Is 8700K with liquid cooling the best thing to get right now?
Also, why is it sold out everywhere?
Is Intel trying to hide something?

Literally worse than 7700k.

By what metric?
Only clock speed?

>the best thing to get right now
what does that even mean?
It all depends on what you intend to do.
for most uses the best options are the R3 1200 or R5 1600.

they have big stock of 7000 series cpu that they wanna sell

Game benchmarks go to offboarder.

like the best value to computing power for high end desktops
A good balance of clock speed and core count

Two words, paper launch

When are they gonna release more? November?

That would be the R7 1700, or Threadripper if you mean really high end.
If you mean games, yes, the 8700k is the one to get. Otherwise, there's no real performance reason to go for Intel. They're more expensive, use more power, and are on a socket with no longevity.

Probably December

fugg, don't know if I can wait that long
what's the best cpu comparable with 8700k that's out and available now?

R7 1700

but with R7 or TR, I can only upgrade to amd cpus, and next 2-3 gens of Intel will probably be much better. So I'd have to get a new mobo anyway

You'd still have to change motherboard if you went with Intel now, regardless. So what's the point on holding off going AMD now?
You get an AMD board now, want to change later, Intel is better again, buy Intel CPU+motherboard.
You get subpar Intel now, want to change later, Intel is better again, buy Intel CPU+motherboard.
The outcome is the same, because Intel won't stick to socket 1151.

AMD, on the other hand, will stick to AM4 and TR4 for at least a while. Even if chipsets advance, your 300 motherboard will be compatible with new CPUs. So in the event that AMD is better whenever you want to upgrade, you skip on the board change if it still meets your needs.

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense.

hmm, when you put it that way I guess it makes sense. Is 1800X better than 1700? Worth the price difference or nah?

>Is Intel trying to hide something?

you must be new

get the 1700

i got a 1700x and it was a stupid pick, it has some retarded fucking 20 degree offset that is annoying.
1700 dont have this

>but with R7 or TR, I can only upgrade to amd cpus
Gee, since when did Intel motherboards support AMD chips?

>and next 2-3 gens of Intel will probably be much better
You really don't keep up to date on news, do you?

the best value to computing power is a used $10 2500k off ebay.

It's just binning. They're essentially the same chip, but one comes clocked higher from factory. If you want to squeeze the performance but aren't big on the overclocking, you can pay the premium for the 1800X. I believe it doesn't pack a cooler though, which the 1700 does (and it's a quite good one too, also looks great with the simple LED).

Really up to you. Personally, I'd go 1700, but you might always get a less well binned chip and never get clocks as good as a 1800X would.

>one benchmark out of 1 trillion where 8700k is consistently better
Congrats

2600k or 2500k are like $100 used dude.

what a HUGE DEALLLLLLL

you guys should delid your 8700k and reapply the thermal paste, it'll be 20degrees cooler. Saw it on some tech video on youtube

Better IPC, moar cores

ipc is the same you mongoloid

>4.5 fps
>7700k has better lows
lmao

Muh 40% moar perfomances

>Please don't buy Ryzen, buy Coffeelake. We will release it several months earlier than planned.

>Yay, all 10 CPUs that were working sold out! When will new stock be available? Perhaps in several months.

>Also, why is it sold out everywhere?
Because it is new?

>posts Ryzen winning benchmarks for Forza

>We will release it several months earlier than planned.

>Still year and a half late

Probably due to new motherboards
As power usage is all over the place as well

In workloads yes,

>Literally worse than 6700k.
fify

OMG AN EXTRA 10 FPS WOW SUCH GAINS

And my 2500k still runs EVERYTHING perfectly fine.

Yet every tween here just can't make up their mind on which cpu they should buy when they are all the fucking same.

Keep wasting your parents money, dumb fucks.

