/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
OxygenOS is collecting a lot of personal info about your phone usage
chrisdcmoore.co.uk/post/oneplus-analytics/

OnePlus 5T is coming in November with an 18:9 display
androidauthority.com/oneplus-5t-806127/

Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Lite is official
gsmarena.com/and_another_one__the_asus_zenfone_4_selfie_lite_is_official-news-27606.php

Deal: Unlocked Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy S8+ for $629.99
gsmarena.com/deal_unlocked_dual_sim_samsung_galaxy_s8_goes_for_62999-news-27616.php

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 shows its 18:9 screen and dual camera
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_shows_its_189_screen_and_dual_camera-news-27611.php

Honor 7X leaks out: 18:9 screen in a very affordable phone
phonearena.com/news/Honor-7X-leaks-out-189-screen-in-a-very-affordable-phone_id98739

Sony Xperia XZ1 Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Review_id4427

Xiaomi Mi A1 XDA Review: Android One and Xiaomi Hardware Result in a Delightful & Affordable Stock Experience
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-a1-xda-review-android/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/help/mi-mix-2-verizon-4g-service-t3683226
androidauthority.com/nexus-6p-lawsuit-764174/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you even bother coming back to these threads after getting the phone you wanted?

Please don't give money to OnePlus.

I was really looking forward to getting the V30 but after seeing the issues with the display I guess I'm stuck with my V10 for another year.

Should I bother with the S8 this late into the cycle? Or just wait for next year's "big thing"? On T-Mobile US btw.

too late

Reposting here due to posting after new thread was announced:

What's the fastest and easiest way to keep your smartphone around everywhere at home if you don't have pockets to put it in?

Keeping it around the neck is out of the question and so is strapping it to your arm. It's not for me as I just lay it on whatever table is near but this person has a serious problem remembering to bring the phone anywhere because of the lack of pockets, the restrictions is imposed by that person as well.

Redmi Note 4X 4g 32gb 4gb RAM or wileyfoxswift 2 x ?

I like reading the news. I've been doing it for a year.

Is the galaxy s9 worth the wait ?
I am not in a rush to upgrade just wondering what new things will it have compared to the s8

Mi A1

>no lanyard, no armstrap
uh bumbag?

Good suggestion, I'll see how it's accepted.

>iOS 11
lol

i'm from eeurope and i have a samsung galaxy note 4
i like my note 4, havent used the pen that much and i think ill give it to my dad.
is the s8 / s8+ a good upgrade? will the curved screen be an issue. I like to read and listen to music on it so im looking for something with a big amoled screen.

better screen, better camera, better hardware, more software, same as every other flagship upgrade

>Mi A1
Shit nigga, it seems real good.

I can get it for 168€. SHould I pull the trigger ?

yeah, do it

>168€
where is it so cheap?

My bad read it wrong, it's 189€ on Gearbest in gold/pink

>Bought note 8
>Find out about light leak
> Find out about red tint
>Samsung: it's normal

Never buying samsung again. Why are they allowed to do this? My note has a freaking gap at the side and its normal according to samsung????

I listen to music on my phone a lot but I only have a meh headphones, should I get the V30 or will there be no difference if I get some other stuff

Take a picture and post it all over reddit. Samsung will replace your device to avoid bad PR

Reposting from end of last thread

Can anyone make a rec?
>Verizon
>USA
>budget ideally under $500
>most important features are audio quality, headphone jack, storage space (either 128 gb or microSD)
>one full day battery life, 4-5 hrs SOT
>flexible on size, around 5" screen probably ideal

Looking at the htc 10, I can find it for around $400 which is nice. Any glaring reasons not to?

just rooted for the first time since the original nexus 5, what should I do now
>adaway
>afwall+
can't think of much else

Moto G5S+.

Placebo.

No one answered my question in /sqt/. Is it possible to replace my phone's processor? Like, if I buy a broken phone off ebay that has a working processor and fucked around with the insides, could I be able to replace mine and make it faster? Additionally, anyone know of places where I could learn to do shit like this? Can't really find anything on the internet about people doing this so I guess it's not really possible but was wondering.

post pics so we can laugh

Ive read some reviews that say good things about the a5 2017, but we all know that Sup Forums knows best, whats the verdict?

it's not possible you mong.

What are some recent phones with speakers located at the front? Bonus points if they have speakers. I already know about Pixel 2.

I'm requesting that someone make an infographic of all the good phones currently on the market so people quit asking the same fucking questions over and over.

Bonus points if they are stereo speakers*

>Sup Forums knows best
Sup Forums is full of poorfags who can barely afford a single phone, let alone compare two or three. Sup Forums knows nothing.

thinking of getting a pixel, is the invasion of privacy worth it?

It's on reddit, xda, android forums already

Update this one yourself.

Xperia phones have front facing stereo speakers. Moto phones have all sound go through their one earpiece speaker. The iPhone 8 uses it's earpiece as a tweeter and it's bottom firing speaker as a woofer. The HTC U11 does the same.

I didn't know about Xperia phones. I think I found a cheaper substitute for Pixel 2.

Got my 16gb redmi note 4x in the mail today. Absolutely wonderful phone for the low-low price of 110 €.

I bought nx5 32gb a week ago for 96 usd, was it good price? What do you think?

That's a Nexus 5 not 5x, should have got a modern chinkphone instead

do you have dyslexia?

