AMD becomes competitive

>AMD becomes competitive
>Intel magically makes progress in quantum computing

engadget.com/amp/2017/10/10/intel-superconducting-test-chip-quantum-computing/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573942/Everybody-needs-hobby-Eccentric-DIY-engineer-used-work-intelligence-agencies-builds-NUCLEAR-FUSION-REACTOR-basement.html
wired.com/2016/05/ibm-letting-anyone-play-quantum-computer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine where we would be if AMD wasn't so incompetent for all those years.

>implying they still aren't

How many cores and threads will w get in quantum CPUs?

only vega is shit

as of right now they are still useless since they cant reliably read the qbit position.

Intel in quantum computing is like Nvidia in supercomputers

A laughing stock.

>all these years
What years?
One bad fuck up bulldoser has almost ruined their company so hard it took them years to come back in the market and make something new.

>Imagine where we would be if Intel wasn't so incompetent for all those years.
ftfy

Quantum computers are measured in qubits. Since each qubit can communicate with every qubit around it, each increase in count is exponential, so a 2000qb computer would not be twice as fast as a 1000qb computer, but a million times faster.

t. I know shit about QC

Intel doesnt have to do antrhing at all unless AMD makes them

The last time they did it they got sued so many times it's not even funny.

True, intel does nothing without amd. Just look at the progress they made the last years:
>no good AMD cpu
>5 years pass
>Intel makes a 25% better CPU (than their 2012 model)

>AMD makes good CPU
>6 months pass
Intel makes a 45% better CPU (than their last)

But to be fair, AMD has a MUCH lower budget. Even when amd makes better stuff they don't sell more.

>so a 2000qb computer would not be twice as fast as a 1000qb computer, but a million times faster.

last I checked 2^2000 divided by 2^1000 is not 1000000

Gpu-not avaible to buy,Cpu-not actually better and expensive platform Jeeeeez rick i wonder why they do not sell more

ah

marketing hype in the form of a """study"""

>Gpu-not avaible to buy
Vega wasnt good. Coffee isnt available to buy either.
>Cpu-not actually better and expensive platform
$10-40 cheaper mobo, $20 cheaper cooler, $10 more expensive ram = More expensive platform?
Also, like 70% better for the same price.

Gonna need sources on that buddy. I can also make stuff up too. My anus is purple.

>Intel makes a 25% better CPU (than their 2012 model)
top kek, not even 10% gains if you overclock.
but there's more proprietary and DRM hard coded in the newer chips.. kek

>AMD makes good CPU
>6 months pass
>Intel makes a 45% better CPU (than their last)
LOL their latest cpu which was rushed because of ryzen isn't even 10% better than ivybridge..

That's empirically false tho

sounds to me like you havent been around long, alot of this stuff is common knowledge if you arent retarded

This will not put a faster GAYMAN RIG on your desktop, faggot.

>ftc.gov is untrustworthy

Quantum physics is bullshit, so it's no surprise they can't get a "real" quantum computer working

>Intel ran their business like a business
>Thrives
>AMDfags complain about how it's "not fair"
KEK

So what you're saying is that instead of innovations tech companies should try to outjew each other?

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Some of their dirty practices happened not too long ago. Did we already forget?

>glued together dies
>t. yieldlet
Intel shills didn't even know about it probably

This is why we need NatSoc. To keep you jews from fucking over the while people.

>Calls me a kike for recognizing Intel being a superior company
Let me guess, you're communists.

Monarchist actually
And in what way Intel is superior when a company with a third of its R&D budget can get ahead of it?
>inb4 muh game benchmarks
CPUs are not only for gaymen

Remember Intel promises of XPoint?
Me neither.

>Works only close to absolute zero temps.
How is this even a news.
>Fucking 17 qubits
D-wave has a chip with +2000 qubits.

Imagine where we would be if intel wasn't so jewed up for all those years.

We will never have quantum computers at home.

The complexity and size are similar as a small nuclear reactor.

They will be used for scientific calculations or maybe mainframes some day.

Pic: a nuclear car that we will all be driving by 1999.

Literally everything about your argument works equally well for normal computers 40 years ago

>ITT: People who have NO IDEA what Quantum Computing is.

The Cringe is unreal.

