What's the best Linux laptop right now?

What's the best Linux laptop right now?

I'm seriously considering the Dell XPS 13 with the HiDPI display.

My X230 is beginning to show its age. Should I wait for the next release of the XPS in 2018 and buy a used 2017 model with a Kaby Lake chip?

Google Pixelbook is probably going to be the best once it's released, though you'll have to wipe BotnetOS off of it and install a full distro.

>buying ANY google product
Even if you completely forgot the fact that google is the king of botnet, their products are an apple copy. And a horrible one.

No, that sounds all wrong.

ChromeOS is based on Linux, but porting full Distros to the 2015 Pixel was difficult as hell. I'm interested in that laptop too but I will wait for support to come.

By the way user, I looked at those new xpses before and I think they're a bit overpriced. I'm personally going to wait for the new thinkpad lineup with 8th gen cpus. At least you get a quality product that way.
>15W quadcore
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

actually chromebooks tend to run coreboot, making them the best x86 laptops to escape the botnet

It's because Chromebooks have specific bios.

specific free and open source bios

For a 21st century display, I think a lightly used XPS is a good value.

I've used an X230 for a little over a year, and while it's been a good laptop, the screen and build quality are ass.

I'm wondering this too. I got my x220 and it's good but it just feels aged. Bezel is breaking, casing is wearing.

>coil whine

What's wrong with just using Crouton?

Toughbook CF-54.

wait for raven ridge. if you can't wait buy a used thinkpad now and get the successor of raven ridge.

Latitude 13 7380

Crouton is really good for testing DE's, not much is supported but still. Debian, Xfce, and Lxde are all I need on my 100USD laptop.

Also, need to note, I know Debian is a Distro and the latter 2 are DE's.

Why is the only thing you Pajeet's post about are brands and not the fucking product?

From what I can tell, Purism's Librem laptops are generally well-reviewed

System76 Galago Pro
Dell XPS 15
HP EliteBook 1040 G4
Thinkpad Carbon X1 G5
Vaio S
LG Gram 14 2017

Yeah but the hardware is dogshit.