Talk me out of doing it Sup Forums

Talk me out of doing it Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834331907
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spend your money however you please, dear sir.

Go ahead, nice choice.

Get i7 atleast...

Or wait for new generation atleast.

Can i talk you out of not committing suicide?
Stop remaking this shit thread every day

Will he ever buy the fucking laptop?

both are dual core HT

the i7 isn't worth $200 more

But the thinkpad t25 you fucking retard

Please stop posting this

>That cpu
Fuck no

Well, he never really gets a firm consensus from Sup Forums.

Because Sup Forums is not one person

The trackpad is really, really stupidly big

If you can wait for amd's laptop offerings, I would wait, they will likely come in better than intel as they use less power, and have a better igpu, and just because its amd, a lower price because amds brand name does not command the intel markup.

Here is my opinion on laptops.
they are fucking toys or word processors on the go.

you do not need a powerful one, use a desktop if you need that.

There are rare exceptions like if you travel for more then 2 months a year and you want to play games, you got little choice in this regard, but if you are anywhere you can use a desktop, get a powerful desktop and some shit that gets you by for a laptop.

>just wait

why not? unless you need it now, amd is set to kick intel's shit in in the mobile space because their cpus run cooler by a significant margin, and one of laptops major failings is not being able to maintain clocks because the cpu is too hot.

the only reason gee was so hard for thinkpads was because they were sold second hand from businesses for cheap with good specs

>>winblows 10 "just spy on me" edition

also lenovo has ruined the brand, get another brand for half the price with an i5

Carbons are nice workbooks. It's a staple in most IT fields.

If you can afford it and the screen quality is MOST important to you: get it. They’re very nice ThinkPads.

If you just want a good HD screen, don’t want to spend so much or more importantly: want classic ThinkPads features like removable battery, Ethernet etc: get the T470

You can use a corporate code and get the base level one for like $670

this

Not for me

I benefit greatly from having a good trackpad and gestures, or the ability to handle multitasking different software

if you are doing anything actually intensive, use a desktop, wacom for a touch pad or if that apple thing works, really I would suggest an mmo mouse and map the thumb pad, the g600 allows for mapping the thumb pad, swapping out to different key maps on the same profiles, and a shift button that allows for 72 different hotkeys on your thumb alone, i just dont see the use for anything beyond crap that can get you by for word processing, or in the case where you travel a significant amount of the year, something that can be gamed on. the vast 99% majority do not need more then even a chrome book gives them.

No fuck I do work on the go and need my PDFs and shit, also something just fast and power efficient

I have a desktop for modeling and simulations, otherwise my laptop should be able to and can do it

It's required to do a lot on the go for my engineering program too

> buying a new thinkpad
Dear god what the fuck is wrong with you?
If you do insist on buying it, never pick it up by the corner, the weight will cause it to start breaking apart. Also do the proper battery care shit as you cannot replace it.

>this thread again

You're buying a meme.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834331907

This $800 is superior in CPU/GPU/SSD and probably many others.