>Bulldozer is bad meme
I owned a Bulldozer based FX chip. Never had any problems, ran everything fine, costed shitfuck nothing.
Tell me again how a board that specializes in 10 year old ThinkPads thinks a cheapo CPU is bad?

Unless you're a fanboy of some soft, of course. Then everything else is bad.

>>ITT: People who have NO first hand IDEA about the AMD and Intel history and their chips.
FTFY
yes it's cringe

40 years ago I could easily buy relatively cheap transistors and logic gates.
Where can I buy a cheap qubit gate?

No. Quantum computers ar limited by thermal Physics. Old mainframes were limited by valve sizes and the quality of silicon. (and other shit)

Nuclear reactors will never be small enough for home use. Factory yes. Home no. Same for quantum computers.

>shill post
>Jeeeeez rick
You have to go back.

Funny you say NO IDEA because quantum computer is nothing but an IDEA as of now

Having your dick mutilated as a child must have somehow caused all your butthurt.
Do you also have genetic Holocaust/Crusader PTSD?

>tfw 40 years ago was 60 years ago

>Nuclear reactors will never be small enough for home use.
But that's wrong.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573942/Everybody-needs-hobby-Eccentric-DIY-engineer-used-work-intelligence-agencies-builds-NUCLEAR-FUSION-REACTOR-basement.html

>wired.com/2016/05/ibm-letting-anyone-play-quantum-computer/
Not funny, plebbit.

Literally says that result replication wasn't yet achieved. As of now Quantum computer is a fantasy.

> costed shitfuck nothing
There it is, do you think amd wanted to sell those 4.0ghz 8 core chips for less than the price of an i5? Or they got forced to because they where shit?

AMD sells 6/12 for $200 right now.
Is 1600 shit?

Yes.
t. Intel

>Tell me again how a board that specializes in 10 year old ThinkPads thinks a cheapo CPU is bad
For starters this board understands that thinkpads aren't the most powerful pieces of hardware out there, but even as underpowered as they are they still somehow felt snappier than using a bulldozer cpu.

Get rid of windows, then add an SSD, instead of doing retarded synthetic benchmarks

>Get rid of windows, then add an SSD, instead of doing retarded synthetic benchmarks
I run linux, and I don't need an ssd on a random thinkpad. Synthetic benchmark was to show that bulldozers were crap.
TLDR; this laptop will have linux in 30 minutes, and bulldozers will still be shit.

> I run linux
> I post windows screenshots

>> I run linux
>> I post windows screenshots
Linux not yet installed. Is that really an issue for you?

>dual core vs quad core octa thread

Imagine where we would be if Intel didn't antitrust AMD out of billions of dollars from OEMs

Back when Bulldozer was out, the 8150 was more expensive than the 2500K i5, almost as expensive as the 2600K i7, and also the same price as the Xeon E3 1230. Problem is, the 8150 was beaten by everything around it, the Phenom 2 6-core did better than Bulldozer's 8 core, almost all of Sandy Bridge beat it. It was a flop for $230. Long story short, AMD made a $230 chip weaker than Intel's $220 chip and their last year chip. Flop.

there's no progress in quantum computing, don't get jewed

what?

I didn't install linux yet. Why is it a big deal. Fine here's linux on the same thinkpad.
>dual core vs quad core octa thread
Daily computing tasks lilke web browsing, videos, streaming, torenting, and even gaming really doesn't need 8 crap cores does it.
You're just mad that my $10 cpu is a better daily driver than you're fx cpu. I mean my thinkpad cost $70 dollars complete, and it can trade blows with a 5.0ghz fx cpu.

True. If Quantum computers are practically usable, all our applications will run in the cloud, because computing power will be indefinitely cheap. That doesn't necessarily mean that home computers will be based on silicon forever. Spintronics could someday be a much more efficient way to process information and the discovery of Topological Insulators showed that spin polarized currents at room temperature are in theory possible. Also Polariton based processors could interact in a more direct way with the informations sent by some remote QC through a optical fiber

Interesting post. Thanks for giving me words to read about. I'll be back after I have a better understanding on these topics sir.

Sounds like bullshit to me. A 2000qbit computer can solve larger problems (simplified example: a 2000bit encryption) than a 1000qbit one