Sup Forums btfo

Sup Forums btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/2/16/14634656/android-ios-market-share-blackberry-2016
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/25/468158520/why-apple-says-it-wont-help-unlock-that-iphone-in-5-key-quotes
android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/fyi-why-androids-snapchat-app-takes-inferior-photos-0174597/
gizmodo.com/researchers-uber-s-ios-app-had-secret-permissions-that-1819177235
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are Americans such consumerist whores? Noone falls for marketing as easily as the American

low iq

I haven't ever in my life considered myself an Apple customer, but twelve years ago I got an ipod classic 60gb. What is the point of this thread?

I bought a box of cables, connectors, a GPS Travel router, and an iPhone 4s for $7. Fuck Apple.

>Poll from untrusted source

>Empirical data

Pick one

>99.6 percent of new smartphones run Android or iOS

theverge.com/2017/2/16/14634656/android-ios-market-share-blackberry-2016

APPLEL BTFO

>81% of new smartphones sold run android
>80% of the world lives in poverty
coincidence?

Yes, most of those people don't have phones at all.

Let's pretend applel isn't popular in the west and certain Asian countries right? You're obsessed.

>sixty-four percent of Americans now own an Apple product
64% Americans are homosex confirmed legit.

Does it count if the only apple products I have are a first-gen ipod nano that I barely use, a first-generation iphone with a cracked screen and an old, barely-used ipad-mini?

Yes, you own more apple products than the average household.

Nogs have 10+. There goes your average.

>Americans are applefags
How is that news?
I knew that way back when Americans used shitty monochrome macs instead of superior Amigas.

Reporting in for not owning a single Apple product.

Well actually, I have a reserve USB keyboard by Apple in a drawer that I picked up for free as non-functioning. Does that count?

>not owning a single Apple product
>owns an Apple product

the only time i ever owned an apple product was when i was offered a clearly stolen almost new macbook for $300, which i took up
i sold it about a year later for $660

Looking through that drawer, I just realized I had an ADB keyboard lying in there as well. I guess I'm an Apple whore, then.

yeah cuz apple fucking rips you off so much that you just cant buy a computer/phone without also having to buy 3-4 extra things to make it work like a normal computer
>external escape key
>external headphone jack
>external dvd/cd

also fuck this article.
i bet i have a more people have shit made by proctor/gamble than apple by a factor of 1000, so shouldnt that be the headline?

literally fuck all apple numale faggots. [pic related] bitches are stupid and deserve to use apple.

>that last bullet
>literally just "rich people own more things"

>Even poor people have at least one Apple product
Fucking why. Why do these idiots buy expensive shit and then cry about not being able to afford food? Some people deserve to be in poverty.

Old iPods shouldn't count. I don't m me anyone with an iPhone.

Poor people tend to make poor decisions, far worse than buying an iPhone.
For instance, they buy expensive cars on credit.

The average millionaire, however, spends only $31k on their car.

>800 respondent pool

Why are polls getting this lazy? I swear, every day it's a new poll and their pools are always so damn small. How could you possibly hope to judge a whole country by 800 people?

Forgot picture

>1st world nation residents use Apple things a lot
>1st world nations regard Apple products to be of the highest quality

You needed an article to tell you this? This is common knowledge, its Apple.

>1st world nation
Huh? I thought this article talks about Americans.

That sample size is perfectly compatible with that margin of error. L2statistics

Why even have 800 respondents at that point? Might as well ask your neighbor Bob if he uses apple and call it a day.

>average
>not mode
Learn math plz

Is this what they teach in burger math classes? Do you even get the entire point of statistics at all?

>Steve Liesman
>Liesman

How?
>inb4 ur poor xDDD
American citizens live in debt, they're all poor

Cry more and enjoy your $120 burner phone zhangjeet.

Not a burger. Do you naturally assume that people have studied the same shit as you? That's statistically improbable.

You must be retarded.

Why would I have an American name?

