Microcontroller/Embedded thread

Microcontroller/Embedded thread

SBC bros welcome too since we're a pretty small community
What are you Sup Forumsuys working on?
Posting my favorite friend, the ESP8266

Other urls found in this thread:

tinkerman.cat/using-google-assistant-control-your-esp8266-devices/
learn.adafruit.com/easy-alexa-or-echo-control-of-your-esp8266-huzzah/overview?embeds=allow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've worked with atmegas, intel curie, rpi3, nrf51, nrf52, rbl nano till now. just ordered an echo dot and an esp8266 , the lolin dev board. never worked with wifi till now. only ble. I'm going to make an Alexa compatible plug. I searched real hard on google home integration for smart home devices. literally nothing available. anyone here knows what sup? theres only something called app for assistant but it also seems that there are some stuff the google home alone can control not the plain google assistant on android phones. so how the fuck do I integrate hardware with google home. or do I just use the actions by google console and some home run a function on firebase to access my cloud's API something like the lambda to my cloud thing? anyone here knows this shit?

as soon as this chip comes in, i'll start the callerid wifi sender (udp) using a esp-12.

google assistant is a bit harder to use with the esp8266 chip. the dot is easier since the upnp protocol used was reverse engineered and publicly released so the dot can talk directly to the esp chip (unlike the google assist).

tinkerman.cat/using-google-assistant-control-your-esp8266-devices/

I've got an old graphics calculator that's broken, is there anything cool I can do with it in terms of messing around/learning from it?

for the alexa

learn.adafruit.com/easy-alexa-or-echo-control-of-your-esp8266-huzzah/overview?embeds=allow

the display and the chip are custom so not much you can do with that.

Fix it der

Im going to read them later in the day. thank you. Also regarding Alexa im not going to use the faux library. this is what I've planned. tell me if this is retarded or not

1)on first boot the esp8266 starts in AP mode.
2)connect an android app to the esp8266
3)upload wifi ssid and pwd and user email and some authentication token to esp8266
4)esp8266 disconnects and goes online waiting for a post request.

5)now when I given a command to Alexa, the was lambda sends a request to my web server with email and some authentication

6)now the web server Posts it to the esp8266 that matches the logged in email

on unexpected reboot due to power loss, esp connects to wifi and queries the state in the web server and sets it to previous value.

So this is what I've understood is the proper process. Anything retarded here? Ive never made any web server before. But it looks doable

someone tell me if you can NOR flash a LS1021A TWR armv7 board with CodeWarrior without using the Codewarrior USB JTAG.

I only have Lauterbach, red probe plus, and iar arm system probe.

Thanks

do you really want to send stuff to a server on the internet thats not under your control? why i don't like using the google ifttt server. rather talk directly to the local devices.
and not sure what you're trying to do. sounds like you wanna reset something when the power returns after a outage.

you can use the keyboard

Basically I want to control it not just through Alexa but even away from home over internet using an app. It makes sense if its just Alexa. I can use the Alexa when im at my farm house. but when I come back to the city I have to use the app. I won't have access to the local network then. I don't want to use ifttt for the exact purpose you said. Ill have my own server process the authentication and have state persistence. Its my understanding that any Alexa command automatically has to be routed through the AWS Lambda to format it so that my server can receive it

I mostly build data radios using pic12f1840 and various rfics.I don't really use them for anything but pic assembly is fun.

Has someone programmed an usb custom device?

what does that mean?

>tfw the next version of ESP8266/ESP32 supposedly has a vision processor
>tfw tiny ass wireless surveillance camera that can sip a lithium coin cell battery for a year and only cost $10
>tfw this changes stalking forever

WLAN alone from an ESP draws over 100mAh.
You're lucky to get two hours of wireless transmission out of a coin cell.

*mA

> fell for the nano meme.
> fell for the nrf24l01 meme.
> fell for the mysensors.org meme.
> fell for the raspberry pi meme.
> fell for the github meme.
> fell for compiling native on a pi to enhance dimmer module in Ago control.
> forgot to mention, fell for the Ago control meme.
> wires everywhere.
> wife complained.
> project abandoned. nothing to do but measure distance with the ultra sonic module.
> working on 3d scanner using line laser.
> working on polar plotter.
> working on nichrome cutter.
> working on coil gun.
> programming shit.
> trading stocks.
> trying to get a job.
Am I spending my time well?

no poster but I'd guess interfacing to USB directly without help from a dedicated chip. Which is a waste of time but whatevs. I'm the guy who spends time well.

>too much work and uni related stuff to do
>no more time for private projects
tfw

Yes, on NXP 17xx and 18xx.

>having a wife

GET OUTT OF MY BOOAARDDDDD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE only virgins allowed here