Plasma 5.11 released

youtu.be/nMFDrBIA0PM

Other urls found in this thread:

creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/15-6-Zoll/TUXEDO-Book-BC1506-15-6-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Intel-HD-Grafik-bis-Intel-Core-i7-Desktop-Quad-Core-bis-drei-HDD/SSD-bis-32GB-RAM-DVD-o.-Blu-Ray-Brenner.geek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i've tried a dozen of DE over the decades, some are unusable piles of shit, with others you run into random bugs, your computer can even freeze depending on your GPU/driver/compositor combination...but KDE is the only DE that i could get to segfault on me consistently, all versions, any version. that's ,impressive.

Cool.

>a year ago
i have been using kde as my only system and no crashes so far except at some strange moments, like any other system, much less that in windows for example, even less than shit osx

Nice. I like that vault feature.

>load up 3gb folder of images in file picker
>file picker becomes unresponsive

>open muon-discover
>muon-discover becomes unresponsive and crashes

Never had this issue. What distro were you using?

kubuntu
I'm also using vivaldi, I haven't tried other browsers yet when opening the file picker

>kubuntu
Kubuntu was always the shittiest implementation of Plasma. You'd be better off on KDE neon.

WOW, looks like a shitty Windows 98 clone.

>load up 3.7gb folder of images in file picker
>werks just fine

>use macOS
>everything just werks

Why do you freetarded linux fags do this to yourselves?

You're probably right. Although, I'm planning to switch to Fedora soon, how's the implementation for that distribution?

>use mac
>get wallet fucked by Cook

I don't use Fedora so I can't help you there. Try it in a VM first to see if you face any problems.

>use Mac
>don't get wallet fucked by Cook because you can afford it

pretty /comfy/

>can afford mac
>buys system76 laptop instead
Really comfy

>still buggy
>still ugly
nothing new here

>Use OSX on a thinkpad
>Use Fedora on same thinkpad
>Use Windows 10 on same thinkpad
Utlimate comfy.
You're all fags at the end of the day.

>using multiple OS's on the same machine

I use macOS on my MacBook Pro, Windows 10 Pro on my desktop, and Solus on my ThinkPad.

This is the ultimate /comfy/

>buys laptop that comes with free software

>laptop that comes with free software
Wouldn't have it any other way

I can do that too. I have a macbook and iMac, with MacOs, Windows on my shitty Think Centre, and Linux on my main desktop. Its not hard if you have an income. I also have several laptops with multiboot.

Konqi is happy and productive wiht KDE Plasma 5.11!!

=====

Art CC BY-SA Tyson Tan (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.

>gaming laptop
>free software
What did he mean by this?
Fair enough.

Not defending applel here, but that's a pretty disgusting notebook... I really don't get why people need power demanding CPUs and GPUs in their mobile computers... Also, the screen and case are terrible and ugly...

Just 10 seconds of googling, I found a better one on a German Linux notebook store:
tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/15-6-Zoll/TUXEDO-Book-BC1506-15-6-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Intel-HD-Grafik-bis-Intel-Core-i7-Desktop-Quad-Core-bis-drei-HDD/SSD-bis-32GB-RAM-DVD-o.-Blu-Ray-Brenner.geek

And if you want quality, why don't you buy an ASUS Zenbook?

This 2bh, minus the last part. If he really wanted quality he would've gone with Apple and buy a MacBook or MacBook Pro.

You can game on Linux.

What is Konqi's preferred distro and mobile hardware?

>You can game on Linux
I've tried and it's pretty shit, and a lot of my games are also Windows only
>inb4 WINE

Depends on the port. Most games I play run perfectly fine.

Just use open Pepe instead

Asus zenbooks are known to have shitty power connectors that wear out easily. Also, no service hatch for easy storage drive or RAM upgrades.

>notification history
FINALLY

>want to donate
>no crypto options
fine, I guess you don't want to be rewarded for making my life easier

dont use kde on fedora. use neon as the other user suggested

been using fedora for a while on gnome and tried kde spin for a change. while i did like the desktop it crashed a lot in my personal (and anecdotal) experience

I had a ton of issues with Rocket League for instance (AMD GPU), as well as Rise of the Tomb Raider playing like shit (ran great on Windows). I also play Overwatch and CupHead. There's some other games too and I plan on buying the new COD WWII game. Played the beta and it was fun. I don't play many games, but the ones I do either run way better on Windows, or are only on Windows. Minecraft was the only one that worked basically the same on both, unless I started doing more GPU intensive stuff (shaders or large resource packs).

bullshit... the power cable connector is a 90° plug, which means it doesn't wear out easily like plugs of other popular notebook series of other manufacturers (I just bought a zenbook this year and this was one of the points I researched). I have never upgraded a notebook, but the one I bought had a detailed review by notebookcheck and they opened it and found it easy to upgrade.
You're talking shit here

I can give you their crypto address if you want :^)

I play minecraft, Civ V, Gmod rarely, and KSP and they work fine. I also have a PS4/PS3 for Skyrim and Fallout.

Ah. I don't have a console.

I'm just wary of notebooks that don't have a separate hatch that's just for RAM and Storage drive.

tfw new plasma release hitting the user edition

Yes, but does it remember widow size and position? Because I don't have plans to chase widows like in all loonix distro shitware. I have a life.

MUH DICK

Neon obviously.

yes

>Restart application is leaking out of its button
KEK