I ordered the Vernee Mix2
169.99 -5 = 164.99
This'll be a good backup for me.
Anyone got a better idea?

I almost pulled the trigger on Sony's XZ1 compact until I saw complaints of distortion in both front/rear cameras. Shit looks like it's taken with a fish eye lens. It was almost perfect for me, too.

Is this any good? it's for someone who doesn't want a chinkphone else I'd have gotten her a redmi

>Hammerhead
That's Nexus 5

yes? where does he call it a 5X? nx= short for nexus

that is a chinkphone though

oh yeah lenovo
is the 6p worth it now?

Oh shit, I read n5x. My bad

Only if you want a bootloop after a year

I hate chinkphones, my dad uses it, I broke z1c and z3c so I returned to nx5

Well I took this threads advice and switched from AT&T to Net10. Saves me about $15 a month and I went from 4gb w/ 2gb rollover to an 8gb plan. It may save me even more because AT&T had a $15 discount on the bill I can't be sure they would have kept.

No, it's shit and it's made by Huawei. you can't escape the chinks.

Enjoy no battery life

Can I rice my iphone SE without jailbreak? I wanna browse this vietnamese tranvestite trading card forum on my phone. Also kinda tired of the ios look.

Btw is pic related true? I thought iOS was the least botnet :'(

Sprint is giving unlimited free year. Technically you still have to pay taxes but it'll still be around $5 a month.

>Can I rice my iphone SE without jailbreak?
No.

do I have to get an iphone then?

I'm planning on getting a Mi Mix 2 and using it with Verizon. It uses a Nano SIM, like my iPhone 5s. Can I just take out the SIM from my iPhone and use it with the Mi Mix?

Please respond

Enjoy no 4g

I'm sorry about your brain
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/help/mi-mix-2-verizon-4g-service-t3683226

I like reading the thread in case there any interesting updates for my phone...

They're all chinkphones, user.

I've been a sprint customer. Never again!

It's a more expensive Redmi Note 4 Global with smaller battery.
Is the camera so much better to make up for that?

Yes, which is awful because I think it induces feelings of buyer's remorse. I wish I could go back to just being blown away by an iPhone 4 or Moto G.

Sprint service is fine here. I live in DC and I consistently get over 1mb/s here during peak times and at night I get 15mb/s

Oh, willmyphonework says it won't work

You could combine two broken phones of the same model.
When it comes to changing the SoC though you could get fucked by drivers.

no that's the 5X )))

Mi Note 2 still worth it? where's the best place to cop it (euro here)? gearbest doesn't have them in stock atm

If a dude can put together a recent iPhone and add a headphone jack to it then a processor can be replaced.

The problem is that you would probably end up replacing everything else along with it.

6p as well
t. Former Nexus 6p user

Outdated, replace Redmi Note 3 with Redmi Note 4 Global

How's the camera (I know normal people don't care but my sister doesn't want Note 4 Global because it's 'too big')

Better with google camera with hdr+

androidauthority.com/nexus-6p-lawsuit-764174/

aww, alright, I thought it was just LG
t. former nexus 5x user

>Can I rice my iphone SE without jailbreak?
Partly, you can at least get better icon pack and customize the launcher (people seem to prefer nova launcher). Last I checked notofication bar fixes for not rooted phones were shit though.

Don't give advice if you are unable to check the bands.

Better than Note 4? Better than stock?
How grainy in low light?

>Hell, my sister is content with SD400, my SD410 didn't lag at all (but I wanted a bigger phone for more comfortable browsing and typing with my gorilla thumbs).
>It's either dumb consumerism or gayymes that make people buy the newest SoC.
Thoughts?

Note 4 and Note 4X are practically the same phone

different soc, resolution, camera

Moto G5+ bro. Srsly.

My SoT from last night just before I plugged it in.

disregard that, thought we were talking about redmi 4x

The 4x is strictly for the Asian market and IIRC doesn't have as many bands as the regular Note 4.

Yup, the hardware is identical, only the bands are different

Anyone here used a Mi Max 2? How was it? Can anyone recommend it?

>Outdated
Hurrrr you don't fucking say? The lack of reading comprehension on this board blows my fucking mind.

What's up with people speaking about mi a1, seems like a worse note 4. If it were cheaper at least I would understand it.

I agreed with you, don't get triggered.

I'm thinking of getting one to compare it to my Mi Note 2 just for kicks and because the prices for the Mi Mix 1 haven't settled to affordable levels on my yuropoor budget.

I think its the stock android that draws people to it, I am concerned it may get abandoned down the road as xiaomi is in charge of letting the updates through, but I may just be being pessimistic.

yotaphone with bezelless 6 inch e-ink screen when

If it becomes popular enough, it might get aftermarket ROM support...

I have Miui, used to have stock and see no problems. Anybody knows what the issue supposedly is?

The Mi A1 is only around $30 more than the 4/64 Note 4, and you get better cameras, better audio quality, better build, USB-C, stock android out of the box (no need to mess with pajeet ROMs), and guaranteed updates up to Android P. Yeah, you lose 1000mah but it still gets great battery life thanks to how efficient SD625 is.

It's almost like different people have different preferences...

>better audio quality
speaker? headphones?
>better cameras
a big difference?

that's why i'm asking what people have a problem with, instead of calling them shills/idiots