else the economy collapses with no one buying anything

>this literal rectal explosion
It's entirely comparable. Old "foundation" code and intermediate frameworks aren't something immutable or inaccessible - it's maintained, fixed and when the need arises partially or completely rewritten or replaced. It still requires a high degree of actual CS skills and knowledge. The only thing that's actually being simplified and made more accessible is high-abstraction code and the only one who should be afraid are literal code monkeys with who are only capable of mindlessly churning out FactoryFactoryFactories and think bubblesort and basic graph theory is the extent of CS, ie you. The sheer ability to write doesn't make you a good author, pajeet. Now go be buttblasted and post frogs somewhere else.

People are paid mostly upon how difficult they are to replace, not how difficult the job is. Your average plumber's helper makes around $12 an hour, but as soon as he starts collecting certifications for gas/medical installations he's taking home around $30; put him in a rural area and he's making around $40.

When there's someone willing to do a job, there's someone willing to do it for less.

>automation is the way forward
already ahead of you.
Going into MAchine Learning and AI algorithms as my focus in order to be one of the technocratic dictators :^)
I will be mecha-stalin.

>To access a website you're going to have to download 20MB of scripts
React/Angular sites with lots of plugins
>Imagine the programs and databases of tomorrow made by any retard that graduates coding bootcamp.
MongoDB

The future is now.

Yes, there are still a lot of legal and plain human factors in this, but hopefully we will overcome them some day.

Well, it's a job MARKET after all. If there are a million people who can do a thing, of course you're not gonna get paid six figures.
If you can do one specific thing that no one else can, but no one wants you to do it either, you're not gonna get hired either.

The tricky part is mixing being able to do something special with this special thing being also in demand.

sure they have entire classes learning to program but only 5% about will ever turn it into a career. Most are too stupid to realize the importance

>thinks code monkeys are engineers
kys brainlet

What is plan B?
Study like hell to remain ahead?

Computer literacy already exists.
It's called mouse and keyboard + windows :^)

No one needs to know how to create a compiler in bash, or how to prtln, that shit's just retarded. Kinda neat though if you could do some cool shit in cmd prompt and attract the ladies though ( ´・ω・)

>100
>majority of wealth becomes concentrated in an elite minority
>FUCK THERE'S TOO MANY SLAVES AND IMMIGRANTS
>IN 10 YEARS THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE JOBS FOR US
>they were right

Same over here, I had completely different expectations about the kind of people that would be getting a software engineering degree, I was expecting the Big Bang Theory kind of nerdy awkward guys who are still pretty cool people, turns out most of them are RMS worshipping folks and most of them aren't very social except in their own closed circles, but eh I guess there are worse out there and I'm a year and a half away from a degree so I'll just hang in here.

The slaves are an allusion to automation

Get used to mage culture if you work in magic, faggot.
Do you think doing this shit is easy while having a social life and doing/thinking abewt all the *garbage* the majority of the civilian population does?

Kind of like those trees i vaguely remember from math class. But with objects. Divy up the labour is the function i assume?

trees are abstracted arrays where left children are at index 2i + 1 and right children are at index 2i + 2 from a parent at index i (indices start at 0, hence the sums).

I fucking hate this
>hurr we need fags to program, because they're fags
>meritocracy? what are you, a fascist?

There are literally 3 girls in my programming class.
They know their shit (or at least 1 of them does) so i wouldn't mind having them in the tech sector. Problem is that these femishits want to decrease hiring of competent workers and replace it with equity.

EQUALITY OF OUTCOME
VERSUS EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY

POLITICS IS PARLOR *TRICKS*, MY BROTHA

That's a binary tree not "a tree".

You'll either have a shitty job of fixing the mistakes of all these "programmers" or a very lucrative job exploiting the vulns left by these "programmers".

Do not worry my friend, everybody can open a text editor, write fancy shitty webpages , classic games, etc BUT when you have to solve real engineering problems, like control systems, expert systems, embeded systems, fit statistical that works, etc these people wont be able to do it even if the have a huge framework you have to know the math and the terms.

>im curious
>check out goolag made /w code.
>Its literally just code-blocks.
>even google realises female programmers are a pipe dream.

Almost exact same story. Even worked for one of the big houses with supposedly high entry barriers, yet no amount of raw intelligence seems to make a man out of an autist and the workforce almost entirely consisted of the latter. Getting a masters in math now and it's amazing that even here the degree of social retardation is much lower than in CS for some reason despite the subjects even greater "distance from reality".

Indeed.

On the day of the rope politicians will be the first to go.

These coding bootcamps and shit isnt an issue if you are actually good.

This.
Also coding is the same as music, "everybody can play piano", yes a lot of people knows chunks of random piano themes, but how many people is able to create new piano music and knows music fundamentals.

Programing having a sciences background is much more different than just coding.

>2i + 1
>2i
>i
we using imaginary numbers?

I understand its shaped something like this:
[alt 255][alt 255]a
[alt 255]/[alt 255]\
b c
where b and c are arrays that inherit elements from the parent index? Or in set theory terms, are elements with in the parent set?

shit i fucked it up.
dont know how to unicode white spaces.

So my switching majors from biochem will pay off?!

>switching from Biochem to CS
You fucked up HARD

Is it still worth it going into software development? I'm on the fense between that and EE. I enjoy programming and I think I would probably enjoy it more than actual EE work.

I am just saying, what can a normalfag could code without knowing sciences?

>Not numerical methods understanding
>No formal logic
>No Statistics
>No differential equations
>No control and systems theory
>No algorithms theory
>No Computer complexity theory
>No boolean equations fundamentals .

What normalfags can do just knowing some keywords in a language they can't solve engineering problems.

This surely has to be some next-level b8

No jobs in EE
do cs

>No discrete maths

Wasn't most oxygen freed up by cyanobacteria, not plants?

Thanks. Been pulling hair about this

>No jobs in EE
ayylmao, dude there is a EE deficit on industry just check indeed, tons of jobs nobody is able to take thats why there are always chinks and indians taking those jobs.

correct. the algorithm becomes more complicated for non-binary trees.
>we using imaginary numbers?
we are not. "i" refers to an "index" variable that represents a natural (including 0 if it's necessary to say).
>Or in set theory terms, are elements with in the parent set?
i suppose you could call a tree a set in which all its elements are set members. the first element of a tree is the "root". because all other elements compose "subtrees" of the root, you could call the root a set within the set of the tree that has all subtrees (which are additional sets) as members.
again, this diagram represents a binary tree, where every node only has two children nodes. there can exist trees whose nodes have three or more children. a "tree" whose nodes have only one child is merely a linked list!
if i understand your diagram,
>where b and c are arrays that inherit elements from the parent index?
these nodes are little data structures that contain some data and references to their children nodes and perhaps to their parent. they can be arrays if you imagine an array whose members are perpendicular arrays (i.e., a 2D array) and the nodes can also *contain* arrays, but this isn't anything you should expect.

Yes senpai.

Discrete maths, the plural of math which are also discrete, is a part of the math component of a CS curriculum.

> a bunch of stinky indians who make shit code that 500 white guys will have to fix making the chink work force more expensive in the long run

I had some rice and vinaloomasala or whatever the fuck it's called. Stunk up my place for days.
If they stop eating that spiced shit, their odor problem would be solved in one fell swoop, I'm telling you.