X60

What are your thoughts on this little guy?

Wouldn't want to be seen with one in public.

> 2017
> why?

Seems like a pretty retro fella, wouldn't mind using one for shit and giggles

ah, the international symbol of 'i post on Sup Forums and go to my little pony conventions'

I had an x61t once, and while it looked the part and was nice to use it's build quality was sub thinkpad tier and it eventually randomly stopped working. Maybe mine just had a hard life.

This laptop is everything you may want from life!
It's a classical piece of technology, probably my favorite ThinkPad. Perfect for use for free software, fully compatible with Libreboot!
Offer me a smart and pretty girl and X60 and i will get the X60 without a doubt!
They are already hard to find, though.

Hello, friend.

Cute as shit

semen demon and bed bug incarnetor

they're neat
the first 4 posters are samefagging

why its better than x200
and how

can yu speak Finnish

>1024x768
I'm sorry, I can't live with that

>not x200s for that 1440x900

Yeah, you need shitty upscaling support and 16k on a 12" screen so you can live in peace.

kys pos

I'm used to the 1366x768 on my X220T, but as a daily mobile computer it's just not enough screen space unless I use 8px fonts and 80% scaling

Bump, there my favorite desu

1400x1050 IPS is available

EZ to libreboot. Where I do all of my illegal activities.

Looks similar to the Gabario.

ars technica is fake news

Its the cutest thinkpad. I have 6 of them.
This is because you are gay for Applejacks dick.
The t model seems less durable and a little bit more bulky. Mine has a gook keyboard.
Its smaller and cuter desu.
There is a 1440x1050 ips panel from the x60t
Install i3wm it helps with low res monitors.

That buzzing noise that comes with it though. Did they ever fix that?

Install powertop, I think. go watch luke smith's video on it.

I prefer the X61.

That's just you desu
Tbh I only have x61s, some with x60 motherboards for libreboot though.

Kill it with fire.

btw does the x60s use the same method as the x60?

Go check the libreboot website.

I don't give a shit about trannyboot thus i prefer the marginally better hardware of the x61.

it's subjective anyway.

using my x60t right now
feels good
best Sup Forums machine

cute
you may want to put a ssd in that

If your already using Linux the quick startup is worth it, but yeah it's subjective
Yes it does.

I flashed libreboot on mine. added a 60gb ssd, 4gb ram and a free wireless card. its running debian testing with dwm and compton. uses less than 100mb ram on fresh restart. feels comfy

I've got an X60s and it has to be one of the most comfortable portable laptops out there. The 4:3 aspect ratio makes it feel more comfortable to use than my x220. It feels pretty light for a laptop
from 2006, even with a chink 8 cell, especially compared to a Powerbook G4. Despite it being a corelet, it's pretty fun to code on and is pretty good to browse on, as long as you don't hoard a billion tabs.

A 1400x1050 + LED backlight mod and a Broadcom crystal HD would make this a perfect bedside/typing laptop.

Pls post side of laptop desu. I want to see how thick it is. My x60s motherboard and case come in tomorrow :D

Here is a comparison with my X220. I'd say about the same width, if not slimmer than the x220

Easy to libreboot

Thanks user, it doesn't look too much slimmer then the regular x60 though :'c

I think it might be the chink 8 cell though.

can you send me one of those

No desu the shipping is like 20 dollars. Also I'm trading one for a few cases of cider Halloween weekend.

God damnit !Q/7, at this rate your liver's going to explode by the time you're 25.

you want an x60s?

I started only drinking once a week because uni desu.

My liver is going to be fine :D

where can I find batteries that only protude backwards? all I find are this kind.

There is a x60 slim line 4 cell.

you need to get yourself a battery spacer

yeah, if I don't find any flat batteries I'll get one. But a flat battery would be better.

It's an option, I'd rather find something that gives me more battery life, but it's an option. Thanks :)

i3 is garbage
use bspwm