>needed to be frankensteined with accelerators and third-party enhancements out of the box just to get up to par with competing platforms
>"but it displayed 4000 garish colors for muh games!"
amigafags are the mactards of retrocomputing

average is a terrible measurement in this case, most apple products encourage you to get more apple products so each household with an apple product is very likely to end up owning many apple products so if the average is two per household it probably means that most households have none and a few have a lot of apple products

Even consumer models of Amigas did more out of the box than a PC.

>tfw no apple product in house

except run industry standard software
or have good mass storage options
or have hardware from the last decade
or have actual expansion without shelling out the ass for a big box (might as well just buy a 386 PC or Mac II)
or look and feel like something more than the children's toys they were always built to be from the beginning
>"but I could run three jugglers at once while jerking off and it doesn't even lag that much!"

Do they count dongles as a separate product?

>except run industry standard software
Well it didn't have Lotus but it did run dBase and WordPerfect.
And of course the best version of DeluxePaint
>or have good mass storage options
It's called a hard-disk.
Are you British by any chance? I heard they didn't sell HD versions there.
>or have hardware from the last decade
It still got more out of it than other systems.
>or have actual expansion without shelling out the ass for a big box (might as well just buy a 386 PC or Mac II)
PCMCIA slots
>or look and feel like something more than the children's toys they were always built to be from the beginning
weak bait

My 19 year old daughter wanted an iPod touch because she believed it would do something for her life, so she bought one. Then she wanted an iphone to say she had one and brag about it to her friends, so she got an iphone 7. She tried to indoctrinate her younger siblings into her Apple hell hole and bought them both an iPod touch for xmas last year. My son hasn't even taken his out of the box opting to continue using his super chink ZeePad 7" tablet to play Minecraft PE and other shit. Our youngest daughter had set it up but then forgot her pin because she was still using her own super chink ZeePad 7" tablet to play games and watch shit on Youtube. They both have two of those tablets: one we bought back in 2011, and then newer dual core joints we got in 2013. They also have our old Android phones to play around with.

Dismayed that neither of them gave two shits about their ipods, she then turned to us and our oldest to try to indoctrinate us. My wife and I scoffed at it and, in a show of solidarity, bought two new identical Android phones. Yesterday my wife had her new phone delivered, an LG V30 and gave her old phone to our youngest daughter who still has no interest using her ipod touch even though we got it reset several months ago.

Our oldest daughter gave apple a try and got an iphone 5c becuase it was cheap on Amazon and supported the latest ios. Within two days the screen was shattered because she dropped it at a nightclub, forcing her to take the sim out of it and put it back into her old Android phone. She bought another one and dropped it and did the same thing. Finally she got an iphone 6, which she's used for a while but, once again she dropped it from her pocket and shattered the screen. Fed up, she just got a Galaxy S6.She's dropped every android phone she's ever owned and not one screen has shattered.

The moral here: We may technically own several apple devices, but we have far more Android devices actually in use.

>or have actual expansion without shelling out the ass for a big box (might as well just buy a 386 PC or Mac II)
What are you talking about?
A Mac II had worse specs and was more expensive than an A4000.

Yeah well technically I have an iPod Classic but that doesn't mean I like Apple.

>except run industry standard software
>or have good mass storage options
I bought an Amiga 2000HD back in 1990, it had a hard drive in it (can't remember how bit though).

>or have hardware from the last decade

Everything was new at the time.

See pic related. Plenty of expansion options for the Amiga 2000's.

>or look and feel like something more than the children's toys they were always built to be from the beginning

Just stop. The 2000 look like a business machine because that's what it is.

