Muh Type-C is the future

You fuckers said USB Type-C is the future but why the fuck is it so hard to use?

Say I have a type-c flash drive or headphones. How the fuck am I supposed to use this with a micro-USB phone in OTG mode? There isn't a single adapter out there that supports this use case.

Type-C recepticle to legacy adapters are not allowed by the spec. Why is this shit so hard?

i dont see the problem.

>with a micro-USB phone
Here's your problem. If "Type-C is the future," it doesn't matter if it's compatible with legacy plugs or not. In the future, we'll all have Type-C phones. What you want is better legacy compatibility, which is a different thing. If you still have a micro-USB phone, why on earth would you buy a Type-C flash drive or headphones? Upgrading the device normally comes before upgrading its peripherals.

>I don't know how upgrading works
Stop using micro-USB

This

iPhones lightning connector plugs in easier, though. USB c isn't that bad, but it feels rigid

>why the fuck is it so hard to use?
Are you legitimately retarded?

>usb
>universal serial bus
>unviversal
>but only for this version
>just upgrade goy

>OTG mode
Is not required for USB-C as it auto-negotiates host mode.

USB has stuck with the same main connector format for I can't even remember how many years. As long as they intend to stick with type-c for as many years, I don't see a problem if there are some incompatibilities in the transition period.

fuck off kike

the universal stands for universal between different devices, not different types of itself. usb type a and b never were compatible either. usb was designed in a time where more and more devices came out with their own proprietary ports that were incompatible with a bunch of peripherals. usb fixed this problem by making up a standard (protocol and hardware) for all devices, and it caught on.

Because we're currently in the awkward transition period, it'll pass.

>Backwards compatibility should never be dropped
>Any attempt to do so is just an attempt to steal your shekels
Fuck off.

By phisical layer lightning would be most perfect...
But it will never come true. Shame.

this is the future, a jack port that has 360 support and you don't have to bother on with direction to put it in

only allows analog signals.

Human ears are analog too.

>usb headphones
kill yourself

>legacy
catch up with the times

Found the itard

electricity is analog, dumdum

>exposed contact pads
>perfect

>micro-USB phone
stop living in the past user

USB 1.0 connectors are over twenty years old by now, let it go. If you luddites were in charge we'd still be using mainframes for computers since PCs were incompatible with mainframe accessories. You don't have to be an iTard to accept a new connector once every twenty years.

you are fucking retarded

cant be plugged/unplugged without shortening at least 2 two of the contact rings

>only allows analog signals.
0.7/troll

this thread is utter poo

It also needs to be cleaned, which I've never encountered with USB A. Dust becomes compacted at the back, preventing 100% proper insertion.

I think the real problem is nobody uses OTG

When I wanted to buy a regular OTG cable I tried 6 different phone shops and none had one.
Had to order one from China and wait 2 months.

I do wonder though: can't you use an OTG cable plus a USB-A to USB-C adapter?

>only allows analog signals.

There are plenty devices that use them for digital signals.
Like miniature cameras and such, which can't fit a micro USB port.

what are you talking about?
you only need a simple type ab adapter

The fuck are both of you talking about?

USB-A and USB-B are the two different ends of the same (traditional) USB standard.
It's so retards like you don't try to connect two printers to each other.

USB-C will fail because of people like you who will connect their keyboards to their headphones and then complain they can't hear the songs they type.
Making retard proof A->B mandatory was the best thing about USB.

>It's so retards like you don't try to connect two printers to each other.
Who cares? It's not like it would break anything.

It's digital inside the brain