>buying a 8700k
lol

you need 3 decimals if you use a thousand-separator

also 6 figures seems a little expensive for an 8700k but I don't know the conversion rates

A 2500k is about 20% behind 4.0ghz ryzen.
So that 8700k is about 35% father or more.
2500k aged like shit.
2600k is god tier.

Stock maybe.
OC it to >4.2GHz and it runs circles around everything else.

You're an idiot, just by looking at the picture I can tell that the website you're using to list prices, sells the processor by its overclocking ability, and thus putting a hefty premium upon the price of the CPU.

>200€ for 0,2 GHz

These people should be shot on sight

paperlaunch hard, intel wanted to put a dent in amd cpu sales so they pushed this out 3-6 months before they had stock for it.

which will now go unsold as everyone is in wait mode.

Honestly, 1700 or 1600 are best values, performance goes to intel kind of. I have a 4790k oc and a 1700 stock with pre 'we fixed our shit' bios (bit scared to pull the trigger on the bios update just in case something goes wrong with the nvme) with equal gpu solutions in both, the quad core is easily worse to play games on then the 1700 just because when a game is asking for 100% of the cpu, even that .5% background app will cause the game to stutter and in non benchmark sterile environments this comes out a lot more then on freshly rebooted systems.

for the most part, you won't get the same heights as intel on amd, but you won't get the same lows, you also get a motherboard that will likely take the zen 2 7nm parts so you can get in on good enough now, potentially upgrade when zen to hits, or wait till they are old and 100$ a cpu and buy an upgrade then.

when some countries only for 100 chips its not hard to imagine what the fuck is going on.

the 869 one is 1026.35$ so 20~% higher?

overclocking and apparently silver thermal spreaders.

also replaced stock spreader with silver.

>you also get a motherboard that will likely take the zen 2 7nm parts so you can get in on good enough now, potentially upgrade when zen to hits
Meh, I'll take my chances and wait for an intel cpu when I upgrade.

Really don't get the whole "omg, clock speed has gone up to 4.2GHz" or "moar cores" thing. Before you blow $$ on a new cpu you really should see if what you got now is even being maxed out all the time. If it ain't, then something else is bottle necking the system. Blowing $500 on a cpu just to gain 200 mhz is a stupid waste of money. I don't care how many cores it has, chances are good, most of your daily shit won't even use one core, much less all of them at 100 percent. Your most core intense apps are video encoding and to a lesser extent games (games rely on vida more though)

That's a negative sir.
Even at 4.5ghz, the 2500k is slow.
A 2600k at 4.7ghz is god tier though

>Also, why is it sold out everywhere?
Because they didn't make enough of them to sell, it's a quick stab at AMDs profits

yes goy, it auto overclocks itself so you won't have to,just buy the next cpu in 2 years and you're fine :^)

Do you think the generation after Coffee Lake (Z470) has 8 cores?

No because then Intel would be cutting into their Xeon budgets. Which honestly, Intel's high core/thread count overclockable CPUs are just cut down Xeon's with unlocked multipliers. The difference of Ryzen and Intel is simply the base architectures. Ryzen was all/is about cores and modules working together efficiently. It helped that they really perfected their CCX "infinity fabric" tech for damned near 100% scaling on many benchmarks.

Meanwhile Intel is still using monolith dies. Why do you think their yield rate is in the gutter?

Yes, they gotta do something about Ryzen.

There is really nothing they can do unless Intel miraculously pulls a scalable arch out of their ass and cuts prices down way way low. I see r7-1700 and motherboard combos going for sub $350 now. R5-1600 with motherboards for sub $250. "Top tier" performance means nothing when the coat is almost 80% more expensive. Don't even get me started on lack of upgradability due to constant socket changes and a ridiculous cooler being required to truly milk the Intel chips. High clock ceiling is the only thing Intel has keeping it competitive.

It's single die versus single die in a consumer segment though, scalability is irrelevant here.
It's merely a question of Intel being ready to sacrifice their margins at the altar of war.

