Look at this. This is the average FreeBSD desktop experience

Look at this. This is the average FreeBSD desktop experience.
KDE fucking FOUR (4) and the most JUST fonts ever to exist on a computer screen.
Imagine waking up in the morning, getting some coffee and then using this shit.
Imagine the absolute misery that must bring you.

No fucking wonder they're ok with a literal cuck license. Giving free network and kernel code to companies is the only thing this heap of shit is good for.

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/advocacy/myths.html
Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name 4 (four) things wrong with KDE4. Also, just change the fonts or install better ones because fonts are completely up to the user

3 4

imho kde 4 looks way better than kde 5 and also i don't see what's wrong with it on bsd because it's really stable

You can change the fonts all you want but the font rending itself is hot fucking garbage.
There is not a single excuse for how shit the BSDs are when used as a desktop OS.
They also claim that the ports tree as all the programs you can ever want and that they're all up to date, but I've found several programs that I normally use with several year old packages in the tree.

Literally worse than Windows.

On the other hand, FreeBSD also supports GNOME, XFCE, Enlightenment, i3wm, fluxbox, and many many others, whereas Linux distributions will typically only support one.

For more complaints that you can bring up, please refer to freebsd.org/advocacy/myths.html - that's where every other butthurt /fglt/ shitposter gets their argument.

>dat virtualbox

nigga at least install it on a P4 w/some old GPU or old rasterizer video card and I'll take you somewhat seriously.

can't forget about lumina

>whereas Linux distributions will typically only support one
niggawat?

This basically invalidated your whole post, stupid FreeBSD virgin. Ouch!

t. OpenBSD and Debian chad that bangs your mom

>Sup Forums.org/

Is this the new desktop thread?

Freebsd is not a good daily driver if you like being comfy

HI I'm currently installing gentoo but I'm using genkernel so I have a working system in case my custom build doesn't work (never done it on this laptop and been years since I did it on any machine and need to research some of the newer features)

>4.8
kernelets get off my board

3.16 master race calling in. Why the fuck would I need 4.18 on my t520?

OwO

area51

Especially if your definition of comfy is up-to-date software kek

>FreeBSD also supports GNOME, XFCE, Enlightenment, i3wm, fluxbox, and many many others, whereas Linux distributions will typically only support one.
What fucking universe are you from?

>FreeBSD also supports GNOME, XFCE, Enlightenment, i3wm, fluxbox, and many many others, whereas Linux distributions will typically only support one
>whereas Linux distributions will typically only support one.
>THIS IS WHAT BSD USERS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

It's a free licence. Not a communist licence.
Learn the difference. It could save your life.

>GPL
>Actually rewards hard work in the form of protection and the ability to monetize while still maintaining the creators and user's freedom.
>Commie
Fuck off idiot.

>t. OpenBSD and Debian chad that bangs your mom
I sensibly chuckled

BAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Literally grasping at straws you GNU/Commie.

Third party developers shoe horning in their DE using nasty, buggy hacks counts as "supported" under Linux distros.

It does not on FreeBSD. BSD's are cohesive systems. So yeah, you can run i3wm under Ubuntu but it is not officially supported.

>kde is cute
>kde is a DE
>I love kde
>KDE!!!

Solarized gives me eye cancer. And no, it is not more readable.

Uhh what?

God that gives me a fucking headache.

How about this then?

A lot of better actually

Oops too much compresison

Fuck you BSD numale

The glorious KDE 5 Plasma have hardcoded systemd dependency. It's their fault, not BSDs'.

>hardcoded systemd dependency
Nigga what?! You on drugs or some shit?! You can run Plasma on BSD, Linux without systemd and loads of other shit.If (you) actually knew anything about either Linux and or BSD you wouldn't be baiting this hard.

You can actually run plasma on freebsd, but these idiots have ancient graphics libraries so it doesn't work too well.
"Current" my ass

also i love the implication of an "average freebsd desktop experience"

you know, the operating system that doesn't come with a DE and allows you to choose what you want

>DE and allows you to choose what you want
Yeah, it's really hard to choose between kde4 and gnome 2. Fuck!

freebsd has gnome 3, dumbass

it also has various other WMs, because yes, you don't need to use a DE if you don't want to

>install FreeBSD without KDE (or any DE for that matter)
>install the DE you like
>fix the fonts
Wow, that was so hard.

What is this meme that I keep seeing everywhere?

Bait me, my friend.

>false flagging this hard

>Forcing other users to license their contributions under an autistic license.
Why cant GPLels just let live?