Does it really count if I have a couple powerbooks that I put Debian on?

consumer models didn't get provisioning for hard disks until fucking 1992 with the A600, that was hopelessly outdated in almost every other way (lol 68000) unless you performed the aforementioned frankensteining
>a single fucking PCMCIA slot
>"actual expansion"
fucking lol, now THIS is weak bait
>a 68020-based system from 1987 has worse specs than a 68040-based system from 1992
holy fuck, really? tell us more
we're talking about the trashy consumer models, not the expensive big boxes

>Sup Forums - Normies

>average
what's the median tho

>all those lies
>gets BTFO by a simple search.
kek'd/

America btfo
ftfy

You do realize that a majority of posters here are dirt-poor and haven't tired an actual good headphones yet they'll shill garbage 24/7 trying to convince themselves it's actually good, right?

Almost all of the Apple haters on here are from 3rd world shitholes. Some of them expose themselves when they post screenshots and you notice foreign languages.

Admins really ought to turn flags on Sup Forums so we can see all those shitholes bitch about expensive shit.

They don't, really. 75% of my calls as an AppleCare shit eating advisor are from people with only one or two devices, usually they just have an iPhone and that's it.

Japan must be fucking stupid since they only buy apple

>we're talking about the trashy consumer models, not the expensive big boxes
>n-nuh uh you can't compare business machines to business machines, you have to compare the A600 to a 2000$ IBM PC compatible!

This just in, consumers generally poorly informed and easily susceptible to marketing, no one surprised

tfw recently switched from android to iOS (Nexus 6 -> iPhone 8+) and will never look back
Nexus 6 was shit from day one, while the iPhone 8+ has never stopped amazing me. Enjoy your jewgle botnet while I enjoy my lean mean privacy machine.

>apple
>privacy
Either shilling, a newfag or a complete and total mentally retarded fucking mongo.

read again retard

Yet most own iPhones.

You could even connect a hard disk to a cute little A500.
I have no idea what you're on about.

>PCMCIA slot
>actual expansion
Adding a CD drive or ethernet is not "actual expansion"?

>a 68020-based system from 1987 has worse specs than a 68040-based system from 1992
>holy fuck, really? tell us more
I'm not the one who made the retarded suggestion

>we're talking about the trashy consumer models, not the expensive big boxes
Expensive compared to what? They were quite competitively priced.

What does this study counts as a device?
Are apple usb-c to whatever adapter devices?
What about iphone headphone jack adapter?
Apple earbuds?
There are many things people don't consider a device but are pretty much forced to buy

Average as in the average person who buys apple owns like 20 apple products since they buy the new phone every two years, have 2-3 macbooks, have an iPod or two, with a pair of beats (two since the first got stolen) and all the other apple garbage.
And so the average comes out to 2.3 or whatever.

>tfw i don't even like applel but own an iPhone SE as an iPod touch, and a mac mini as a kodi stb hooked up to TV

>consumer models did more out of the box
>but it's not as good at non-consumer stuff as a business machine!

well duh

> would rather a company whose income is 80% from advertisements based off of mining your data control the software of your phone than a company who stood up against the FBI to prevent a dead man's phone from being opened.

do google shills even try anymore???

Please quote the part where I said "Pic related, one of my daughter's broken iphones"

... I'll wait.

faggot.

how deluded do you have to be to consider a fucking single slow-ass laptop expansion bus port with barely fuck all beyond basic I/O most other platforms integrated on-board "actual expansion?" you'd probably rightfully laugh at me if I said started talking up macshit PDS expansion and they had that pathetic (but still more capable than PCMCIA) shit for 5 years already by that time

Don't post NSFW content.

Dude you're talking about a small breadbox format computer. Do you expect to fit a Video Toaster inside of it?

there are a few reasons that apple is popular in the USA

1. they protect their consumer's privacy, which is important for businessmen and politicians
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/25/468158520/why-apple-says-it-wont-help-unlock-that-iphone-in-5-key-quotes

2. they have superior system stability compared to Android phones (excluding flagships)

3. they consistently release with the best hardware (iphone X is being released with arguably the best processor available for a smartphone, not to mention cameras)

4. they use proprietary programs that allow more freedom with communication (most importantly, imessage)

5. Apple (shadily) has contracts with different companies to use programs in different ways. For example when you use Snapchat on an Android phone the phone takes a screenshot and sends that, whereas Apple products will actually take a full resolution picture and send that instead)
android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/fyi-why-androids-snapchat-app-takes-inferior-photos-0174597/

It shouldn't be a surprise that Apple has a huge share of the market. They produce quality computers with a high level of aesthetic appeal and utility. While I do agree that their new push to minimize clutter with the single USB-c port, the rest of their philosophy is pretty sound.