>sold out
Because it was a paper launch. It will obviously be sold out when major retailers get 5 of them and entire countries get less than 100. They have managed to put some of the new 4 core i3's out there, though, so you could buy those right now. And the i3-8100 isn't that bad for it's price.

This launch was rushed and pushed so far ahead of schedule they probably didn't care that there wouldn't be any available at launch, they just wanted to start marketing it and make people pre-order or just make them not buy AMD and instead wait for these.

>paperlaunch
Yep. And it's pretty obvious.

I know this motherboard thing and how AMD sockets "last longer" is something many here go on about, but I personally don't care that much about Intel shafting everyone. I've never bought anything but motherboard+CPU+RAM combinations. I needed a new motherboard and DDR4 RAM when I upgraded to Ryzen. That 1600X chip will probably sit there for years until DDR5 or something like that is the new standard, just like I used the same motherboard/CPU/DDR RAM combination until I upgraded to a DDR3 system.

Intel killing the very concept of drop-in upgrades does not make them irrelevant.
I'll happily upgrade to Zen2 from my 1600.

They'll never understand 2500k bro

They're so happy to hit 5ghz after they delid and drop in some liquid metal for TIM, slap on that custom loop, boom 5ghz at 85c.

While we/I sit here with 5ghz on air.

yes, yes, I know many here care for some reason. I'm just saying that I personally don't see the big deal since I _never_ ever actually replaced the CPU after buying a motherboard/CPU/RAM combination. I install the CPU, slam on a huge cooler and then that sits there.

I can assure you that Zen2 won't be twice as fast as what you have now. If you want to "upgrade" for a 5 or max 10% gain in performance anyway then it's nice that you've got that option. It's nice that I have it too even though it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever use it.

...and if I actually buy a new Zen2 CPU then it'll probably be because my nephew whines and begs me to buy him a new desktop - in which case I'll probably buy myself a new motherboard/RAM/CPU combination since I can't very well just hand over a Ryzen CPU since that won't the DDR3-based FM2+ system I gave him when I upgraded.

>5-10% upgrade with moar cores, clocks and IPC
user it's both tick and tock at the same time.
AMD is playing the most brutal hardball with Intel I've ever seen.

Must suck being retarded

Cannonlake is just Skylake on a more (((refined))) process, just like Kabylake before it

8700K is just a customer-tier version of 7800K. 8700K has a minor base clock speed bump but very aggressively turbo clock. The 7800K can easily match it if you are willing to OC.

I honestly don't understand why geeks are getting so wet over it. Coffee Lake is nothing more then damage control for Intel. It is meant to stop people from getting Ryzen 5 and 7.

not really, the cache sizes are not retarded like on SKL-X, and the processors use ringbus

7800X is Skylake-X with the mesh, 8700K is bingbus. Skylake-X has good single thread performance but bad gaming performance due to the changes in cache. Ironically this makes it kind of pointless since what's the purpose of having good single thread if it doesn't improve gaming performance? I think Adobe shit is the only other thing besides games that would benefit.

Outside of a few outliers, it makes little or no difference. 7800X has more memory bandwidth and I/O connectivity at its disposal.

For power users, 7800X is a better choice. 8700K is just Intel's last-minute band-aid to stop hemorrhaging from Ryzen 7 1700X.

They won't stop the bleeding because of them yields by AMD. They are fantastic and Intlel won't get enough 8700ks out before AMD decides to run their next 1800/1700+Mobo combo deal that eclipses any chance for the 8700k to look like a viable option. You'll always have your diehard Intel fans that love Intel enough to hate money.

AMD doesn't require paying an extra $300 for a delided chip

Yuros list prices backwards, commas are used for decimals and periods are thousand separators.

House fire wat

Oh yeah just a little more bandwidth

8700k vs Epyc 7401P

pls delid.
now.

Wut, I have. 7700k delid and do 67deg prime95 on air @5ghZ

>Better IPC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

>buy intel cpu
>house burns down
really activates my almonds