Now if someone would just release a real SteamBox that used a proprietary OS to make the most of different levels of hardware, we would see both Apple and Microsoft lose a lot of ground in the PC market.

Poo in the fucking Prakesh.

Can we finally stop with the Apple privacy meme?
gizmodo.com/researchers-uber-s-ios-app-had-secret-permissions-that-1819177235

Your numbers are widely inaccurate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category

>published 4 hours ago
But this story is old as fuck. I remember reading this years ago.

also,
>using polls as sources

1. Apple is/was in the Prism and have released info to FBI several times. In the end their shit cracked anyway.
2. Can run my ancient eclair trash several month without crash and i use it heavily for music, web and tethering.
3.Full of patent infringement (potentially) and maybe bankrupting imagination wasn't the best idea. Aside the soc it's just the average Foxconn shit.
4. imessage and freedom. (x)
5. Botnet within botnet.
>huge share of the market
Less then 20% and many buy chinkshit, like meizu and huawei (honor). Even China get fed with Apple as a status symbol, not to mention the user hostility with the recent releases.

and how does Commodore being stuck in the past and choosing a shitty form factor make the bus any better? it doesn't, and that form factor was part of the problem.

Uber’s spokesperson noted that the entitlement was active only in the 8.2 version of its app. A subsequent update from Apple fixed the memory issue for the Watch, and Uber says the entitlement has been dormant since then.

maybe you should read the whole article

>almost 6% of PC market
>22% of smartphone market

that means that for every 100 computers, 6 of them are using macOS. Taking into account how many businesses use only Windows, etc, that's still some heavy market share. Not to mention that for every 5 smartphones sold, 2 are iPhones

>2. Can run my ancient eclair trash several month without crash and i use it heavily for music, web and tethering.
after using a gingerbread device for a few weeks this is total bullshit unless you were lucky enough to be able to root it and remove the fucking tons of bloatware and garbage the advertising company installed on it

probably, japs appear to only live to work and die

Average people never cared about for big metal boxes.
People even use fucking laptops as a stationary pc these days.
So I see nothing wrong with the form factor.

What does the average consumer have in a PC's expansion slot?
A graphics card and a sound card and that's it. Things the A500 didn't need.

Individualism

It's of course rooted, but it was rock stable before that. With cyanogenmod (2.3) it could crash here and there, but not randomly. My boss has an iphone 5 or similar and have many strange bugs related to calling.

How does that make it okay that Apple gave them those permissions in the first place?

To be fair this guy probably skews the average a lot.

Someone have to buy those apple stuff if i can't see them but they are still in the so called stats.
:^)

A good portion of statistics are a lie, or creatively omitting/including certain vocabulary. And by "across the country" what does that mean? 800 people across how many states? Urban? Rural? Suburban? Rich? Poor? Where are these 800 "random" people from?

>everyone who hates apple is poor
do you have same shilling tutorials or what?

Apple has been smooth and polished from day one.

Most people trust the name, the brand and the "simplicity" in style and ease of use.

They don't make a gazillion ugly models with clunky, non consistent versions of software. Geeks will know how far Android has come and how much more you can do with it, but most people want a slick, fast social media machine that can do the occasional emails and media stuff.
For a hundred or two dollars more than the best Samsung, its the better choice for them.

TL;Dr
Apple phones have had the formula right for non-geeks from day one.

That's a fucking lie though.
Remember the first release of OS X? Awful just awful.
First gen iPhones? Most useless phone ever.

Nah, first iphones looked cool. They was garbage overall as today, but the UX was great.